Great Horror Movie Classics on YouTube!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Horror Movie Classics on YouTube!

Post by Winston »

Some more spooky mystery noir films from the 30s and 40s. Wow I didn't know they made such good films back then! Don't you love these @jamesbond?

Mystery noir movie in spooky dark house. lol

Don't you love these old spooky stormy night films? lol

"The Black Raven is a 1943 American film directed by Sam Newfield, produced and released by Producers Distributing Corporation. The movie is about Amos Bradford who is the criminal owner of the Black Raven Inn. During a bad storm a nearby bridge is washed out and a couple of strange characters have to stay overnight at the Black Raven. The result is murder and mystery ..."

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
March 17th, 2022, 2:21 pm
Some great spooky looking ghost story and murder mystery noir films from the 30s and 40s. They look pretty good. The dialogue is easy to follow and more interesting than today's films. The characters seem so alive, unlike today. The women in these films look so wholesome too. Wow.

Shock (1946) by Vincent Price

He never dreamed what it would all lead to...and she didn't care !
A psychologically distraught woman is committed to a private sanitarium by the man she witnessed commit a murder.

I really like this movie. Vincent Price does a great job as the main character who accidentally kills his wife and tries to cover it up. The woman who is having an affair with him also does a really good job playing her role in this movie.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Check out this great ghost movie from 1974 England, about a group of friends meeting at an old dark mansion for a reunion, but things are not quite as they seem. It looks like a good one. Full movie below.

Ghost Story (1974)

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out John Carpenter's "In the Mouth of Madness" starring Sam Neil. Full movie below.

"A thinking person's horror picture that dares to be as cerebral as it is visceral." – Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times

Sutter Cane (Jürgen Prochnow, Dune, The Seventh Sign) is the best-selling author whose newest novel is literally driving readers insane. When he inexplicably vanishes, his publisher (Charlton Heston, Soylent Green, Planet Of The Apes) sends special investigator John Trent (Sam Neill, Daybreakers, Dead Calm) to track him down. Drawn to a town that exists only in Cane's books, Trent crosses the barrier between fact and fiction and enters a terrifying world from which there is no escape.

Inspired by the tales of H.P. Lovecraft, this shocking story is, in the words of its acclaimed director, "horror beyond description!"

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great Boris Karloff horror movie from 1932 called "The Old Dark House" about 5 travelers seeking shelter in an old dark mansion and get more than they bargained for. lol. The woman in it looks very hot, wholesome, and feminine. Wow. See trailer below. Isn't she gorgeous @jamesbond?

Full movie, restored version, below:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
January 27th, 2022, 3:05 am
Wow this one looks really good, spooky, dark, and eerie. It has a great sense of dread and is very atmospheric. They don't make them like this anymore.

Messiah of Evil (1973)

"Terror you won't want to remember - In a film you won't be able to forget.
A young woman goes searching for her missing artist father. Her journey takes her to a strange Californian seaside town governed by a mysterious undead cult."

Some great comments about this movie.

Hal Meeks
6 months ago
This is a surprisingly good movie. It's well shot with creative use of camera. Acting is solid - there is an odd ambiguity between the main characters that the actors play out well. The whole movie has a dream-like surreal atmosphere. The supermarket scene is very well done - some great editing and pacing here. This is a movie that implies horror as much as illustrating it.

baronhausenpheffer
1 year ago
Outstanding horror film. It has its rough parts (I especially thought the ending felt weird/rushed), but overall it's a master class in how to create fear and suspense through sheer dread. The directors seemed to have a good understanding that not showing everything and letting the viewer's imagination fill in the blanks is often the way to go. The movie is low on pictured gore, but the implied violence is intense; it has no nudity yet manages to feel very sensual at times. And something as banal as allowing a movie theater to fill up over two minutes can be more effectively frightening than a dozen rubber demons attempting jump scares.

MattHatter
1 year ago
This is hands down, the best zombie flick I've ever seen. Zombie movies have NEVER scared me, but this one is truly atmospheric and creepy. Especially that scene with them in the movie theater!

Konstantinos Karagiannis
1 year ago
One of the best 70's horror movies! It's very atmospheric and scary!

EricaYE6
1 year ago
One of the best ones I've seen on my horror film binge. The stunts were impressive, the movie theater scene was scary and well performed. And the art in this film was really cool and unique! Not my personal taste, but it was still pretty cool stuff.
I just saw this. It was really good. Very atmospheric, dark, and foreboding. If any of you like good horror films, this is a must see. You will like it @jamesbond. Have you seen it yet?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Movie about a true story of demonic possession starring Timothy Dalton called Possessed (2000). Full movie below.

Possessed (2000)
Inspired by the true account of a 1949 Catholic Church exorcism performed in America. "Possessed", tells the story that was suppressed for nearly half a century.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
January 13th, 2022, 9:08 am
Another Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee film for you Jamesbond. About a creature that comes back to life.

The Creeping Flesh (1973)

I saw this movie a few times, it's pretty good. I really like Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
January 27th, 2022, 3:05 am
Wow this one looks really good, spooky, dark, and eerie. It has a great sense of dread and is very atmospheric. They don't make them like this anymore.

Messiah of Evil (1973)

"Terror you won't want to remember - In a film you won't be able to forget.
A young woman goes searching for her missing artist father. Her journey takes her to a strange Californian seaside town governed by a mysterious undead cult."

I have never seen this movie, it looks good, I will check it out! 8)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond check out this 1972 cheesy campy horror movie "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things" if you have nothing better to do. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond
Check out this funny review of the classic black comedy horror movie "Tales from the Crypt" from 1972. It'll make you wanna watch it again. It stars the beautiful Joan Collins and Peter Cushing and is a horror anthology of short stories with poetic justice and black comedy.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great horror film from 1980 called "The Boogey Man". Full movie below. Has great 80s synthesizer soundtrack too.

Synopsis:
A young girl witnesses her brother murder a man through a reflection in a mirror. Twenty years later the mirror is shattered, freeing his evil spirit, which seeks revenge for his death.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great 1970 horror film called "Equinox" about four friends attacked by demons. Looks spooky. Full film below.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

House of the Long Shadows (1983)

You will love this one @jamesbond. It stars Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, and Vince Price, an all star cast.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great horror B movie.

Mirror Mirror (1990)

A teenage girl begins receiving black magic power through an antique mirror that drips blood, not realizing the mirror is controlled by demonic forces.

Trailer

Full movie