They Live (1988) - Movie about our mind control matrix

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

They Live (1988) - Movie about our mind control matrix

Post by Winston »

Check out this film "They Live", from 1988, that David Icke recommends we all watch if we want to learn about the NWO and how we are mind controlled in this matrix. You can watch the whole film on YouTube.

Description:

An economic crisis brings unemployed Nada (Roddy Piper) to L.A. in search of work. What he finds instead is that the ruling elite of the world are aliens in disguise, their aim being to keep humans in a state of mindless consumerism. His discovery comes when he dons a pair of special sunglasses made by a resistance group and sees for the first time reality unadorned. Billboards, store signs, magazine covers--all bear subliminal messages to OBEY, to CONSUME, to have NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT. Money itself says THIS IS YOUR GOD. But worst of all, with these glasses you see which of us are really hideous, bug-eyed aliens. The conceptual breakthrough is hilarious while keeping its roots in darker matters. Although some fault the film for settling into its action plot, the ending has a great payoff. And the direction by John Carpenter is handled with superb workmanlike aplomb.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIQ7I-OGf4
Last edited by Winston on April 26th, 2012, 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I have seen this movie a few times and it was pretty interesting. Subliminal mind control is some scary shit! :shock:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just finished watching it. And while it is overly violent and silly, the metaphors in it are stunningly accurate about the false world of illusion and mind control that we live in. You all definitely need to watch it. Very few films portray things the way they are as this one does. The underground secret complex at the end was hilarious.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
polya
Junior Poster

Thanks for reminding me!

Post by polya »

I'll watch it now. I remember David Icke recommending this film, but I forgot about it until now. I'm sure it'll be interesting, but the world was different in 1988!!
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for reminding me!

Post by Winston »

polya wrote:I'll watch it now. I remember David Icke recommending this film, but I forgot about it until now. I'm sure it'll be interesting, but the world was different in 1988!!
It was essentially the same in that mind control was used to enslave the population into a state of fear and consumption. So the film still applies. But public technology wasn't as advanced until now.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Excerpts with David Icke commentary.