King Tut's DNA Is Western European

Discuss science and technology topics here.
wuxi
Freshman Poster

King Tut's DNA Is Western European

Post by wuxi »

The ruling class of many civilizations and countries is often by people of a minority ethnic group.

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/06/king-tut ... -european/
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Considering that Western Europe is 250 miles from the mouth of the Nile Delta, this is not a surprise.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Ptolemaic dynasty (i.e. Cleopatra) of Egypt was Greek. Wouldn't surprise me if Egypt had European influences prior to that.

If you look at China's ancient history, the Xianbi tribe was not considered Han Chinese, but held vast influence over China for about 400 years. During the 16 Kingdoms period, 6 out of 16 Kingdoms were Xianbi, and the Emperors of Sui and Tang were also related to the Xinabi Dugu clan by blood.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

There is definitely a small portion of Han (and living in China this Han ethnic group is an academic mistake - there is a huge variance in appearance within the Han) that are flat out Caucasian. I have one or two students with freckles and European features. This is different in appearance that the Shanghaiese who clearly have a French mother, Chinese father, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

globetrotter wrote:There is definitely a small portion of Han (and living in China this Han ethnic group is an academic mistake - there is a huge variance in appearance within the Han) that are flat out Caucasian. I have one or two students with freckles and European features. This is different in appearance that the Shanghaiese who clearly have a French mother, Chinese father, etc.

Foreign (mercentary?) soldier, Later Han, China, 3rd century.