Awesome Kung Fu & Martial Arts Films worth checking out

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Awesome Kung Fu & Martial Arts Films worth checking out

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Check out these new awesome martial arts films I found. They are epics.

Ip Man 2 (2010)

Bruce Lee's teacher, Ip Man, fights a British Boxer in a showdown in Hong Kong. Great action, but a bit cliched. A Rocky type story.

Trailer

Full movie Part 1

Young Bruce Lee, aka "Bruce Lee, My Brother" (2011)

A new film about Bruce Lee's childhood and youth growing up in Hong Kong. The actor who plays Bruce Lee is superb.

Trailer

This next one looks spectacular.

Shaolin (2011)

China's last imperial Dynasty has fallen and a ruthless warlord (Andy Lau, House of the Flying Daggers) amasses a vast fortune through the violent subjugation of his people. Faced with a brutal betrayal, he runs for his life, seeking redemption in the fabled Shaolin Temple. When his enemies discover his location, he must stand with his new brothers and fight his life's greatest battle...

With breathtaking action from the martial arts director of The Transporter 1&2 and an all-star cast of Kung Fu superstars, Shaolin sets a new benchmark for Asian Action Cinema!

Trailer

The Sorcerer and The White Snake (2011)

Director:Siu-Tung Ching
Stars:Jet Li, Vivian Hsu and Shengyi Huang
White Snake (Eva Huang), while in the guise of a beautiful woman, falls in love with a young herbalist named Xu Xian (Raymond Lam). Using the help of the Green Snake (Charlene Choi) is a risk to life is sent to the human world and married to Xu Xian. However, ironically, it goes way Fa Hai (Jet Li), a magician from the temple Zing Shan. A furious battle is about to begin ...

Trailer

You can download the films above at Piratebay.org or Bitlordsearch.com. Btw, the new film about Bruce Lee is under the title "Bruce Lee My Brother" in the torrents.
Last edited by Winston on February 2nd, 2013, 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

Ip Man 1 is epic. Ip Man 2 slightly less but still good. I also really liked Kung Fu Hustle.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this new Chinese movie called "The Assassins" with Chow Yun Fat. It has English subtitles and feminine cute looking Chinese girls. It's supposed to be really good.

Description in Chinese:

《铜雀台》中周润发领衔众实力群星联袂演绎,在尊重史实的基础上,每个人物都有新颖而独特的性格解读,而这些人均用不同手段欲图达到同一个目的:杀死曹操。片中情节因此展­开,多方势力争相"杀曹",展现出三国乱世汉室朝野"情、色、权、谋"之争,利刃见血,杀机四起、暗战重重。因而每位明星也都身肩不同重任,有人融情,有人使色,有人弄权­,有人设谋,皆为一个"杀"字,目标都是曹操。...

Next, check out this older film from 1995 called "Lover of the Last Empress" about the female empress who ruled China before "The Last Emperor" did. She rose to power by first becoming the Emperor's favorite concubine, and then succeeding him after he died. It contains some passionate sex scenes. I wonder if Chinese women make love like that in real life. lol. Do they open their mouths and close their eyes in passion and wrap their arms around you? All the Chinese women I've met have been much colder than that.

Lover of the Last Empress

Here is the full director's cut of the masterpiece film "The Last Emperor" made in 1987, about the life of the last emperor of China. Peter O'Toole (from Lawrence of Arabia) stars as the emperor's tutor. This is an extended director's cut that is nearly 4 hours long. The musical score is a masterpiece too.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this 80's flick "American Shaolin". The plot is similar to The Karate Kid where a white guy studies martial arts to win a tournament. It's very stereotypical, cliched, and predictable, and shows him walking on The Great Wall of China. lol. The American kid looks a lot like Eurobrat. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zdzUupoGJc

Another cheesy 80's flick.

The Last Ninja (1983)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKfrkBe7MtE

Another cheesy martial arts film series, the kind that is so bad that it's good. lol

American Ninja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7AgaIgUY2k

American Ninja 2: The Confrontation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Auz3vy2bak

American Ninja 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRZEC_JhKK0

American Ninja 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldNvpfqWyM

Enjoy. lol

chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Ip man 1 and 2 are awesome! Donnie Yen is great.

Here are some more great martial arts movies:

And of course the classics :

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Awesome Kung Fu/Martial Arts Films worth checking out

Post by Winston »

If there are any kung fu fans here, you might like to know that a new Ip Man movie is out, starring Donnie Yen again. This time there is Bruce Lee in it. It's called Ip Man 4: The Finale. This time he fights some American military guy. See the trailers below. They look pretty rad.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076298/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Trailers

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Awesome Kung Fu and Martial Arts Films worth checking out

Post by Winston »

Check out this hilarious Kung Fu parody from 1982. The trailer looks hilarious. Everyone says it's hella funny and a blast. lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084786/

Synopsis
A Korean man's resemblance to the legendary martial arts star Bruce Lee proves to be a mixed blessing when he stumbles onto the activities of the Mob.

Plot
A goofy Korean finds his life hopelessly complicated with people continually confusing him with Bruce Lee.

Trailer

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/they-call-me-bruce-1982

Funniest line in the movie:

Reviewed by sean7 10 / 10
Brilliant martial arts spoof

The jokes are stupid and Johnny Yune's acting is atrocious, but this is one of the funniest comedies ever made.

Best line - "I'm a sex object, when I ask women for sex, they object"

Trust me on this one.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Awesome Kung Fu and Martial Arts Films worth checking out

Post by Winston »

This looks rad. Especially for black guys. lol. It has a black martial arts hero, gangs, and supernatural demons. What more could you ask for? lol

Devil's Express (1976)

A black martial arts master takes a student to China for some sort of competition...student finds an ancient amulet in a cave and brings it back to New York City, unaware that a bloodthirsty demon, rightful owner of the artifact, has followed and wants the item back. Demon takes refuge in the subway system, wreaking havoc and causing confusion for homicide investigators. Only said Karate master can save the day in a hand-to-hand face-off with the evil horror.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Awesome Kung Fu & Martial Arts Films worth checking out

Post by Winston »

Lol. Check out this CGI fight between Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan. How did they do this? With some program?

Chuck Norris vs Steven Seagal.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out Chuck Norris training with Jean Claude Van Damme in 1984 on German TV. He looked fast and strong. Why didn't they show them sparring or fighting unscripted? Why do they never show Chuck Norris fighting anyone unscripted and unrehearsed?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this end fight scene between Chuck Norris and Don Wong in the 1974 film "Slaughter in San Francisco". Chuck Norris plays the bad guy. I thought Bruce Lee was the only man that Chuck Norris ever lost to. But he apparently he lost to this Chinese guy too. I heard that Bruce Lee was supposed to play Don Wong in this film but he died the year before. That sucks, it would have been great to see another fight between them.