Weston A. Price Foundation (Nutrition Organization)

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Weston A. Price Foundation (Nutrition Organization)

Post by gravity25x »

Has anyone heard of this organization?

I started having health problems after I moved back to the US (years ago, have since left permanently). So I started researching and found that a lot of what they teach works. I found a photo that summarizes it quite well:

The only reason I bring this organization up is that it was the first "big step" on my journey towards health. A lot of what they say works. They especially teach against eating western-produced bread. I noticed that when I eat bread produced/farmed in a western country, I start to have pain in my teeth and bleeding/weak gums. Whereas bread produced/farmed in some 2nd and most 3rd world countries was fine; it had no such effect on me.

Weston Price was a canadian dentist who worked in the US. He traveled the world and visited its most "primitive" people and researched their diet, from the Inuit of Canada to the natives of Papua New Guinea (and many, many more). He noticed, without exception, that the more "primitive" their diet was, the healthier, stronger, and more good-looking the people were. Whereas when they adopted a traditional western diet (processed food, mass-produced bread, genetically modified vegetables and starches, hormone treated meats, etc), the people's health declined immediately, cavities began to appear (whereas they had none before, despite never seeing a dentist in their life); the next generation (after beginning a western diet) was shorter, their jaws were smaller (so they "needed braces") and they had a lot of psychological problems. Some of the natives even ended up taking their own lives after beginning a Western diet, because the pain was so bad from the cavities they developed. (They had no access to a dentist, obviously.) He also mentioned that a person's "soul" seemed to develop to a greater extent with proper ("primitive") nutrition, by this he meant that they were kinder, more caring, more good-natured, and more deep-thinking than their peers (often their blood-relatives) who ate "the white man's food". If you haven't understood what I'm talking about, think of it as the difference between the average American white male (asshole), and the average villager you meet in a 3rd world country. Huge difference, and it is hard to grasp it unless you have met people like them.

Weston Price has a book, "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration", you could buy it if you're feeling generous, or just google the name of the author, book, and "PDF" and you should be able to download the whole book for free (you can, I checked). Use a VPN (free ones are available). It's a huge book, but you can skim for the details you need. His journey is impressive.

I never recommend that anyone dedicate themselves to a diet without knowing what works first. But that's the point of all these organizations, you get ideas from people that claim to be dietary saviors, you try them, and whatever works for you you use throughout your life to maintain health.

Of course, the "medical establishment" in the US has "discredited" him, which means everyone who actually wants good health should pay notice to what he is saying..

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topi ... uidelines/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Weston A. Price Foundation (Nutrition Organization)

Post by gsjackson »

Yeah, Price's name pops up periodically.

How did you find the food in Georgia from a nutrition standpoint? Seems like it would be a very healthy environment. Abkhasia, just to the northwest, is one of the regions famous for the percentage of centenarians. I believe Georgia has banned GMO food completely, like Russia, which has set itself on a course to be an alternative food supplier to U.S. garbage..

I've thought Batumi would be just a major health upgrade locale -- all the negative ions in the air, Black Sea salinity.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

gsjackson wrote:Yeah, Price's name pops up periodically.

How did you find the food in Georgia from a nutrition standpoint? Seems like it would be a very healthy environment. Abkhasia, just to the northwest, is one of the regions famous for the percentage of centenarians. I believe Georgia has banned GMO food completely, like Russia, which has set itself on a course to be an alternative food supplier to U.S. garbage..

I've thought Batumi would be just a major health upgrade locale -- all the negative ions in the air, Black Sea salinity.
I am honestly considering buying a condo in a high-rise building in Batumi on the beach. Partially as a prospect since the prices are so low (hoping prices will rise), and partially because I love living by the ocean (did so for 3 years in Corpus Christi, Texas, and I remember when I showed up for the first few weeks I couldn't stop coughing, since the negative ions were healing my lungs). I don't have the money at this exact second, but I may within a year or so.. but in the end I think I will just rent. $300/mo for a high-rise condo on the beach is an amazing price (check airBnB). If the new government starts making good decisions, I may reconsider, but for now I'm not sure which direction that country will head. I've already spent $20,000 on real estate there for my two (small) condos (YES, you can buy 2 (small) condos for $10,000 each LOL), but I don't want to expose myself to any more risk.

The food is AMAZINGLY healthy in Georgia. I can't eat bread as my main starch when I live in the West, even if it is sourdough and fermented (like the WAPF suggests), but in Georgia I eat Khachapuri (traditional georgian cheese bread, kinda like a pizza), every day, and I never had an issue with my gums or teeth at all.

I don't know if they have banned GMO, but I would not be surprised. I know Russia has (good for them). The food overall is very healthy. You can eat out here every day and still spend less and feel better than you do on groceries in the US. So yes, the food is very healthy and very cheap/ You just need to know which places to go to. Low prices and high quality often go together here. You can pay a lot of money at a restaurant and still get food poisoning/unhealthy food if you're not informed. They opened a new khachpuri/bread place in my neighborhood a few days before I left to go to Sweden. I bought 3 Khachapuris (basically 3 medium pizzas) for 2 Lari each, which is $0.75 each, hot and ready to eat. I feel great after eating them, as opposed to feeling nasty after I eat a lot of pizza from a western restaurant (like Ronny's pizza in Tbilisi). Like I said, knowledge is key here.

Cheese is cheap (I would recommend 'Imeruli' cheese, very good, very cheap, and actually made from raw milk here in Georgia (very good for health), but at first it will be a bit too salty for the Western palate, it takes a few days of eating it to acquire the taste, after that you will love it.)

Almost all Western foods are available here if you feel like poisoning yourself/treating yourself to a bit of home (Goodwill and Carrefour are the two big supermarkets in Tbilisi, where you can buy almost anything you can buy at a Walmart in America), they also carry traditional, healthy Georgian foods, but I would recommend the smaller grocery store close to where you live. Smaller groceries actually have lower prices in Georgia, which is the opposite of most places in the US. Just don't buy pork/chicken from dodgy-looking grocery stores, you'll thank me later, LOL.

I went to an American run pizza restaurant a few weeks ago in Tbilisi. I took take-out and nearly threw up after I ate the pizza. Not because it was bad tasting or spoiled in some way, but because I had been eating traditional Georgian food for so long, my body wasn't used to the chemicals. I could literally taste the chemicals and feel them being absorbed by my body, it was weird.

Like I've said, many (though not most) older Georigan women (50-60) still look fine. Honestly they are sexually attractive even at that age, which is not something I've really ever seen in the West except once in a blue moon. So there must be something different about their food/way of living.

Batumi is supposedly the most modern/developed and best looking city in Georgia. Sakaashvili tore that city apart and fixed the roads and made it beautiful (supposedly, I've never been there), when he was President.
This YT video seems to be an idealized view of Batumi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCybeA5uwsY
This one seems to be more realistic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCEW5Nmf_MU

It certainly looks nicer than Tbilisi (which is a very old city). I have heard that you can walk anywhere in Batumi, because it's really THAT small. Taxis cost nothing in Georgia either, if that's what you want (but the drivers will try to cheat you every single time since you are a foreigner, use "Taxify" or similar uber-copycat mobile-apps to prevent this). It actually gets old (the taxi drivers trying to cheat you), it's just so pathetic how every one of them thinks you are a stupid foreigner who doesn't know what a taxi costs in Georgia. In any case, you really don't need a car in Batumi from what I know. However it can be useful in Tbilisi, but only if you plan to stay there long term. The main reason I was happy I bought a car in Georgia was that I didn't have to deal with scumbag taxi drivers who gave bad service while they were trying to cheat you. (Luckily, those uber-copycat applications offer a rating service, give them a bad rating if they give bad service, they'll get fired eventually)

Speaking of major health locales. There is a city in Georgia, called Bakuriani. It is a place where sick Georgians go on vacation, supposedly the air and water have healing properties, so much so that people with lung cancer that go there are cured after a few months. Of course I've seen no evidence to this effect, but that is what Georgians have told me.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Numbeo says 1-br apts. in the city center of Batumi average $250. I imagine it depends on the season. Probably higher in the summer, when they get a boatload of vacationers, even though the beaches aren't sand. Very tempting to park there for a while -- I could live on passive income, and no concern about visas. Assuming what you say about Tbilisi food goes for Batumi, I can't imagine a more healthful environment, all things considered.

My haircutter is from Ukraine, and says that when she was growing up the saying was that if you spent a vacation at the Black Sea you wouldn't catch a bug all year. Her family would go to Sochi, which is just up the coast a bit from Batumi. My concern about the place is that it might be kind of dead and depressing in the off season. But weatherwise it is a good place to escape European winters -- the average high in January is 50 F.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I have heard of them. They changed my opinion about butter which America says is unhealthy and bad for you. Butter is actually good for you and healthy if it's from grass-fed cows.

I can't eat too much things inside America because everything is either GMO or takes fake or isn't too good.

Meat from Grass-fed animals has a nicer flavor and more nutrients than factory-farm cattle (typically fed GMO corn which is unnatural and they usually don't ever eat corn until corn became cheap for the factory farms with subsidies)

GMO snacks give me a terrible stomach cramps. I never bought them in years until a special limited time only snack came and I wanted to try it. But I won't ever buy a GMO snack, especially ones with GMO corn.

The cheeses and butters I buy are imported and have a very nice flavor and taste, higher quality than the common mass produced things because they come from countries where most cows are grass-fed.

America is very unhealthy with toxic poisonous food making up the majority of the food supply in America.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Tsar, you might put Georgia on your radar. Reputedly the women there are less worldly, more virginal than Russian women.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I looked at Georgian girls and they don't appeal to me as much as Russian, Belarusian, or Ukrainian girls. I did notice 2 out of about 40 on the page I viewed but I think everybody would notice those two.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

gsjackson wrote:Numbeo says 1-br apts. in the city center of Batumi average $250. I imagine it depends on the season. Probably higher in the summer, when they get a boatload of vacationers, even though the beaches aren't sand. Very tempting to park there for a while -- I could live on passive income, and no concern about visas. Assuming what you say about Tbilisi food goes for Batumi, I can't imagine a more healthful environment, all things considered.

My haircutter is from Ukraine, and says that when she was growing up the saying was that if you spent a vacation at the Black Sea you wouldn't catch a bug all year. Her family would go to Sochi, which is just up the coast a bit from Batumi. My concern about the place is that it might be kind of dead and depressing in the off season. But weatherwise it is a good place to escape European winters -- the average high in January is 50 F.
I'd recommend using a well-reviewed landlord off of AirBnb. Like I said it may be a little more expensive ($300 instead of $250), but you get accountability. They can't cheat you because AirBnB has your money, not them. You also won't have to leave a "deposit" for AirBnB (which in Georgia, you might not actually get back lol). Also finding a typical landlord that will rent to you for 1-3 months is unlikely in Georgia. Whereas it is standard-course on AirBnB. That and utilities/internet/etc are all ready to go and INCLUDED in the price when you use AirBnb, which they probably won't be if you rent a normal apartment.

I can imagine the city would be rather dead during the winter, at least compared to the summer (since all the Russians and Turks will not be there), but overall I am sure it is still pretty nice. The winter should be slightly milder than Tbilisi too, since it is by the water. It's very humid though, so take that into account.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

Tsar wrote:I have heard of them. They changed my opinion about butter which America says is unhealthy and bad for you. Butter is actually good for you and healthy if it's from grass-fed cows.

I can't eat too much things inside America because everything is either GMO or takes fake or isn't too good.

Meat from Grass-fed animals has a nicer flavor and more nutrients than factory-farm cattle (typically fed GMO corn which is unnatural and they usually don't ever eat corn until corn became cheap for the factory farms with subsidies)

GMO snacks give me a terrible stomach cramps. I never bought them in years until a special limited time only snack came and I wanted to try it. But I won't ever buy a GMO snack, especially ones with GMO corn.

The cheeses and butters I buy are imported and have a very nice flavor and taste, higher quality than the common mass produced things because they come from countries where most cows are grass-fed.

America is very unhealthy with toxic poisonous food making up the majority of the food supply in America.
America's food supply is very weird. When I lived there I would feel like I was getting too much of one toxin if I constantly ate the same thing (example: chicken), so I would have to change it up a lot. This is despite the fact that I'm a single guy who hates to cook, normally I just make something that is healthy and tastes pretty good and I'm satisfied and I would buy those ingredients in bulk and make it every day for a week. I just don't care. Normally I wouldn't be changing up my meals so much, but in America I had to, otherwise I would start feeling poisoned. So sad how f**ked up that country is...

When I live in Georgia I can eat whatever I want
for however long I want. No weird toxins in the food.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

Tsar wrote:I looked at Georgian girls and they don't appeal to me as much as Russian, Belarusian, or Ukrainian girls. I did notice 2 out of about 40 on the page I viewed but I think everybody would notice those two.
I've noticed in my travels that the typical girls on the street usually look better than the ones you will find on google. It's very weird. Just google "Russian girls" and then go to Moscow and walk around. The girls you see on the street look way nicer. At least in my opinion. On the other hand, it is the opposite in America. The girls on the street are mostly fugly, but if you google "American girls" you only get hot ones... -_- Information warfare anyone??

I've walked around Tbilisi a lot. There are a lot of ugly georgian girls, but also a lot of cute/hot ones. The typical Georgian hottie/cutie looks like either one of these two (in the video, below). At least for me, this is what I'd want to wake up next to in the morning (especially the one on the left). I'm not saying I MUST have this look, I'm flexible as long as she looks nice. But I really like the look of the one on the left (see video). These girls are not young (less than 18), Georgian girls are just naturally super small and cute. It's odd cause I'm 6'5"/260 pounds and I love tiny girls, though it seems to be rather typical, you see a lot of tall guys with tiny girlfriends (just look at shaq).

Basically the typical Georgian hotties:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0TxlTr_OY8