Why don't theaters have intermissions for bathroom breaks?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Why don't theaters have intermissions for bathroom breaks?

Post by Winston »

Why don't movie theaters have short intermissions for bathroom breaks like live theaters do?

It's annoying and a pain to have to hold your pee for an hour or more during a movie cause you don't want to miss any of it. Even if you take a piss before the movie starts, you are still likely to need to pee halfway through the movie, especially if you're drinking something, so it's hard to avoid.

So it's kind of stupid to force the audience to either go to the restroom and miss the film, or hold it in for one hour or more. That's a stupid choice.

Why can't they just have the intermission for restroom breaks? It would make sense if they did.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If the theater had assigned/numbered seating, it'd be feasible. Otherwise it'd be a fight over who had what seat and where.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some of the movie theaters in Manila have assigned seating, but still no bathroom breaks. I doubt that assigned seating is the reason though.

Why do you keep posting strange photos of aliens as a joke? What is the point of them?

History is about to be made in that 9/11 is about to blown wide open. You should be excited, but instead you are ridiculing it with photos of aliens that were made for fun? I don't get it. Your reaction seems emotional, not logical.

I thought you were wise and practical, yet when faced with facts and evidence, you become emotional and go into denial. Why? What happened to your intellect and reason?

There is scientific forensic evidence here, among other things. That should excite you. It does a lot of people.

I don't get why you have an emotional and personal need to protect anyone in authority, even if they are murderers, liars, conspirators and evil? Why?

Why doesn't your heart go out to the innocent victims and good people?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: Why don't cinemas have intermissions for bathroom breaks

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:Why don't movie theaters have short intermissions for bathroom breaks like live theaters do?

It's annoying and a pain to have to hold your pee for an hour or more during a movie cause you don't want to miss any of it. Even if you take a piss before the movie starts, you are still likely to need to pee halfway through the movie, especially if you're drinking something, so it's hard to avoid.

So it's kind of stupid to force the audience to either go to the restroom and miss the film, or hold it in for one hour or more. That's a stupid choice.

Why can't they just have the intermission for restroom breaks? It would make sense if they did.
You are a young man. You should not have this urge to pee during a 90 minute movie.

Get a prostate exam checkup. Usually not for men your age, but the above is a prime symptom of prostate disease.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:
Winston wrote:Why don't movie theaters have short intermissions for bathroom breaks like live theaters do?

You are a young man. You should not have this urge to pee during a 90 minute movie.

Get a prostate exam checkup. Usually not for men your age, but the above is a prime symptom of prostate disease.
It could be many things. I looked it up before. I checked my balls and no lumps. Some people pee often. It varies from individual. Some have quick bladders. Some pee only once a day, amazingly. I pee especially if am drinking something.

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:
globetrotter wrote:

It could be many things. I looked it up before. I checked my balls and no lumps. Some people pee often. It varies from individual. Some have quick bladders. Some pee only once a day, amazingly. I pee especially if am drinking something.
Your balls are not your prostate. Only a doctor can check your prostate for irregularities and only a lab can test your PSA level.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why don't theaters have intermissions for bathroom break

Post by Winston »

I noticed that great masterpiece epic films in the 1950's and 1960's did had intermission breaks, so that you could get up and go to the bathroom. Why don't movies have intermission breaks anymore like they did in the old days? It sucks when you have to hold your urine in for one or two hours during a movie, just because you're afraid you'll miss something if you go to the bathroom. That's very inconsiderate of them. Maybe eliminate the previews at the beginning and use that time for an intermission break?

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

BUT in Philippines you do get break....In the western countries No...In India, we have a break 100% in all cities and theaters...

in IMAX SM megamall they have breaks
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

The break could reduce the number of films they show a day.

You could bring a jacket and an empty jar. Either that or don't order a drink.

Most people can probably hold it that long.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:I noticed that great masterpiece epic films in the 1950's and 1960's did had intermission breaks, so that you could get up and go to the bathroom. Why don't movies have intermission breaks anymore like they did in the old days? It sucks when you have to hold your urine in for one or two hours during a movie, just because you're afraid you'll miss something if you go to the bathroom. That's very inconsiderate of them. Maybe eliminate the previews at the beginning and use that time for an intermission break?
Movies used to be longer, and a trip to the movies could include a cartoon and a newsreel, so it was a long trip.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

starchild5 wrote:BUT in Philippines you do get break....In the western countries No...In India, we have a break 100% in all cities and theaters...

in IMAX SM megamall they have breaks
What do you mean? I've been to movies in the Philippines hundreds of times. They don't give you any breaks. Not even at SM Megamall. Instead, they give you 20 minutes of commercials and previews at the beginning, which is unethical. Because if you pay for a movie, you shouldn't have to watch TV commercials in them too. If advertisers pay for these commercials, then the movie should be free. They can't have it both ways. That's unethical. They are trying to squeeze as much money as they can from both theater viewers and TV advertisers. Greedy bastards. Plus they usually show about 8 TV commercials before the film, which is way too long. When I brought my son to see Kung Fu Panda 3, he got impatient. Kids don't like to wait that long. Greedy Filipino bastards. I should complain to the manager at SM about that.

They used to only show 1 or 2 TV commercials before the movie. Now they show 6 to 8 commercials, plus 5 or 6 movie previews. And sometimes they are so sloppy that they show the commercials TWICE! LOL. What dumbfucks. LOL.

The good thing about Philippines theaters at SM Malls is that the bathrooms are usually right at the entrance of the theaters, so you can go to them quickly without missing much. But American theaters usually make you walk all the way down the end of the hall outside to go to the bathroom.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:The break could reduce the number of films they show a day.

You could bring a jacket and an empty jar. Either that or don't order a drink.

Most people can probably hold it that long.
That's just an excuse. How are they able to show 10 to 15 minutes of previews for upcoming movies without reducing the number of films they show per day? Come on. You know why. There's no profit in bathroom breaks.

I can't hold it in that long. Some people have active bladders and have to pee every hour. Especially as you get older, you have to pee more frequently. It's annoying.

livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Post by livefreeordie »

Great point

On top of that, why cant they get rid of those super bright and annoying EXIT signs, in a totally dark room, as if people are blind or something
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Meh. Just go to a drug store and pick up one of these babies.

Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

If you can't make it through 3-4 hours without peeing then something is definitely wrong. Maybe you are overly hydrated and need to consume more salt.

http://butterbeliever.com/8-reasons-not ... ter-a-day/