Is "Die Hard" a Christmas Movie?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.

Is Die Hard A Christmas Movie?

Yes. It had a lot of Christmas themes.
No votes
No. It has nothing to do with Christmas.
100%

Total votes: 3
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Is "Die Hard" a Christmas Movie?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Been having this (pointless) debate with a friend of mine for years now. I, being a man of reason, believe that Die Hard is not a Christmas Movie at all. My friend, being silly and unreasonable, thinks it is a Christmas Movie. What do you think? Let's settle this shit once and for all with a poll so I can show him just how silly and wrong he is. :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Is Die Hard A Christmas Movie?

Post by TruthSeeker »

Die Hard is not a Christmas movie though it is set at Christmas time.

A classic part is when Det. John McClane (Bruce Willis) encounters German terrorist Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) at 1:31 in the film. Very good acting.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Is Die Hard A Christmas Movie?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

TruthSeeker wrote:
December 31st, 2022, 12:48 pm
Die Hard is not a Christmas movie though it is set at Christmas time.

A classic part is when Det. John McClane (Bruce Willis) encounters German terrorist Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) at 1:31 in the film. Very good acting.
Thank you! Glad there isn't someone else who is totally insane. :lol: my friend is adamant it's a Christmas Movie and it makes me want to stab him lol
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Re: Is "Die Hard" a Christmas Movie?

Post by glanmit »

Just watched this movie cause of all the active discussions about it . My answer is no.
Had a little hard time to find it online to be honest and decided to buy a streaming device finally.
What do you think of this article , which one is better: firestick or fire cube?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
December 31st, 2022, 12:27 am
Been having this (pointless) debate with a friend of mine for years now. I, being a man of reason, believe that Die Hard is not a Christmas Movie at all. My friend, being silly and unreasonable, thinks it is a Christmas Movie. What do you think? Let's settle this shit once and for all with a poll so I can show him just how silly and wrong he is. :lol:
It's that time of year again and my friend is continuing this pointless and silly discussion about how he, someone who is deranged and mentally ill, believes Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

His evidence is as follows:
Set at xmas has more xmas songs on its soundtrack than white christmas does. It snows it happens on xmas eve
What weak arguments... :roll:

Can I get some support from you guys here so I can forward this poll to him and demonstrate how unreasonable and silly he is? :lol:

@Lucas88
@WanderingProtagonist
@Winston
@willymonfrete
@fschmidt
@MrMan
@MarcosZeitola
@galii
@yick
@publicduende
@Yohan
@Natural_Born_Cynic
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
December 17th, 2023, 4:42 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
It's that time of year again and my friend is continuing this pointless and silly discussion about how he, someone who is deranged and mentally ill, believes Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

Set at xmas has more xmas songs on its soundtrack than white christmas does. It snows it happens on xmas eve

Can I get some support from you guys here so I can forward this poll to him and demonstrate how unreasonable and silly he is? :lol:

@Lucas88
@WanderingProtagonist
@Winston
@willymonfrete
@fschmidt
@MrMan
@MarcosZeitola
@galii
@yick
@publicduende
@Yohan
@Natural_Born_Cynic
I don't remember much from Die Hard at all,
I just know it was a relevant action movie that elevated Bruce Willis in the 90s.
But I am certain it wasn't a Christmas film though.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I have never seen it but I would say 'no' the last time I have ever watched anything with Bruce Willis was that programme 'Moonlighting' where he was with Cybil Sheppard.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

I would say yes just from my feelings. If I wanted to watch a christmas movie that would be it. I don't know any other christmas movie I would like to watch.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
December 17th, 2023, 4:42 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@Lucas88
@WanderingProtagonist
@Winston
@willymonfrete
@fschmidt
@MrMan
@MarcosZeitola
@galii
@yick
@publicduende
@Yohan
@Natural_Born_Cynic
No it's not. There is no Santa and his elves riding down the Nakatomi Tower in Die Hard 1 and taking out Hans :lol:
It an action movie set in Christmas.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Let me take it back I am not that shure about the first one. The second one is more because it is cold. I can't accept christmas when it is warm.