Watch the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Watch the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

Post by jamesbond »

Here is the youtube link for the great sci-fi movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." You can watch the whole movie, it comes in 11 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZygdnUbTA

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Jamesbond,
I just finished watching "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" yesterday. Somehow, it wasn't as scary as it was when I first saw it when I was 8 or 9. lol

Also, I didn't understand how everyone in the whole city got turned so quickly overnight without a fight. That was kind of odd. I guess it slowly happened in secret until there was no more resistance?

The ending was great though.

Did you know the original 1956 version of the movie is on youtube too?

Now I'm going to watch the original "The Omen". Here is part one if you want to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtE8pUiNRmM
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I liked the remake of Invasion of the body snatchers better than the original. Thank god for youtube! :D
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
November 20th, 2008, 1:57 pm
I liked the remake of Invasion of the body snatchers better than the original. Thank god for youtube! :D
There was also a 2008 version with Nicole Kidman called "The Invasion" but it sucked, and at the end, the humans won and the alien clones left Earth. However, that's not what happened in real life, as most people are soulless beings today, especially in the US and parts of Asia.

Btw here is the 1956 version of the movie, which is colorized. It's not as good as the 1978 version, but still worth watching. It has that creepiness to it where you know you are right, but everyone thinks you're insane. lol

Have any of you seen "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"? If so, then you will understand what I mean when I say it represents how I feel in West Coast America and Taiwan. Like how everyone around you seems so soulless, zombie-like, emotionless and inhuman, and you are the last or only living soul and normal human left. lol. It's a great metaphor and allegory for how it is to feel totally alienated and unable to connect or find any warm souls around you. So I refer to it to describe how I feel in countries or places I don't fit into at all, where everyone seems like a soulless inhuman alien clone. lol

Especially in Taiwan, where they cannot even find any charismatic people to be on TV and where people cannot even hold a decent conversation and where everything feels awkward, including being alive. Definitely the weirdest country in the world. I can't fathom how Rock could like it. lol. No soul, no authenticity, no one is down to earth except the elderly, no one wants to be your real friend, etc. It's the worst place for a living soul to be.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Watch the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

Post by Winston »

I have a whole thread about it and how it accurately depicts modern Americans and Taiwanese, the alien clones in it I mean. It's a must see to understand what I mean. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22736

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 10:08 pm
jamesbond wrote:
November 20th, 2008, 1:57 pm
There was also a 2008 version with Nicole Kidman called "The Invasion" but it sucked, and at the end, the humans won and the alien clones left Earth. However, that's not what happened in real life, as most people are soulless beings today, especially in the US and parts of Asia.

Btw here is the 1956 version of the movie, which is colorized. It's not as good as the 1978 version, but still worth watching. It has that creepiness to it where you know you are right, but everyone thinks you're insane. lol

I have never seen the original in color, it looks good colorized.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's also a 1993 version called "Body Snatchers".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106452/?ref_=nv_sr_3

A teenage girl and her father discover alien clones are replacing humans on a remote U.S. military base in Alabama.

Trailer

Short clips from the film

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -Sb1rf2zRT

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just saw the 1993 Body Snatchers film. Not bad. Very creepy and accurate about how it feels like in America when everyone is odd and soulless and seems to be part of a hive mind against you. Shows exactly how I feel.