Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - Trailer

Post by Winston »

Mark Hamill says movies today don't need to be good, all they need to do is make money. Wow that's pretty honest of him to say that.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Has anyone seen the new Star Wars movie yet? How come all the critics praised it but all the fans hated it? That's weird. See the fan reviews below.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... edi+review

One of the IMDB reviews is even titled "I wanted to cry after the first 90 minutes". Geez. Those are harsh words to use in a movie review. lol

Also, if they keep killing off the original characters of the original trilogy, then that's a stupid move because the Star Wars franchise won't be as appealing without them. The new characters cannot sell a good Star Wars movie by themselves without any of the legendary characters of the original trilogy. People aren't gonna be as excited to just see the new young characters alone, which are pretty random generic characters with no charisma.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I just saw it yesterday - Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi. It wasn't bad like so many reviewers claimed. The action was very non-stop and riveting and moved in many stages. Kind of like Empire Strikes back where there were three stages - Hoth Battle, Dagoba and Asteroids Chase, and Cloud City - except that there were many more stages here. That gave it a big variety of scenes and plot levels. In that sense it was exciting and fast moving. There were also some surprises and plot twists, especially at the end, which I never saw coming. lol. Also they tried new things this time, and didn't rehash the same things as before.

However, it was annoying at times, and some of the supporting characters were annoying and pointless and distracting. For example that black guy Finn, the former stormtrooper, and ugly Asian troll named Rose, had too many scenes which I felt were wasted. They are very subpar actors that belong in a cheap sitcom on cable, not a major blockbuster or legend like Star Wars. If they can get on Star Wars, then why can't I? They aren't very likable characters either, nor do they have any charisma or appeal. Yet around 20 or 30 minutes of the movie were wasted on them. Are we supposed to like them or care about them? I'm not sure why. They are way too bland, and that Asian troll was ugly and not even decent looking. She looked like a loser and nerd in college whom everyone ignores and has to act like a smart aleck to get attention. I wouldn't do her if someone paid me. Casting those two characters was a big mistakes in my opinion. They are a total waste of time.

* Spoiler here:

Also when the Empire captured them, I expected them to be immediately executed. There was no need to keep them around. Yet they took forever to execute them and at the last minute they decided to try to torture them instead, because Phantasma said they didn't deserve a quick last blast. Then just as they were about to torture them, the whole Imperial flagship was hit by a stupid female admiral from the resistance flagship going into warp speed to do a suicide crash. And all the stormtroopers in the hanger were killed except for Finn and Rose. Stupid. There too many split second luck timing events like this, which are overdone and too implausible. You can't get saved by luck every time at the last second like that.

Also, I don't get why they put those stupid pesky bird creatures in it. And why would Chewbacca put them in the Millenium Falcon? Are they supposed to be cute and funny? Are we supposed to go "awwwwwww how cute" when we see them? lol. If so I didn't react that way. How cheap do you think my tastes are? That I would see some weird CGI birds and react emotionally to them? lol. What do you think I am? Retarded? lol. They were totally pointless and distracting from each scene.

Putting in those dumb CGI birds is about as smart as when George Lucas put Jar Jar Binks in the prequels and assumed that most people would like him, and everyone is wondering, "What was George Lucas smoking?! NO ONE likes Jar Jar Binks! Everyone can see that."

Other than those annoying distractions and bad unattractive unappealing characters, it was a good movie overall in terms of plot, action, and twists.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Post by Winston »

What did you all think of "The Last Jedi"? lol. Did anyone like it? @zboy1?

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

None of the Star Wars movies since Disney took over have been particularly good or particularly bad. I will watch each of them once and promptly forget them, though I was a big Star Wars fan in the past. It's just not realistic to be one any more.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this hilarious 5 part rant about "The Last Jedi". It's friggin hilarious and melodramatic and makes a lot of sense too! Very enjoyable and will make you laugh. He goes over every scene and points out how ridiculous or wasteful it is, and how it defies basic logic. And how nearly half the movie was wasted on unnecessary scenes and backstories that could have instead focused on more important relevant things. He also makes a good point about how the movie totally disregards the character of Luke Skywalker as though the original trilogy never existed and we are in an alternate universe where the original trilogy never existed. lol

Here's the first part of his scene by scene hilarious rant that will keep you laughing and entertained at the lunacy of each scene. Get your popcorn ready. lol. The guy's voice who's ranting is hella funny too and makes a lot of logical sense. lol

Part 1 of 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lowZyUdzsnY

In the last part, part 5, he vehemently bashes Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson, the two responsible for "The Last Jedi", and totally atomizes them both. LOL. This is so friggin hilarious and is the best rant about them I've ever seen. lol. Totally exposes them for what they are in a very furious melodramatic fashion. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwiIwLRw_M

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Also, in case you thought the throne room fight scene was good...

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this 3 hr video someone made called Star Wars: The Last Straw. Its friggin hilarious. It dissects The Last Jedi movie and the sheer lunacy and idiocracy of it. All the characters do the dumbest things that defy basic logic and the scenes are so poorly written by a man named Rian Johnson who lacks basic education and doesnt seem to even understand the basics of storywriting or film directing. So odd. Lol.

A movie with this many flaws cannot be accidental. This video is hilarious and the rantings are funny and entertaining and so true too. You guys will love this if you have the time for it. Lol. Its very long at three hours but very entertaining and funny when you see how ludicrous and idiotic this star wars film actually is. It points out many flaws and mistakes that you probably didnt notice too. Lol

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ugp8F7KefE

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKT2LFtjI24

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

flowerthief00 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:13 pm
Also, in case you thought the throne room fight scene was good...

Lol that was hilarious. Rey kicked down three of snokes elite guards with just one kick? Lol. Wow. Even chuck norris or bruce lee couldn't do that. Wow Rey must be a level of perfection beyond anyone. Totally unprecedented. Lol. Shes so perfect and wonderful. Lol