Diet I used last year to burn 50lbs

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Diet I used last year to burn 50lbs

Post by Guyver »

I decided to write about how I successfully lost weight last year in case any other guys in the forum might want to clone or modify my method for your own benefit. Dieting is about 80% of the puzzle when it comes to burning fat. The rest is exercise. Last year, through extreme dieting and very little exercise, I burned through about 50lbs before the end of the year. This year, however, I am doing a lot more exercise coupled with the diet. Below is a list of foods with their nutrients/calories per serving which I use.

Food Protein(g) Carbs(g) Fats(g) Calories

Coffee 0, 0, 0, 2
Green Tea 0, 0, 0, 2
Stevia 0, .1, 0, 0
Eggs 6, 0, 5, 70
Bacon 3.5, 0, 3.5, 45
Pacific Cod 26, 0, .5, 120
Chicken Breast 23, 0, 2.5, 110
Cheese 6, 1, 8, 70
Mixed Veggies 2, 11, 0, 60
Spinach 2, 3, 0, 30
Yogurt 9, 5, 1.5, 70
Hot Sauce 0, 0, 0, 0
Black Pepper 0, 0, 0, 0
General Tso Sauce 0, 6, .5, 30

Protein Snack 25, 5, 6, 200
Protein Shake 30, 4, 1, 160

*********************************************************************************************************

Total 107, 43.5, 50.5, 1045
Total++ 162, 52.5, 57.5, 1405

The total I calculate after summing up the servings I have with each meal every day. The protein snack and shake are optional which show up in the total++ line. The protein snacks I make by hand, and you can make about 8 snacks with the recipe I use below.

8 scoops - Whey Protein Powder Isolate
1 cup - Whole Oats
1 cup - Walnuts or Almonds
1/2 cup - Peanut Butter
1/2 cup - Chocolate Chips
3 TBS - Honey
1/2 cup - Water

I recommend to stir the dry stuff together first which makes the mix easier. After you add the peanut butter, honey, and water, then the mix starts getting all gooey when you begin stirring. Just stir the mix until there is next to no powdery substance left, and technically it is ready for eating after that. The stirring shouldn't take any more than 2-3 minutes. I recommend to take a handful and form each snack into a ball or something, place them on wax paper in a container of some kind, then leave them sitting overnight in the fridge. Take the completed snacks out the next day, and put each one in a sandwich bag. I usually like to put them in the freezer after that if I end up making a bunch more snacks.

WARNING: If you use more than 1/2 cup of water, then your protein snacks turn into protein pudding which I have learned the hard way :D.

For breakfast, I will have 3 eggs and 4 strips of bacon with a cup of coffee and green tea. Green tea has good antioxidants in it. I will use Stevia as a sweetner for the coffee and green tea. I will eat my self-made protein snack maybe a couple hours after breakfast. For lunch, I will have approximately 2 servings of mixed veggies(carrots, peas, corn, green beans), 2 servings of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 serving of spinach, 1 pacific cod, and a small cup of yogurt which you can get from most stores. For flavor on the lunch, I will use hot sauce and pepper which have almost no limit for how much you want to put on the food. For dinner which I try to eat no more than 3 hours before bed, I eat the chicken breast and sprinkle around no more than 2 servings of the general tso sauce for flavor. After my workout later in the day, I will drink the protein shake no more than 15 minutes after exercising because this is around the time the body is starving for protein.

The first one or two weeks of doing this is the worst because the human body goes through an anabolic state when it is getting used to the lessened calorie intake. After that, I was good to go. Bad carbs are your worst enemy when trying to burn fat. Dieting + Lifting = WIN! With lifting, you create the afterburn effect. If you do cardio alone, then your body stops burning calories after your cardio workout. If you lift, then the body continues burning calories approximately 24-48 hours after your workout. You do the math. I will do about 20-30 minutes of cardio which gets my blood going for the weights. I will jump on weights giving myself no more than 1-2 minutes of cooldown before I begin my first set. This year, I will be working different parts of the body each day for 6 days a week. 7th day you will need for muscle recovery and maybe a cheat meal.

I also take vitamin supplements each day. Below are the list of the ones which I take with my breakfast.

50mg - Zinc
5000IU - D3
400IU - E
1000mg - C
1000mg - Fish Oil(omega-3)
1200mg - Calcium
1500mg - Glucosamine HCl and MSM
1 MultiVitamin
1 Super B Complex

Good luck!
Smart men learn from their mistakes. Wise men learn from other men's mistakes.

Knowledge is gained in bad experiences, but confidence is only gained through positive experiences.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

codemon
Freshman Poster

Re: Diet I used last year to burn 50lbs

Post by codemon »

Guyver wrote: Dieting + Lifting = WIN! With lifting, you create the afterburn effect. If you do cardio alone, then your body stops burning calories after your cardio workout. If you lift, then the body continues burning calories approximately 24-48 hours after your workout. You do the math. I will do about 20-30 minutes of cardio which gets my blood going for the weights. I will jump on weights giving myself no more than 1-2 minutes of cooldown before I begin my first set. This year, I will be working different parts of the body each day for 6 days a week. 7th day you will need for muscle recovery and maybe a cheat meal.
Lifting is a good idea when losing that much weight. Not only do you get the afterburn but also metabolism increases overall since muscle burns more calories. The more muscles a person has the more calories they will burn. When losing a lot of weight the body will burn both fat and muscle for energy, so if a person isn't lifting while losing a lot of weight they are at risk of becoming "skinny fat".

One type of cardio that does have an afterburn effect is HIIT cardio. HIIT also improves your resting heart rate as well.
Janifer Sanders
Freshman Poster

Re: Diet I used last year to burn 50lbs

Post by Janifer Sanders »

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us. Best the thing is to lose weight fast is eat less and exercise more. If you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds.