You’ve Never Seen Such Submissions! Top-10 Rarest Finishing Moves

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
galii
Experienced Poster

You’ve Never Seen Such Submissions! Top-10 Rarest Finishing Moves

Post by galii »

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: You’ve Never Seen Such Submissions! Top-10 Rarest Finishing Moves

Post by Lucas88 »

galii wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 2:07 am
Wow, this is one of the best videos ever posted on the forum! Thanks for sharing it! :)

As a long-time Jiujitsu practitioner, I did already know most of the submissions in the video though but some of those flying triangle, armbar and leglock entries are insane and there were even a pair of subs that I'd never seen before (in this age grappling is evolving so fast).

The first technique new to me was the dogbar shown at the 4:30 mark. A sneaky kneebar from half-guard top. Wow, people are no longer safe in half-guard bottom anymore. :o

The second technique is the dogbar variation from side-control shown at 5:07. I started to use a similar sneaky kneebar from the fishnet control (10th Planet technique) back in the late 2010s (see video below) but the dogbar variation in your video is way more simple to set up. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/F-RskdHkvKE

The rest I already knew.

No-gi Ezekiel Choke beginning around 6:15.

The Ezekiel Choke has been around since forever in Gi Jiujitsu but now we're starting to see it more in no-gi and MMA.

Dead Orchard at 6:52.

Twister at 10:41.

Used to be my favorite submission. I was famous for it at my MMA gym. 8)

Hindulotine at 12:54.

I used to practice this move with a friend but I don't think that I ever pulled it off in live roling.

Buggy Choke at 13:47.

I discovered this move relatively recently and it seems to be all the rage right now.

But you can simply counter the Buggy Choke with the Von Flue Choke! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1rrQh1JGe50

Or alternatively, if the guy on top who is being choked is able to stand up and lift his opponent, he can brutally slam him onto his back or head :( (view from 1:31):

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: You’ve Never Seen Such Submissions! Top-10 Rarest Finishing Moves

Post by Lucas88 »

Hey look, guys! PAG's now a Jiujitsu instructor! :lol:

Worked at Silicone Valley, owns a multi-million dollar company, inventor of 6 patents, 180 IQ, artist, writer, male model, reincarnation of Nietzsche, 12" dick, most fragrant feces in the whole of North California, 15th degree Brazilian Jiujitsu blackbelt!
- PAG

:lol: :lol: :lol: