Winston's high blood pressure/hypertension problem

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston's high blood pressure/hypertension problem

Post by Winston »

Good news. I checked my blood pressure today at the pharmacy. Its lower than its been in a long time. 124 over 88 now. Its usually 140 over 100. It looks like the hydrogen peroxide treatment ive been doing may be helping after all.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Try B vitamins - they're my new thing. Get good quality ones that have plenty of B12. I swear they have cleared my brain fog.

The weird downside is that they make you pee in neon. That's due to the riboflavin (a natural substance).

For non vegans eat salmon once a week as it's wonder brain food. And if the brain is happy the rest of the body will be too.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Vitamins are a Jewish Scams. We already debunked it. Its synthetic and made in a lab to milk your money and west is more sick ..not healthier due to Vitamin con.

Eat Natural Whole Organic Vegetables...Do work out...Drink from Copper Vessels...and you will be fine
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston wrote:Good news. I checked my blood pressure today at the pharmacy. Its lower than its been in a long time. 124 over 88 now. Its usually 140 over 100. It looks like the hydrogen peroxide treatment ive been doing may be helping after all.
AAAIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!

Lazy, LAZY playboy son I have!

Solution simple! Need exercise! Stop eat too much!

Chinese very smart people! Why you exception????

Love,
Your Daddy
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Daddy Wu wrote:
Winston wrote:Good news. I checked my blood pressure today at the pharmacy. Its lower than its been in a long time. 124 over 88 now. Its usually 140 over 100. It looks like the hydrogen peroxide treatment ive been doing may be helping after all.
AAAIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!

Lazy, LAZY playboy son I have!

Solution simple! Need exercise! Stop eat too much!

Chinese very smart people! Why you exception????

Love,
Your Daddy
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said my blood pressure is normal now, for the first time in over 20 years. My real dad is elated at this news.

Fyi i am not an exception to smart chinese people. My IQ is above most chinese people and above average for chinese people. And plus, im one of the few chinese people that knows about the incredible health benefits of hydrogen peroxide, thus that makes me on of the few with blessed knowledge. Dummy. You are nothing but a fake poser.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

My doctor switched me to another beta blocker that is proven more effective with less side effects called Nebilet, aka Nebivolol.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1620/pil

But it's not that effective. My blood pressure has gone up again and is consistently high at 160-180 systolic over 100-120 diastolic. So I'm looking for more natural remedies. I read that beet juice and beet root powder has proven effective for lowering high blood pressure. Science documents this too even. See the mainstream articles below that announce this.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/News/News ... rticle.jsp

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/288229.php

https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/ ... ff-hearts/

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high ... d-pressure

Isn't this title a great pun? lol

"A new way to "beet" high blood pressure?"

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-he ... d-pressure

So if you have high blood pressure too, you can consider trying beet juice or beet root powder.

If you live overseas and can't find any, you can order some online here:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=beet%20powder

iHerb articles:
https://www.iherb.com/blog/the-benefits ... ecipes/354
https://www.iherb.com/blog/how-to-beet- ... essure/141

You can also try herbal remedies to control blood pressure too, such as these:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=blood%20pressure

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow I used beet root powder to get my blood pressure down to 130/80! I've never seen it that low before! Beet juice or beet powder really does work! I read about it before so I decided to try it. The powder form is concentrated and gives you more beet when you add water. I drink it about twice a day and it's made a big difference in my blood pressure. So if you have high blood pressure you should try it too. It's a new way to "beet" high blood pressure. lol. You can get some on iherb.com here:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=beet%20powder
https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=beet%20juice

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is this true? This paleo diet nutritionists and veterinarian named Dr. Joel Wallach says that the true cause of high blood pressure is mineral deficiency, and not due to genetics or obesity. He says knows this from knowledge of basic animal nutrition, which veterinarians and farmers are privy to, because the medical industry does not suppress or ban cheap natural cures for animals like they do for people, for obvious reasons. He also says that more salt lowers blood pressure, not less salt. So everything we've been told is wrong. What do you think? Is he right? Does he have a good point?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. I may have found the reason for my obesity. Apparently, beta blockers like atenolol (which I've been taking since 2003) cause weight gain and decrease your body's ability to lose weight and slows your metabolism too! Maybe that's how I became gradually fatter since I first began taking beta blockers? Since then I have gained weight steadily. So I wonder if the beta blockers are the culprit? If so, should I just quit them no matter the consequences? See below:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bloo ... 2T20110311
In the new study, Australian researchers found that among more than 11,400 adults with high blood pressure and/or diabetes, those on beta-blockers weighed more, on average, and had larger waistlines.

And in a separate look at 30 patients with high blood pressure, they found that people on beta-blockers generally burned fewer calories and fat after a meal — measured by a device called a calorimeter.

The patients on beta blockers also reported lower physical activity levels in their day-to-day lives. (Beta blockers are suspected of curbing people’s physical activity because the drugs slow the heart rate and may cause people to tire more easily.)

Together, the findings suggest that beta blockers lead to weight gain by curbing people’s calorie expenditure, according to the researchers, led by Dr. Paul Lee of St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney.

In today’s society, where obesity is a general public-health issue, that weight gain is particularly concerning, according to Lee.

“Our hypothesis is that widespread use of beta blockers may fuel the modern-day obesity epidemic,” he told Reuters Health in an email.

On average, Lee’s team found, patients on beta blockers were anywhere from 11 to 37 pounds heavier, depending on the study group.

They found that after a meal, the beta blockers users burned roughly 30 to 50 percent fewer calories and fat.
https://www.heartrhythmdoc.com/beta-blo ... nevitable/
Beta blockers, normally taken for high blood pressure and other heart issues, have been known to cause weight gain in a significant number of patients. According to the Mayo Clinic, the average weight gain that can be directly attributed to the medication is 2 to 4 pounds. So why do so many patients complain about stubborn weight gain, month after month, and a difficulty losing the excess poundage? The answer may lie in the way the drugs affect your body.

Why Does This Happen?

The older types of beta blockers, especially atenalol and metroprolol, cause fat to accumulate in the belly area. This trend begins in the first few months of treatment. The real problem begins with the other reactions the body has. Beta blockers lower metabolic rates, which means you’re burning fewer calories. They calm the body and reduce fidgeting, which can lower your calorie deficit by a couple of hundred a day. Finally, they give a body a feeling of weariness, reducing endurance and the actual desire to exercise.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... q-20058385

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

York Cardiologist explains why the numbers in blood pressure aren't that important as doctors tell you, and why the numbers and standards keep changing.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
August 30th, 2014, 5:08 pm
HouseMD,
You're not answering my question. If lemon oil or lemon water won't help then why do so many say it does? Did you read all the links I posted?

Why should I believe you over other experts? You are way outnumbered.

I tried baking soda at someone's suggestion and it WORKED. It stopped my acid reflux totally, no thanks to you.

You're not an expert in home remedies or naturopathic health. So why are you pretending to be a know it all? You are out of your element here.

Stop playing God. That's so typical American. Why not act more humble and modest like non-Americans do?
Six years later, we now know that lemon water didn't work! :lol:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
November 9th, 2007, 5:51 am
I have a question for anyone knowledgeable about hypertension (high blood pressure) and beta blockers.

House MD - an actual doctor - takes it upon himself to answer Winston's query and Winston ignores him because he didn't like his answer. :lol:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I think your problem is that you're not eating enough protein with your vegetarian/vegan diet. Your heart is a muscle and you are replacing the calories you would get from protein sources with sugar and white flour.

What helped me - because I exercise a lot - is change up my carb sources, so I eat a lot of buckwheat, bulgur wheat,
quinoa, polenta and sweet potatoes and eat pasta and white rice once every so often or substitute it for brown rice.

I also upped my vegetable intake as well. Surely there are veggies you don't mind eating and then you can up them - start with onions and green peppers and then add spinach, eggplant etc.

Do you cook your own food? If you do then you should be able to control your sodium and fat intake a lot better if you are buying outside or eating ready made meals/junk.

And you're getting to the age where you won't be able to have a hard on anymore so forget about shagging because you won't be able to do it because you won't be waking up with a stiffy - I mean, you can still save it but you don't have long because if you become to old to start exercising then you're f***ed! All you need for now is an exercise bike and just go on it for ten minutes a day.

Get yourself a good protein powder - there are loads of vegan protein powders on the market - soy, pea protein and other types... replace one of your meals with a protein shake, add some fruit with it - breakfast - omelette with vegetables cooked in olive oil, tea time - tuna and sweet potato mash with veggies - do ten minutes on an exercise bike and up it one minute a week - if you don't do something now then you're going to be in serious f***ing trouble - heart attack, stroke etc.

You have had some really amazing advice by more than one poster on this thread and all you have done is argue with them! :lol:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Your first purchase

Your second purchase

Buy this and start practicing some recipes.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

@HappyGuy Come on! Give Winebago some advice on his crappy diet and lifestyle choices!