Should I get my mercury dental amalgam fillings removed?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Amalgam fillings are over 50% mercury which is released every time you eat something and deposited in every organ in your body but mostly your brain and kidneys. Its the main reason people from North America are the sickest in the world. Mercury poisoning causes every disease and medical condition you can think of, mental and physical. There's a good reason Doctors never run out of patients.

Amalgam fillings have been banned in Europe for 20 years and the Philippines for about 10 years. Amalgams are transported to the dentists office as hazardous waste and disposed of as hazardous waste. Its illegal to put them in a landfill but its legal to put them in your mouth. Why the f**k would anyone put the most toxic substance on earth, 2 inches from your brain and then try to convince you its for your own good?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Yes Winston you want to get rid of them. You've always wanted to experience Bangkok have you not? Why not kill two birds with one stone? I had veneers put on my two front teeth (complicated procedure) and these guys are pros! They did a magnificant job at a fraction of the cost here in Seattle.

Can't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.asavanant.com/

Stay for a week, get your teeth done and enjoy all that BKK has to offer! Taipei to BKK is only 3 hours and 40 minutes away....woo hoo!

P.S. they are very good about getting back to you via email. Tell them how many filings need to be done and they'll give you a rate quote.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I think I got my mercury fillings when I was 9 or 10 but I don't remember for sure. Since mercury is highly toxic, could it be responsible for these weird changes to my body? What do you think?
If I got them removed and did some kind of detox, would that help my mind and health? Would I stop feeling tired and sluggish all the time?
A small percentage of the population is subject to real mercury hypersensitivity from dental amalgams. I'd suggest getting the MELISA test (Memory Lymphocyte Immuno Stimulation Assay) to verfiy before jumping the gun. Dental amalgams use a number of heavy metals, so it's possible to be allergic to any one of them. There are all kinds of allergies, my god-daugher is allergic to dog hair that caused serious asthma problems. There are people who are allergic to bee stings that can cause deadly anaphylactic reactions.

While mercury hypersensitivity is real, I'm inclined to think that the majority of the mercury poisoning claims are complete bunk. For example, claims that after the dental amalgams were removed, serious health issues were "cured" overnight.

The process of removing the dental amalgams will increase the mercury levels temporarily. So if the person is actually suffering from mercury hypersensitivity, the idea of an overnight cure is about as real as UFO abductions involving intrusive but erotic body probes.

If you wish to improve your mind and health, sign up with your local gym and go swimming every day. Daily exercise does wonders to improve and maintain your health.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: I think I got my mercury fillings when I was 9 or 10 but I don't remember for sure. Since mercury is highly toxic, could it be responsible for these weird changes to my body? What do you think?
If I got them removed and did some kind of detox, would that help my mind and health? Would I stop feeling tired and sluggish all the time?
A small percentage of the population is subject to real mercury hypersensitivity from dental amalgams. I'd suggest getting the MELISA test (Memory Lymphocyte Immuno Stimulation Assay) to verfiy before jumping the gun. Dental amalgams use a number of heavy metals, so it's possible to be allergic to any one of them. There are all kinds of allergies, my god-daugher is allergic to dog hair that caused serious asthma problems. There are people who are allergic to bee stings that can cause deadly anaphylactic reactions.

While mercury hypersensitivity is real, I'm inclined to think that the majority of the mercury poisoning claims are complete bunk. For example, claims that after the dental amalgams were removed, serious health issues were "cured" overnight.

The process of removing the dental amalgams will increase the mercury levels temporarily. So if the person is actually suffering from mercury hypersensitivity, the idea of an overnight cure is about as real as UFO abductions involving intrusive but erotic body probes.

If you wish to improve your mind and health, sign up with your local gym and go swimming every day. Daily exercise does wonders to improve and maintain your health.
I disagree. The entire dental industries ass is on the line. Of course, there going to try and trivialize the hazards of amalgams when dentists have one of the highest incomes of any profession. Everyone in my family has amalgams and everyone in my family is on medication for a serious heath problem. I always wondered why people from industrialized countries wear glasses at 5 times the rate of poor countries, now I know.

Symptoms Of Chronic Mercury Poisoning
http://www.mercurypoisoned.com/symptoms.html
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

momopi wrote:
A small percentage of the population is subject to real mercury hypersensitivity from dental amalgams.
Wrong! Mercury is poisonous, its normal for anyone to be hypersensitive to it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pete98146 wrote:Yes Winston you want to get rid of them. You've always wanted to experience Bangkok have you not? Why not kill two birds with one stone? I had veneers put on my two front teeth (complicated procedure) and these guys are pros! They did a magnificant job at a fraction of the cost here in Seattle.

Stay for a week, get your teeth done and enjoy all that BKK has to offer! Taipei to BKK is only 3 hours and 40 minutes away....woo hoo!

P.S. they are very good about getting back to you via email. Tell them how many filings need to be done and they'll give you a rate quote.
Ok well why would I want to do it in Bangkok? I can just do it in Taiwan. I'd rather have something sensitive like this done in a country I know, rather than in another country where I'm a foreigner and don't even speak the language. Come on now. Would you? It's all about the "comfort zone". It's not that expensive to have to go overseas to do it. It's not like I'm in America with no insurance.

Bangkok may be great for fun. I would go there for that. But not a dental procedure. Come on now.

That site does look nice and professional though.

Momopi,
Well neither you and I really know. All we can do is decide which expert to take on faith. What if the mercury naysayers are right? I have nothing to lose by having them replaced with white enamel right?

Even if I'm not allergic to mercury, still, who knows what the long term affects are of having a toxic substance like that in your mouth. Maybe I wouldn't have the health problems I have today? Who knows.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:
pete98146 wrote:Yes Winston you want to get rid of them. You've always wanted to experience Bangkok have you not? Why not kill two birds with one stone? I had veneers put on my two front teeth (complicated procedure) and these guys are pros! They did a magnificant job at a fraction of the cost here in Seattle.

Ok well why would I want to do it in Bangkok? I can just do it in Taiwan. I'd rather have something sensitive like this done in a country I know, rather than in another country where I'm a foreigner and don't even speak the language. Come on now. Would you? It's all about the "comfort zone". It's not that expensive to have to go overseas to do it. It's not like I'm in America with no insurance.

Bangkok may be great for fun. I would go there for that. But not a dental procedure. Come on now.

Momopi,
Well neither you and I really know. All we can do is decide which expert to take on faith. What if the mercury naysayers are right? I have nothing to lose by having them replaced with white enamel right?

Even if I'm not allergic to mercury, still, who knows what the long term affects are of having a toxic substance like that in your mouth. Maybe I wouldn't have the health problems I have today? Who knows.
I had my amalgams removed at Green Apple Dental In Cebu City a few weeks ago, it was 2000 pesos($50) a tooth. You need to ask for a rubber dam and oxygen, its very important. The best dentist for amalgam removel in the Philippines is Dr. Nelson Gaba, Muntinlupa City, he has a website. Send him a panoramic x-ray of your teeth by email and he will give you a price estimate. Its about 2500 pesos per tooth.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Taco wrote: I had my amalgams removed at Green Apple Dental In Cebu City a few weeks ago, it was 2000 pesos($50) a tooth. You need to ask for a rubber dam and oxygen, its very important. The best dentist for amalgam removel in the Philippines is Dr. Nelson Gaba, Muntinlupa City, he has a website. Send him a panoramic x-ray of your teeth by email and he will give you a price estimate. Its about 2500 pesos per tooth.
Hell no. I'd never trust a Filipino dentist over a Taiwanese dentist. Taiwanese health care is higher quality overall. In fact, everything in Taiwan is higher quality overall compared to the Philippines. Plus, the Philippines is notorious for overcharging on stuff.

When I get blood drawn in Taiwan, the nurse does it quickly and efficiently. But when I got blood drawn at a lab clinic in the Philippines, the nurse took almost 10 minutes and poked the needle in the wrong spot a few times! She had to pull it out. My goodness. That's really incompetent. I wouldn't trust Filipino health care if I didn't have to.

Even if you are in Asia, it's better to fly to Taiwan or Hong Kong to have important health operations done. That's if it's something important. But if it's trivial stuff, you can do it in the Philippines.

The reason why Philippines is messed up is because: Prices are high and salaries are low. That's a sure way to wreck an economy.

In Taiwan, though: Salaries are higher and prices are lower.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:
Taco wrote: I had my amalgams removed at Green Apple Dental In Cebu City a few weeks ago, it was 2000 pesos($50) a tooth. You need to ask for a rubber dam and oxygen, its very important. The best dentist for amalgam removel in the Philippines is Dr. Nelson Gaba, Muntinlupa City, he has a website. Send him a panoramic x-ray of your teeth by email and he will give you a price estimate. Its about 2500 pesos per tooth.
Hell no. I'd never trust a Filipino dentist over a Taiwanese dentist.
I agree with you. However, I'm not sure whats worse. The Filipino dentist thats incompetitent and overcharges you or the western dentist that puts millions of amalgam fillings in peoples teeth every year but does a good job.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:

Momopi,

Here's why Winston....Many people around the world go to BKK because of their cutting edge medical and dental technology. Let me tell you about my veneers. Typically this is a 3 visit procedure here in the US. At this clinic, Asavant Dental Clinic had the worlds most advanced CAD/CAM program that maps out your teeth and the digital image is sent to a Cerex2 machine that actually mills the veneers in about half an hour. This machine alone is worth $100k. It's so expensive most US dentists can't afford them. So instead of spending 3 days in the dental chair I was in and out within 3 hours.

This dentist sent his entire staff to Switzerland to get training on the Cerex2 machine. The quality of the work performed was unparalled.

They did a amazing job on my veneers. The cost? $200 per veneer so $400 total. My regular dentist in Seattle was amazed at the workmanship and the price. He would have charged me $6000 to do the same procedure. This clinic is one of the top ones in Asia and they do non-stop work for expats. Thousands of people all around the world go to the big hospital in BKK for anything to plastic surgery to heart surgery. So their reputation is stellar. Premium work for far fewer dollars is the allure.

That's why you would want to go to this clinic Winston. Don't know how much the same procedure would cost in Taiwan but for me it more than paid for my trip. I had my veneers done 8 years ago and they still perfect.
Last edited by pete98146 on July 19th, 2012, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:
Hell no. I'd never trust a Filipino dentist over a Taiwanese dentist. Taiwanese health care is higher quality overall. In fact, everything in Taiwan is higher quality overall compared to the Philippines. Plus, the Philippines is notorious for overcharging on stuff.

When I get blood drawn in Taiwan, the nurse does it quickly and efficiently. But when I got blood drawn at a lab clinic in the Philippines, the nurse took almost 10 minutes and poked the needle in the wrong spot a few times! She had to pull it out. My goodness. That's really incompetent. I wouldn't trust Filipino health care if I didn't have to.

Even if you are in Asia, it's better to fly to Taiwan or Hong Kong to have important health operations done. That's if it's something important. But if it's trivial stuff, you can do it in the Philippines.

The reason why Philippines is messed up is because: Prices are high and salaries are low. That's a sure way to wreck an economy.

In Taiwan, though: Salaries are higher and prices are lower.
Agreed! I spent good money to get my wife a dental implant. This is where they remove the dead tooth and surgically impant a titanium rod in your jaw. They then screw in a new manufactured tooth. The workmanship was shoody!

I'll trust my Thai dentist any day of the year. Pass on the filipino dentists. The difference in quality is night and day.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Taco wrote: Wrong! Mercury is poisonous, its normal for anyone to be hypersensitive to it.
Toxicity and allergy (hypersensitivity) are 2 different things. A person can suffer from lead poisoning and not be allergic to lead. Peanuts are not toxic, but can kill someone with peanut allergy.

Winston wrote: Momopi,
See if the dentists in TW offer Mellisa tests for heavy metal allergy.

If you don't feel comfortable with the fillings in your mouth, you can have it replaced with composite resin fillings (white stuff) or gold fillings.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mercury Fillings Shattered! FDA, ADA Conspiracy to Poison Children with Toxic Mercury Fillings Exposed in Groundbreaking Lawsuit

http://www.naturalnews.com/023367.html

FDA admits that mercury fillings are dangerous to your health!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ction.html

Check out this inspiring testimonial from someone who had their mercury fillings removed:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54794

"2 weeks ago, I had my mercury fillings removed... 4 in total, and they've been there for 7 years.

I knew I wasn't going mental, I was young when I got them in (aged 13), and have suffered conditions in which no one believed I had them.

I used to be very active until I got them, and you could count it as being a lazy teenager, but I would sleep 10 hours straight and have zero energy. I'd constantly, daily, feel sick, and everything lost its taste. I felt depressed now and again, and just didn't feel like my old self.

After doing a bit of research online and finding no answers and being to the doctors only to be told it was "stress", I finally drew a parallel between having a poisonous substance in my mouth and the conditions I had.

Despite governments and officials chiming in that they are perfectly safe, one begins to wonder just how STUPID they must think we actually are.

Logic alone tells me, if you take what is considered the most poisonous substance on the planet, and place it in someones mouth, where 24/7 it mixes with saliva, or creates a current change in energy... how on EARTH could that be safe or good for you in any way? Unbelievable.

How DARE they badger on about how safe mercury is in your mouth, when they have to remove it in protective gear and get it away safely as it's completely hazardous and toxic. It is disgustingly unbelievable that they've allowed that substance to be placed in peoples mouths for so many years.

Well back to the point in this post. I had two removed in my first appointment, and I swear to you this wasn't a placebo effect or anything. Almost the second they popped it out, my head and thinking became very clear... I usually go about feeling like a space-cadet, and all of a sudden this old feeling of clarity came back. After getting out of the dentists I felt great and tons of energy.

Now you could say, well... that's you EXPECTING that to happen because you read up on it that it would. So? With the mercury out I had immediate relief.

Final appointment, got them yanked out.. couple of days later, felt ill, felt like a detox kind of ill though. Very sore head (rarely get headaches) and general fatigue.

It's now been 2 weeks and I'm slowly progressing to how I used to feel back then. I used to be energetic and have a clear head, and I feel as if I'm getting back to that.

This post is just another to add to the long list of people who have had some sort of change by having that atrocious poison removed. I would encourage anyone at this point, who has the money, to consider having them replaced with the porcelain. God knows if I'd have known then I wouldn't have let the scoundrels place it in my mouth, I wish I had have known, I missed a lot of great things in my teen years because I didn't feel that great or up to it.

It's just one more way they bombard your nervous system from being in peak condition. Please don't ever get them put in.

Thanks."

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

I had mine removed when I was 19. Prior to that I had migraines and lethargy. I felt so much better after removing them.