Turmeric liver cleanse

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Turmeric liver cleanse

Post by MrMan »

I've been looking up liver cleanses to help with fatty liver.

A lot of Americans, including children, have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Even people who do not look fat can have it. And some people with it get that deep fat under the abdominal muscle, collecting around the organs.

The most interesting cleanse I've seen on YouTube was about a study that showed 40%+ drop in liver fat from going on a low carb, but not too low carb diet, for about 2 weeks. I am planning on doing that myself.

I saw another video that suggested a cleanse using smoothies of frozen kale, frozen blueberries, and kefir-- a kind of liquid yogurt drink.

I also saw a video about the benefits of a tablespoon of turmeric with a dash of black pepper to cleanse liver fat. One video suggested adding a bit of honey. I bought a turmeric drink that was sweet once that was decent, but any attempts I made to recreate that didn't work. Turmeric has a slight almost oniony taste to me. It goes better with meat and vegetables than honey. Honey has carbs, too. Indonesians have chicken soups and curries they make with turmeric. They put it in a kind of coconut milk rice. It pairs well with savory ingredients, IMO.

So I thought I would share a recipe. I haven't tried kale and blueberries with kefir. It sounds weird. But it is easy to make a little soup out of turmeric. You can experiment with the proportions of other ingredients as long as you eat the turmeric and the black pepper.

You need:
- a coffee mug
- water
- a teaspoon of turmeric
- half a big leaf of kale, or some dried kale. Washed.
- a half to full teaspoon of chicken stock powder, or mushroom powder for vegetarian, or a mix of both
- black pepper.
- salt
- A spoon.

Put all this stuff in a coffee mug. Stir before adding the kale. Chop the kale up fine.

Microwave it for about 2 minutes or until it boils. Put in a generous amount of black pepper. Salt to taste.

You can use a bowl instead. The mug fits better in my microwave, and I don't look as gross drinking it from the container after I spoon the kale out.

You can put the blueberries and kefir in a smoothie and not have to drink them with kale. I'm not sure. A cup of blueberries could use up a huge chunk of the allowed carbs if you were doing a keto liver cleanse at the same time.