Kidney Problems and Covid shot

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Kidney Problems and Covid shot

Post by MrMan »

My extended family network made different decisions when it came to the Covid shot. My dad was against it. My family didn't take it. My sister, who is in her mid 50's, did. A number of others did. Two men in their 70's who took it now have kidney problems. My sister has kidney problems, too. My sister was taking some other medication that could cause kidney problems, and at least one of the male relatives were.

What about people you know who took the shot. Do any of them have kidney disease now?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Kidney Problems and Covid shot

Post by Yohan »

Nobody I know personally has any kidney problems or other medical issues so far related to vaccination despite 5 or 6 times vaccinated against covid-19 (using Pfizer and Moderna only - other vaccines failed to be approved in Japan).

I also got so far 6 shots + additionally a shot against pneumonia (every 5 years, last time about 8 months ago) and yearly shots against seasonal flu.
So far nothing, just got the results of the yearly health check.

What vaccine was used with these people you know who have now kidney issues? Covid-19 vaccines are all different from each other.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Re: Kidney Problems and Covid shot

Post by glanmit »

In my family we all had shots , except my cousin. He ended up having a very bad covid and some consequences after that.
Now he also started to suffer from a very strong ear ringing, called tinnitus. Still not confirmed if that had something to do with the virus.
He is going to visit Staten Island audiology in two weeks and hopefully we will know better what happens to him.