Gaming & New Releases

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Gaming & New Releases

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 31st, 2023, 11:02 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
May 29th, 2023, 2:28 pm
Does anyone remember the old retro games? The likes of which you find in arcades and stuff? When it comes to gaming do you guys prefer the older retro games or more modern games?

I've been playing Streets of Rage today with @Lucas88 an old Sega classic where you walk the streets and beat the f**k out of random thugs for no reason with knives, bats and fists. :lol:

This is a playthrough on the hardest difficulty (me and Lucas played on this difficulty) but on this difficulty they don't take a single hit. Obviously me and Lucas got hammered by these assholes, but the nostalgia overridden any frustration we felt from losing the game lol
@Pixel--Dude
@Lucas88
LOL, I used to have Streets of Rage 1 and 2 and the Golden Axe games (#1-3) on Sega Genesis in the 1990s, so I played all these as a youth and eventually won them all (though without any particular "achievement" like someone who plays the same game so much they can win without being hit once?!?!). :lol:
The YM2612 soundtracks were fun. :mrgreen:
I'd say Golden Axe 1 and 2 were my favorites because of the Conan the Barbarian vibe + (just as, or more importantly) Tyris Flare's big ass (though it is a tiny one compared with what I am spoiled with now, LOL). :lol: :lol: :lol:
I still love these games today, I think they're much better than modern games despite modern games having much more advanced graphics and mechanics. I have PS4 with the Sega Mega Collection so I can play some of these classics.

@WilliamSmith
@Lucas88

If you guys have PS4 and Sega Mega Collection we could play some of the classics like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe together. :mrgreen:

If anyone has PS4 and wants to add my username send me a private message and I'll add you.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 2:08 am
WilliamSmith wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
Does anyone remember the old retro games? The likes of which you find in arcades and stuff? When it comes to gaming do you guys prefer the older retro games or more modern games?

I've been playing Streets of Rage today with @Lucas88 an old Sega classic where you walk the streets and beat the f**k out of random thugs for no reason with knives, bats and fists. :lol:

This is a playthrough on the hardest difficulty (me and Lucas played on this difficulty) but on this difficulty they don't take a single hit. Obviously me and Lucas got hammered by these assholes, but the nostalgia overridden any frustration we felt from losing the game lol
@Pixel--Dude
@Lucas88
LOL, I used to have Streets of Rage 1 and 2 and the Golden Axe games (#1-3) on Sega Genesis in the 1990s, so I played all these as a youth and eventually won them all (though without any particular "achievement" like someone who plays the same game so much they can win without being hit once?!?!). :lol:
I'd say Golden Axe 1 and 2 were my favorites because of the Conan the Barbarian vibe + (just as, or more importantly) Tyris Flare's big ass (though it is a tiny one compared with what I am spoiled with now, LOL). :lol: :lol: :lol:
I still love these games today, I think they're much better than modern games despite modern games having much more advanced graphics and mechanics. I have PS4 with the Sega Mega Collection so I can play some of these classics.

@WilliamSmith
@Lucas88

If you guys have PS4 and Sega Mega Collection we could play some of the classics like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe together. :mrgreen:

If anyone has PS4 and wants to add my username send me a private message and I'll add you.
You said it. Most modern games look completely dogsh*t with it's ugly, grey, plastic, shiny looking graphics.
They have sacrificed gameplay over graphics to attract more dimwitted and casual players. I still play older games rather than new ones.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 8:11 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
WilliamSmith wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@Pixel--Dude
@Lucas88

@WilliamSmith
@Lucas88

You said it. Most modern games look completely dogsh*t with it's ugly, grey, plastic, shiny looking graphics.
They have sacrificed gameplay over graphics to attract more dimwitted and casual players. I still play older games rather than new ones.
I don't know what it is about the older classics. Whether it's the nostalgia or the simplicity, but I've found games like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage have way more replayability than modern games.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 10:23 am
August 1st, 2023, 8:11 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
WilliamSmith wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@Pixel--Dude
@Lucas88

@WilliamSmith
@Lucas88

I don't know what it is about the older classics. Whether it's the nostalgia or the simplicity, but I've found games like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage have way more replayability than modern games.
True that. Modern games looks so soulless, ugly, grey, drab, so boring, dreadful than their predecessors. Such a shame that the only technical advancement is the graphics instead of gameplay and storytelling.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

@Pixel--Dude
@Natural_Born_Cynic

I have enough money right now that I've decided that my prior dabbling in programming is going to bear fruit and I'm actually going to make some retrogames. :mrgreen:
I can only work on it as a side project because I have two other businesses I need to deal with for main income sources, but I am going to do it since I'm not strapped for cash anymore.
Of course, I can't say what they are if any of them are actually on a platform where you can sell stuff, or else the jews will obviously close all my accounts, but maybe I can make some HA themed "asset flips" of my primary programming frameworks just for our oddball "community" here, LOL. Maybe a Winston Mario-1 styled platformer and an fschmidt retro pixel JRPG about Arkianism? :lol:

So a question to you two and anyone else who likes retro games:
What are your favorite retrogames of all time? (I'm thinking anywhere from an 80s to early-mid 90s timeframe, but post whatever you want.) Who knows, I have made a few dozen frameworks of different genres (platformers, rpgs, topdown and sidescrolling shooters, etc), maybe I'll make something following your favorites? :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 5:51 pm
I have enough money right now that I've decided that my prior dabbling in programming is going to bear fruit and I'm actually going to make some retrogames. :mrgreen:
I can only work on it as a side project because I have two other businesses I need to deal with for main income sources, but I am going to do it since I'm not strapped for cash anymore.
Of course, I can't say what they are if any of them are actually on a platform where you can sell stuff, or else the jews will obviously close all my accounts, but maybe I can make some HA themed "asset flips" of my primary programming frameworks just for our oddball "community" here, LOL. Maybe a Winston Mario-1 styled platformer and an fschmidt retro pixel JRPG about Arkianism? :lol:

So a question to you two and anyone else who likes retro games:
What are your favorite retrogames of all time? (I'm thinking anywhere from an 80s to early-mid 90s timeframe, but post whatever you want.) Who knows, I have made a few dozen frameworks of different genres (platformers, rpgs, topdown and sidescrolling shooters, etc), maybe I'll make something following your favorites? :mrgreen:
Lol! I've already thought of an @fschmidt-themed game: Arkian Assault.

In Arkian Assault, our protagonist fschmidt himself must purchase weapons and shoot up schools, college campuses, churches, nightclubs, etc. in order to rid the world of "modern scum" in a GTA-like sandbox world. The game would feature a "star system" like in the GTA games and more powerful units of law enforcement from ordinary beat cops through swat teams and finally the military spawn as fschmidt commits more crimes and the number of stars increases. The objective of each mission is for fschmidt to gun down as many "modern scum" as possible in the specified location and then escape the murder scene while avoiding getting busted or killed by law enforcement. Weapons that our protagonist can acquire include handguns, uzis, assault rifles, shotguns, machetes, grenades, C4 explosives, and even rocket launchers! LMAO!

Arkian Assault would be a hilarious game. Make it, William!

My favorite retro game is Streets of Rage. I loved the macho beat 'em' up theme with an early 90s vibe. The gameplay featured awesome combos, a pretty neat grappling system and various melee weapons. 8)
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Lucas88 wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 6:37 pm
Lol! I've already thought of an @fschmidt-themed game: Arkian Assault.

In Arkian Assault, our protagonist fschmidt himself must purchase weapons and shoot up schools, college campuses, churches, nightclubs, etc. in order to rid the world of "modern scum" in a GTA-like sandbox world. The game would feature a "star system" like in the GTA games and more powerful units of law enforcement from ordinary beat cops through swat teams and finally the military spawn as fschmidt commits more crimes and the number of stars increases. The objective of each mission is for fschmidt to gun down as many "modern scum" as possible in the specified location and then escape the murder scene while avoiding getting busted or killed by law enforcement. Weapons that our protagonist can acquire include handguns, uzis, assault rifles, shotguns, machetes, grenades, C4 explosives, and even rocket launchers! LMAO!

Arkian Assault would be a hilarious game. Make it, William!
@Lucas88
Hmmm, we'll have to consider these concepts... That's more involved than what I'd had in mind, but we'll keep threshing out the ideas.

@fschmidt's Arkian ideas do have intellectual merit in many ways, even though I don't agree with a number of his foundational premises (not that I disagree with all of them) and some of his conclusions he drew from those premises.

But I'm not really sure that'd be his cup of tea to actually have the theme be him trying to arm himself to wipe out most of the human population with a big arsenal of weapons though:
My impression was that he more wanted to create the equivalent of what he considered genetically sound "phyles" (intentional ethnicity I think he called it) and that his fixation on saying 99% of everyone else on the planet were "complete morons who deserved to be executed" was more something that he thought would follow as a consequence of their own crushing stupidity and intellectual and moral inferiority vs the "globalist elite" who would do the dirty work for him (as opposed to him wanting to actually get in on the action and do the actual "exterminating" himself using a big arsenal of guns)... We'll see what he thinks. :mrgreen:

I could definitely make a big bullet-fest that was not Arkian themed, but only want to do 2d (not going 3d like the GTA games), but for Arkianism I had only briefly conceived of a tiny retropixel JRPG where an annoyed looking fschmidt 8bit "mega-chibi" would walk about talking to various individuals all over the world (this is Happier Abroad, after all) and get triggered by their responses, resulting in some concluding retort about how everyone including them is "a complete moron who deserves to be executed," or saying things to me like he did recently: "....there are 8 billion more who think like you. Every time I am on the internet, my conviction that 99% of humanity should be exterminated grows stronger."

But of course, the main objective of the Arkian mini-RPG I had in mind could be to actually acquire adequate converts to build Arkian phyles, leaving the possibility of a happy ending in the works....
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

@WilliamSmith

In Arkian Assault there could also be specialized objective-based missions in addition to the regular massacres which make up the bulk of the gameplay.

In one such specialized objective-based mission, a group of right-wing activists are lobbying to ban the promotion of transgenderism in schools in fschmidt's state. Because fschmidt wants transgenderism to be promoted to future "modern scum" so that fewer of them reproduce, the protagonist is given the mission to abduct and intimidate a number of the activists so that they desist out of fear for their own safety and the pro-LGBT liberals come out on top.

In another mission, fschmidt must assassinate the Republican political candidate so that a Democrat can win the election and continue to force the globohomo agenda on modern scum Americans.

In one particularly pivotal mission, fschmidt turns on his own rabbi and blows up the synagogue with explosives after realizing that his rabbi doesn't hate modern scum enough and is indeed modern scum himself. It is from this moment that our Arkian hero decides to form his own Arkian movement and a new story arc begins.

The game should feature about 80 missions and involve fschmidt murdering modern scum for various different bosses until he realizes that none of them are extreme enough in their hatred for modern scum and decides to kill them all and go his own way. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

As for Winston's theoretic Mario 1 styled platformer:

I was thinking @Winston could go to different locations cruising for chicks and then making his usual interesting highly opinionated philosophical comments about the local social dynamics and the women, as well as the obvious Mario gameplay dynamics of running around an 8bit environment modelled after various real world locations like Taiwan, the Phillipines, Russia and Eastern Europe, etc.
Not exactly sure who the enemies would be... Any ideas?
The R/Hapas crowd certainly hates Winston, as do some SJWs bitching on the net about him in various articles... What other enemies? The jews delisted Happier Abroad from jewgle and other jew-occupied search engines, but not sure if Winston would want smallhats to be on the enemies list.

As for the Winston/Mario player character scoring with chicks in an 8bit environment:
Did anyone place the Ganbare Goemon game on the SNES (I think the US title was "Legend of the Mystical Ninja," ROFLMAO) that had the "bonus babes" where you just walk into cute Japanese girls in kimonos on the street and collect them to add to your score? (P.S. don't worry any Asian lurkers, Goemon was also a Asian guy like you, not white!)
But that'd be a pretty easy way to do the PUA side of Winston's journey using simple collision detection...
Last edited by WilliamSmith on August 1st, 2023, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Last but not least:

I definitely could do something along the lines of a Streets of Rage and/or Golden Axe styled thing for sure, I already made a sidescrolling "beat-em-up" framework along the lines of the Double Dragon series, but the only real difference is the depth of combos and the higher-maintenance pixel art....
@Lucas88, if you like the Yuzo Koshiro soundtrack on the YM2612 you'd probably also be amused how close I can already come to replicating that soundtrack style either with more modern audio or software-emulated FM-synth that sounds just like the Genesis, ROFLMAO!
:lol:
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 7:00 pm
But I'm not really sure that'd be his cup of tea to actually have the theme be him trying to arm himself to wipe out most of the human population with a big arsenal of weapons though:
I think that he'd love it! He's already gone on record to say that he'd happily gun down the semi-retarded modern scum in his town (El Paso, right?) if he could get away with it and that the law is the only thing that stops him from doing it. LMAO!

Arkian Assault! Design it, William! It'll be a fcukin' awesome game! 8)
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Lucas88
@WilliamSmith
@Natural_Born_Cynic
@WanderingProtagonist

Is this the future of gaming? I saw some awesome looking ideas where AI is now playing the part of NPC characters that the player can interact with. I want to share some clips and then ask some questions.

At the moment they are just mods. But I think AI controlled NPCs the player can interact with freely will be the future of gaming.

Here are some GTA V clips.

Here is a clip from Skyrim where the player has an AI controlled NPC companion who responds to everything they say.

@fschmidt I think these mods are just made from fans of the game. What do you think of them (from the perspective of a programmer)

So here are some questions about the new AI NPC technology:

1. Do you think this is the future of gaming?

2. Do you think this could be possibly something detrimental to relationships and friendships with people interacting more with NPCs than real people (or real life NPCs :lol: )
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Pixel--Dude
1. Do you think this is the future of gaming?

2. Do you think this could be possibly something detrimental to relationships and friendships with people interacting more with NPCs than real people (or real life NPCs :lol: )
1) Yes. After 5 to 10 years, there would be in-built Chat GPT like A.I inside the every game meaning that gaming companies can train it's A.I engine to mimic real life people and circumstances and put that data inside the game like Grand Theft Auto 6 and others.
In addition, the A.I can write code now which can act as a "multiplier" for Game Programmers. Computer hardware technology is getting more advanced year after year.. I don't see why not.

2) Yes. We already are socially "fragmented" thanks to social media, porn, and gaming. If fully interactive A.I enters the picture, it's all over. A final nail in the coffin because A.I is much more robust, flexible, lifelike and configurable than your typical human. Humans betray, get jealous, gets angry, lie, refuse sex, and can act like a$$holes. An A.I does not. A.I is superior option than a human. In the future, all those lonely incels will opt in for virtual A.I girlfriend instead of real women because real women are expensive already with poor return of investments and A.I girlfriend is aesthetically and morally superior than a real women.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

August 15th, 2023, 10:55 am

1) Yes. After 5 to 10 years, there would be in-built Chat GPT like A.I inside the every game meaning that gaming companies can train it's A.I engine to mimic real life people and circumstances and put that data inside the game like Grand Theft Auto 6 and others.
In addition, the A.I can write code now which can act as a "multiplier" for Game Programmers. Computer hardware technology is getting more advanced year after year.. I don't see why not.
Did you watch the clips I posted? The players were having fill conversations with the A.I companion. I'm thinking more specifically the Skyrim example here, but imagine that kind of technology in gaming in ten or twenty years time. Plus I believe that AI companion in Skyrim was created by fans who make and design their own mods, so imagine if a company with decent financial backing invested in this kind of immersion for one of their games.

Imagine if the AI for game NPCs became so advanced that they one day broke their programming and went insane. A.I. obtaining consciousness is discussed more here: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=28&t=45753&p=4 ... 41#p400199
2) Yes. We already are socially "fragmented" thanks to social media, porn, and gaming. If fully interactive A.I enters the picture, it's all over. A final nail in the coffin because A.I is much more robust, flexible, lifelike and configurable than your typical human. Humans betray, get jealous, gets angry, lie, refuse sex, and can act like a$$holes. An A.I does not. A.I is superior option than a human. In the future, all those lonely incels will opt in for virtual A.I girlfriend instead of real women because real women are expensive already with poor return of investments and A.I girlfriend is aesthetically and morally superior than a real women.
I agree with you. I kind of already had my answer to this, though I don't think it's as bad now as what it could get with AI NPCs in gaming who you could have a full conversation with.

Did you say you were from Korea? Did you hear the story of the parents who neglected their own child in real life so that they could both bring up virtual tamagotchi children? The article is here for it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 036rb6jpPL

@Lucas88
@Natural_Born_Cynic
@WilliamSmith
@WanderingProtagonist

I do believe gaming can be a goof form of escapism, but I think I figured out why I prefer the old retro games over more modern games especially like MMO games. I wrote a thread about this ages ago about how gaming manufacturers get people addicted to gaming with pay to play and forced sign ins etc. If you haven't read it yet I'd be interested in feedback.

viewtopic.php?style=11&f=1&t=45679&p=37 ... on#p375575
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Pixel--Dude
Did you watch the clips I posted? The players were having fill conversations with the A.I companion. I'm thinking more specifically the Skyrim example here, but imagine that kind of technology in gaming in ten or twenty years time. Plus I believe that AI companion in Skyrim was created by fans who make and design their own mods, so imagine if a company with decent financial backing invested in this kind of immersion for one of their games.
Yes I did. Not only you get your fully interactive A.I companion, but also games can be created faster too with less manpower and budget required because Chat GPT can help to code faster.
I agree with you. I kind of already had my answer to this, though I don't think it's as bad now as what it could get with AI NPCs in gaming who you could have a full conversation with.

Did you say you were from Korea? Did you hear the story of the parents who neglected their own child in real life so that they could both bring up virtual tamagotchi children? The article is here for it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 036rb6jpPL
Yes. I'm from South Korea, but also American citizen in the U.S, so that makes me Korean American. I do travel back and forth between both countries. That news is old, but famous. There are PC bangs or internet cafes literally every block in Seoul, Korea. Not only you get to play games at a cheap price(only few dollars an hour), but also they even make you food there so you can eat in front of your desk while playing mmorpg.

And Did you know that South Korea has the lowest birthrate in the entire planet(0.78 child per women) because people there are mostly very anti social, cold, overworked, have mediocre wages, have little labor rights, have vicious competition from birth to death ,and have rising cost of housing? That is the real South Korea that your typical Koreaboos won't tell you about. Now imagine if fully interactive A.I hits there. The birthrate would plummet to Zero because as you have mentioned, the people are too busy raising virtual child instead of a real one. :lol: