A world ruled by the Scientific Method? Zeitgeist

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Winston
Site Admin

A world ruled by the Scientific Method? Zeitgeist

Post by Winston »

Check out this clip from the film "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward", which is the third in the Zeitgeist series. It explains how and why the Scientific Method should run things in the world and manage resources. It's very interesting and contains a lot of good ideas.

Even though technically it sounds like a good idea, something just doesn't feel right with the notion of computers ruling the world. I wonder if Zeitgeist is a front for transhumanism, as some think it is. If so, it would be odd, since Peter Joseph sounds too bright and honest to be part of any conspiracy.

The movement seems to be moving away from conspiracies though, and is now very technical oriented, which they claim is being more "solution-oriented". I don't know. This film does contain a lot of truths, but something about it gives me mixed feelings.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Science may have "no ego," as the narrator claims, but individual scientists surely do. And they have careers, which they will strive to protect at all costs. Scientific theories my be falsifiable (which leaves out evolution, under this definition), but the individual theorists will fight to the last drop of blood for the ones to which their careers have been attached. The hubris of science has been a common and appropriately cautionary theme in thought and literature for over 200 years. But we always have to reinvent the wheel, especially in the U.S.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

winston zeitgeist is full of disinfo. jordan maxwell and such are all shills. maxwell being a jesuit. jesus was a sun god? gimme a break, you might convince the teenage crowd.. which is who zeitgeist was for. the films are epic brainwash though, with the way music is used. but it remains new age shit. while venus project is funded by the powers that be. so it's more problem-reaction-solution.

jacque fresco and roxanne meadows are luciferian dogma spouting tools. they have ties with the un and lucis trust. you should always research the origins of a movement. something the stupid hippies and many others never did. also, don't forget to use your intuition. do they look like good people? a christian is one thing. but have you ever met a nice lucifer worshipper? plus, look at the name. might as well be called pentagram project. and use a red star as the logo, which make sense since it's basically global communism. ya, that's how you defeat the new world order! i really really can't stand zeitgeist zombies.

we will never be free until people learn how to be individuals again. uniting as people against the psychopaths who divide and conquer, is not the same thing as the collective mind.

sorry if i'm not convincing enough, i just dont have the strength to bother with zeitgeist. its such an obvious fraud, like assange & wikileaks. you're probably better off not watching any of the crap they put out.. but if you do make sure you stay skeptical.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

More anti-intellectualism:

These two statements are not the same:
-A world ruled by the Scientific Method?
-Even though technically it sounds like a good idea, something just doesn't feel right with the notion of computers ruling the world.

One has nothing to do with the other, the second does not logically follow the first.

This has to do with reason, logic, and sound debate.

If you become insane and then state:

'Well everything is a Conspiracy, therefore nothing is real or can be trusted...' then you end up dismissing the Scientific Method as Winston has.

The SM is a process whereby the best, most logical, most reasonable conclusion is arrived at by sound practices.

It is how the monitor you are looking at was designed, as how so much of the physical world that you see was made.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Globetrotter, you're nitpicking pointless things again. I can find inconsistencies in your ass if I wanted to, but should I? lol

Dude, just watch the clip I posted and comment on the IDEAS and STRATEGIES presented in them. Otherwise, you are sidetracking from the issues.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne