Zapping the Brain Makes People Obey Social Norms

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is scary. I wonder why the magazine is touting this as a good thing? Wtf?!

http://www.livescience.com/40163-zappin ... norms.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I saw a covertly filmed video related to this.

I wasn't sure if the video was real, but it looked real. Setting was inside a Pentagon conference room. I have been in such,a nd the setting looked real to me.

What transpired was that a contractor marketing guy was doing a powerpoint-type presentation to a couple of people in an auditorium.

One person was a general or something.

The request was to fund continued research into what portion of the brain is more developed in religious fanatics.

The general asked what good this would do, was he supposed to carry a brain-scanner around in the field to identify potential threats in the form of religious fanatics.

The contractor replied that there was a real possibility of developing bio/chemical agents that would neutralize that area of the brain.

The general gruffly gave his verbal blessing to continue the research, and left.

It seems like WInston has discoverd a non-classified, "open" publication of parallel civilian research into the same area.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Adam Curtis has done a documentary -- The Trap, maybe -- on how the military has been up to these psy-ops projects since WWII. Scary stuff.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Jester wrote:I saw a covertly filmed video related to this.

I wasn't sure if the video was real, but it looked real. Setting was inside a Pentagon conference room. I have been in such,a nd the setting looked real to me.

What transpired was that a contractor marketing guy was doing a powerpoint-type presentation to a couple of people in an auditorium.

The request was to fund continued research into what portion of the brain is more developed in religious fanatics.

The general asked what good this would do, was he supposed to carry a brain-scanner around in the field to identify potential threats in the form of religious fanatics.

The contractor replied that there was a real possibility of developing bio/chemical agents that would neutralize that area of the brain.

The general gruffly gave his verbal blessing to continue the research, and left.

It seems like WInston has discoverd a non-classified, "open" publication of parallel civilian research into the same area.
I saw a very similar video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fIurfrcxAc
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

rudder wrote:
Jester wrote:
I saw a covertly filmed video related to this.

I saw a very similar video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fIurfrcxAc
Thanks!

That's the one!