Do you notice all these old, fat white men in Asia?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

davewe wrote:I have every intention of retiring abroad in the near future and certainly the ability to get attractive women and the ability to live a nice lifestyle on a modest fixed income are two of the biggest reasons. Please explain how this makes me or someone like me arrogant and subject to ridicule.

The entire crux of Winston's message on this website is that men can travel to or relocate abroad and get better, younger and hotter women, and live on less cash. So what am I missing here?

And if I relocate and walk down the street with a hotter younger girl and some young American male approaches me yelling and cursing, it would be he that comes across as the Ugly American, not me.
What I specifically meant was the obnoxious, arrogant attitude, not the age gap. Young, obnoxious American guys behaving that way would be no different.

There's nothing wrong at all with older men pairing up with younger women and enjoying foreign countries. It's just that when combined with the arrogant, entitled "holier-than-thou" American attitude, it becomes a sickly sight.

This is fine. The guy looks like a family man who takes care of himself.

This is not. The guy looks like an irresponsible sex addict who does not take care of himself.

Last edited by Falcon on February 26th, 2012, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Falcon wrote:
What I specifically meant was the obnoxious, arrogant attitude, not the age gap. Young, obnoxious American guys behaving that way would be no different.

There's nothing wrong at all with older men pairing up with younger women and enjoying foreign countries. It's just that when combined with the arrogant, entitled "holier-than-thou" American attitude, it becomes a sickly sight.

This is not. The guy looks like an irresponsible sex addict who does not take care of himself.

I am sure there are plenty of sleazy tourists in the Tijuana area; I don't doubt you. I mean the town is legendary for some of that. But you do realize that the only discernible difference in these pics is that guy #2 is fat and guy #1 is dressed for the evening. Guy #1 could be a criminal and guy #2 could be a Nobel laureate. If shorts and sandals make a sex addict - then I am also guilty :)
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

You're absolutely right - I don't like to judge by looks either. The fatter man could in fact be a caring family man. But it's just to get my point across.

This picture better conveys what I mean. This is a young, good-looking American who disrupts a beauty pageant in Guatemala with his drunkenness.

Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

Falcon wrote:
davewe wrote:I have every intention of retiring abroad in the near future and certainly the ability to get attractive women and the ability to live a nice lifestyle on a modest fixed income are two of the biggest reasons. Please explain how this makes me or someone like me arrogant and subject to ridicule.

The entire crux of Winston's message on this website is that men can travel to or relocate abroad and get better, younger and hotter women, and live on less cash. So what am I missing here?

And if I relocate and walk down the street with a hotter younger girl and some young American male approaches me yelling and cursing, it would be he that comes across as the Ugly American, not me.

completely unrelated but, doesn't the guy in the first picture look like Gary Busey?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Davewe, you are perfectly fine. I am not criticizing you, your preferences, plans, or decisions, so there is no need to get defensive.

Note that when I threw in the comment about the older American men with younger women in Tijuana, I specifically emphasized their boorishness, not their physical looks.

I am saying that some Americans go to other countries ONLY to satisfy their sexual and alcoholic needs, do not care about the local culture at all, and make a big mess of the place with their boorishness and irresponsible behaviors. They "exploit the cheaper prices" by blasting all their cash exclusively on cheap beer and cheap cigarettes. One that does not make a good impression with the locals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_American _(epithet)

The Good American can include someone who goes abroad to retire, spends less so his savings are worth more, gets to know the local culture, and starts a romantic relationship with a good-looking younger woman. One that makes a good impression with the locals.

Again, this is just to give you an idea. I'm not intending to stereotype.

So, THIS is far better

than THIS.

First picture above - nothing wrong with that. He's probably even a very decent, amicable guy with a very big heart.

Second picture - I see those troublemaking Americans in Tijuana all the time. Not fine.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Ned Zeppelin wrote: completely unrelated but, doesn't the guy in the first picture look like Gary Busey?
And the drunk in the other pic looks just like John Belushi!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Falcon wrote:Davewe, you are perfectly fine. I am not criticizing you, your preferences, plans, or decisions, so there is no need to get defensive.

Note that when I threw in the comment about the older American men with younger women in Tijuana, I specifically emphasized their boorishness, not their physical looks.

I am saying that some Americans go to other countries ONLY to satisfy their sexual and alcoholic needs, do not care about the local culture at all, and make a big mess of the place with their boorishness and irresponsible behaviors. They "exploit the cheaper prices" by blasting all their cash exclusively on cheap beer and cheap cigarettes. One that does not make a good impression with the locals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_American _(epithet)

The Good American can include someone who goes abroad to retire, spends less so his savings are worth more, gets to know the local culture, and starts a romantic relationship with a good-looking younger woman. One that makes a good impression with the locals.

Again, this is just to give you an idea. I'm not intending to stereotype.
Thanks for clarifying, Falcon. Don't worry about it. There are unfortunately a lot of expats of all ages that do not represent us well.

Unfortunately in our culture currently a younger guy who drinks and whores - well "boys will be boys" but an older guy is often thought of as some kinda sleazy pervert. The stereotype bugs me but there is some level of truth to it. Maybe we need a 3rd category that will cover me - "ethical pervert."
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

davewe wrote:
Ned Zeppelin wrote: completely unrelated but, doesn't the guy in the first picture look like Gary Busey?
I thought it was a picture from Animal House when I first saw it. :lol:
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

FreeYourMind wrote:
davewe wrote:
I thought it was a picture from Animal House when I first saw it. :lol:
Exactly! It looks like a composite.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Re: Do you notice all these old, fat white men in Asia?

Post by WuFan »

chileanueva wrote:Yeah, they're called sex tourists. They hook up with pig-noised dark Filipinas because they can't get any action back home.

They are pedhophiles and sex abusers. They are the lowest of the lowest in the male scum ladder.

Old, fat asian man smell bad and look like shit and think money will make them more attractive. Maybe to gold digging whores, but not to reality.

Sure, you can have a ton of money, but if you don't take care of your body, you're just gross and unwanted. Truth is a bitch huh?
LEAVE WINSTON ALONE!

Image[/img]
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

davewe wrote:
Oh my god your right