Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies too?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies too?

Post by Winston »

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

This is the BEST Western ever and set the precedent for the rest. Also contains a masterpiece score.

A Fistful of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

Winston, all 3 are great films, personally my favourite is "For a Few Dollars More". The Good the Bad and the Ugly, is a quality film but just a bit too long for my liking.
Robin Hood.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I agree with Robin Hood.

Saw a documentary n this, there were over 100 of these "Spaghetti Westerns" made by Italian directors and producers, often filmng in Spain. I guess most never got released in America, or only at drive-ins perhaps.

They had a self-aware artistic flair withe camera, framing each shot for the visual, rather than for realism and flow. With roots in the storyboard, rather than a novel.

But what REALLY rocked was the soundtrack. Sergio Leone. My brother burned me a download of these back in the day. I played it till I completely wore it out.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 22nd, 2016, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

High Noon with Gary Cooper is amazing.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a great Western called "The Outlaw Josey Wales" starring Clint Eastwood.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

I agree with Winston - this trilogy of films are the best - way better than any of the modern Westerns e.g. Wild Wild West (1999).
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
somedude
Freshman Poster

Post by somedude »

I like the Clint Eastwood westerns also. Some others that I really enjoyed had Tom Selleck in them: Monte Walsh, Shadow Riders, Crossfire Trail, and Quigley Down Under
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Here is a great Western called "The Outlaw Josey Wales" starring Clint Eastwood.

Excellent movie. Really well-crafted mainstream Hollywood movie, and OK for family viewing, unlike the Spaghettis.

Like this one, another that is about the guerrilla war in Missouri is the little-known epic "Ride With The Devil". Subtle performances by Toby Maguire and Jewel. Worth watching.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Sergio Leones 1969 film " Once Upon a Time in the West " is considered by many to be his masterpiece. It was a film where Henry Fonda played a bad guy and that was the first and last time.

I think they should do a remake starring Mr. Wu.
Last edited by Moretorque on September 23rd, 2013, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

The Long Riders (1980) is an underrated movie. The James-Younger gang, the James, Younger, Ford and Miller brothers are played by real life brothers: Keach, Carradine, Guest and Quaid brothers respectively.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

There was something I really liked about Wild Bill, with Jeff Bridges. The ending was stupid, but some of the scenes were cool.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Ghost wrote:I don't particularly care for Westerns, but I love the Magnificent Seven films.
Films, plural? Are you thinking of the Japanese and American versions? Because I think most of the seven got dispatched in the first movie, so no sequels. Greatest movie theme song ever, IMO.

Edit: I stand corrected. There was a sequel.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you liked Django Unchained, you will love this Western with a similar theme.

Joshua (1976)

Description:

A black soldier returns from fighting for the Union in the Civil War only to find out that his mother has been murdered by a gang of white thugs. He becomes a bounty hunter, determined to track down and kill the men who killed his mother.

Full film:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you like Dances with Wolves, you will like this Western classic called "Broken Arrow". It's about a kind peace-loving white guy (James Stewart) who tries to make a peace treaty between the Apache Indians in Arizona and the white folks. It glorifies kindness, ethics and good morals, unlike today's movies, and has a great story and message.