Wolf of Wall Street

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Wolf of Wall Street

Post by xiongmao »

OK I'm only halfway through this movie but a couple of minutes in and I could see that it is a classic in the making.

I guess it's the movie that Wall Street 2 should/could have been.

There are some interesting HA related themes in there. Like DiCaprio's alpha male Roosh type becoming successful and changing his beta wife for an alpha wife :roll:. But still he isn't satisfied.

Alpha wife has similarities to alpha Myanmar lady I dated for a bit in Thailand. I'd be much better off with beta ladies, but I'm just too darned ambitious.

Anyway, if you have a spare 3 hours of your life then it's well worth a watch :shock:.

I hope Winston's watching it in his Vegas mansion on a 54" plasma screen and Vegas h :oops: :oops: kers feeding him popcorn.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

buddy77
Freshman Poster

I just watched it a few

Post by buddy77 »

Days ago. it's the craziest movie I've ever seen. It has all the vices a man would ever want. I think every man has some or a combination of these fantasies: drugs, booze, money, sex, and women in absolute excess!

I know that the movie was based on the memoirs of Jordan Belfort, but I have to wonder how much of it is true and how much of it is embellished. Especially since Mr. Belfort was a drug addict.

However, a good portion of the movie focuses on the wild party lifestyle. I got lots of laughs out of it and kept wondering what other crazy antics they were going to engage in. It made the movie called, Animal House look pacified in comparison. Wolf of Wall Street is Animal House times x10!

It was obscene, crude,perverted and crazy. I'm still surprised that it passed with an R rating. I'm still surprised that a got nominated for several Academy Awards (though it won none). I'm still surprised that the feminists didn't try to ban this movie. Maybe the feminists enjoyed it as well?!

DiCaprio at his best and (and his craziest) a really enjoyable movie.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yes it's a great movie - has anyone read the book?

It was a bit far fetched in places, but I know from lawsuits in this country that the strippers parts are true!

The city stockbrokers I see when I venture up to the city seem to be more into drinking pints than hellraising though.

Still - it's a good man's movie, and Leo is living proof that men get better with age.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.