NPR radio talks about the horrible dating scene for men

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

NPR radio talks about the horrible dating scene for men

Post by jamesbond »

Check out this radio interview where the dating scene in the US is discussed. They talk about how in the US, single men outnumber single women by 2 to 1. Also guys call in to the radio show and talk about the horrible dating scene in America.

It's really interesting, I have never heard this discussed on a mainstream radio program before, check it out!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPK-d4NA ... ubs_digest[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

It's interesting that this interview is from 2001 and predicted the 2 to 1 single men to single women ratio in the US would occur by 2010.

It's interesting to hear men call in and talk about the horrible dating scene for them. You even had some women call in and agree that the dating scene is a lot better for women than it is for men in America.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

jamesbond wrote:It's interesting that this interview is from 2001 and predicted the 2 to 1 single men to single women ratio in the US would occur by 2010.

It's interesting to hear men call in and talk about the horrible dating scene for them. You even had some women call in and agree that the dating scene is a lot better for women than it is for men in America.

After listening to all the callers, here's what's happening ...
The young guys are after the young women.
The older guys are ALSO after the young women.
The young women have more than enough attention.
The older women are at home with their cats and dogs.

They need the men to participate most, because that's who will spend most of the money in pursuing a relationship.
The t.v. and radio bombard older men (but not women) with ads for getting their sex drive back up, for a reason.
A happily single man can spend a lot less money (and spends it very differently) in the local economy than a man who is dating or married.