What are your favorite scary movies?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

What are your favorite scary movies?

Post by jamesbond »

Since we are close to Halloween, I was wondering what your guys favorite scariest movie is? I guess I my favorites are Halloween (the original from 1978), The Exorcist (just look at my avatar :D ), Hell Night (which also starred Linda Blair), The Entity (came out in 1981) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (came out in 1984).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's hard to say because the movies that scared me as a kid don't scare me as an adult but in fact look cheesy and corny.

The scariest ones that kept me all night as a kid were:

- Poltergeist, the original one
- Encounter with the Unknown (1973)
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
- The vampire episode in the Buck Rogers TV series

But I would say the scariest, creepiest and most disturbing movies I've seen as an adult are:

- Mulholland Drive
- Shutter Island
- Mothman Prophecies
- Jacob's Ladder

Speaking of Halloween, would you guys like the Halloween forum theme back? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow you guys are in luck. The movie "Encounter with the Unknown", the scariest movie I ever saw as a kid, is up on YouTube now. It's narrated by Rod Serling and features three creepy stories that are alleged to be true stories. Check it out below. They don't make them like they used to.

The spooky witch in the first story kept me up for nights when I was a kid. The unique thing about this movie is that at the end, Rod Serling gives a long philosophical analysis of the three spooky stories, which I don't think has ever been done in a horror movie.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the trailer for "Encounter with the Unknown". It shows the eyes of the spooky witch in the first story that I mentioned, which kept me up for nights. It's narrated by Rod Serling, the creator of the Twilight Zone. You can see the full movie at the link above.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

That's a tough one as scary movies are never really that scary to me. In fact, some movies that are not meant to be all out horror films, like The Gift or The Others are far more scary than most actual horror films.

If I had to pick, The Excorcist would be high on my list, as would The Ring.

Ironically, the thing that kept me up at night was in Conan the Barbarian, the Schwarzenegger version of course, when those strange spirits came to take him after he was crucified.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Here are a few that disturbed/haunted me:

1) Event Horizon
2) The Ring
3) The Conjuring

The movies that get me are always the ones where evil spirits are involved...for whatever reason. "Slasher" films only make me angry...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another scary movie that gave me the jitters was:

Jacobs Ladder (1991)

It's about a guy who gets killed in the Vietnam War, but doesn't accept it, so his mind invents a reality where he returned from the war. But demons and guides keep appearing and he thinks he's going mad. It's very scary, creepy and disturbing.

Also, this one is very disturbing and will mindfuck you.

Mulholland Drive (2001)

It starts off looking like a thriller or mystery movie. Then it goes psycho and haywire and you are left wondering WTF for days afterward. The scenes in the second half of the movie are disturbing and sad too.

Btw, I just found a great classic horror film I saw when I was a kid on HBO and Showtime, but could not remember the name of. When I saw some Western movies, I recognized the actor Chuck Connors in them and remembered that he was the villain in that horror film. So I looked up his IMDB profile to get his credit list and finally found the name of it. It's called:

Tourist Trap (1979)

It's very original and well done. It's about a guy who can control mannequins with psychic powers and even turn people into them. One of the girls in it is really sexy.

You guys are in luck. The full film and trailer are on YouTube.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDpxEdIxxg4

Full movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMBq8Dd3iSA

Winston
Site Admin

Re: What is your favorite scary movie?

Post by Winston »

Any of you see any scary movies this Halloween? If so, what's your favorite one?