How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread but Winston may have intestinal worms living in his gut. Go up on YouTube and search intestinal worms. I will not post the videos here as it's too gross.

As I understand you can get these from eating raw fish (sushi), undercooked meat, food prepared in unsanitary conditions or raw vegetables. There are a number of treatments including surgery. This is what I think Winston has.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Voyager1 wrote:I don't know if this has been covered in this thread but Winston may have intestinal worms living in his gut. Go up on YouTube and search intestinal worms. I will not post the videos here as it's too gross.

As I understand you can get these from eating raw fish (sushi), undercooked meat, food prepared in unsanitary conditions or raw vegetables. There are a number of treatments including surgery. This is what I think Winston has.
Intestinal parasites cause anemia, vitamin deficiencies, and weight loss. They don't cause weight gain or excess abdominal adipose tissue, and they don't cause abdominal distention because GI obstruction occurs long before that point would ever be reach, necessitating emergency surgery. The types of worms he would be most likely to encounter in his area of the world cause vitamin B12 deficiency, anemia, and potentially liver problems, none of which he complains of any signs or symptoms of, and all of which would easily be spotted on a simple CBC, CMP, and B12 panel.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I still say he has them. Intestinal worms may cause weight loss but they cause the stomach to bloat. Winston may have hundreds of them living in his gut. This is due mainly to his poor diet living in Asia.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMS5aPR9rJo[/youtube]
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Look at this video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUXqQeuM4c[/youtube]

Winston has a relatively thin body yet he has a huge bloated gut. This is due to all the tape worms and parasites living inside his gut. I am sure that there is a cleanse for this. The most drastic measure would be surgery.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Voyager1 wrote:I still say he has them. Intestinal worms may cause weight loss but they cause the stomach to bloat. Winston may have hundreds of them living in his gut. This is due mainly to his poor diet living in Asia.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMS5aPR9rJo[/youtube]
Having seen some cases of ascariasis etc, I can assure you you are wrong
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

HouseMD wrote:Having seen some cases of ascariasis etc, I can assure you you are wrong
Last edited by Voyager1 on January 24th, 2017, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ouch , could you explain what's up with that video Doc, and how do we make sure we don't get any of that :shock: :shock:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

droid wrote:Ouch , could you explain what's up with that video Doc, and how do we make sure we don't get any of that :shock: :shock:
I'm too lazy to regurgitate the CDC's website. Enjoy.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/ascariasis/
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Well yeah but i was just wondering how it goes from a 'normal' few to that out of control scary movie.
Some people recommend as a general practice to 'purge' their gut once a couple of years, Is that a good idea ?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

droid wrote:Well yeah but i was just wondering how it goes from a 'normal' few to that out of control scary movie.
Some people recommend as a general practice to 'purge' their gut once a couple of years, Is that a good idea ?
It usually happens because they get a large dose of contaminated food in their diet on a regular basis. You won't get this in a developed nation like the US or Taiwan, but it's in the soil in SEA, SA, etc. Basically, if you don't thoroughly clean your veggies or if whomever is preparing your food is careless, you can end up with a ton of worms. Treatment is pretty easy, it's a simple round of anti-helminth pills that are highly effective. No amount of bowl cleansing or natural bullshit will fix it.

Once there was a guy from Africa that was admitted for an abdominal GSW to the local ED that got opened up only for them to find so many worms that it was a male he was still alive when he got shoot, he should have had a GI obstruction long before that. Gross stuff, not something you ever want to see.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Voyager1 wrote:I don't know if this has been covered in this thread but Winston may have intestinal worms living in his gut. Go up on YouTube and search intestinal worms. I will not post the videos here as it's too gross.

It's pretty reckless to shoot off random diagnosis like that. Winston most likely does not have intestinal worms. He doesn't eat meat or fish, tends to go to hygienic places, and does not have most of the symptoms.

But he has been diagnosed with sleep apnea. Instead of treating that as per standard recommendations, he keeps denying it and looking for alternative miracle cures to get back his energy and health. The latest one is hydrogen peroxide. Well fine. If you believe it, then try it and report back. But why hype it up now before it's done you any good?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I'm not making a diagnosis. I said Winston may have. He should be checked out for that.

Nothing has worked so far. Why not check that out?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

HouseMD wrote:
droid wrote:Well yeah but i was just wondering how it goes from a 'normal' few to that out of control scary movie.
It usually happens because they get a large dose of contaminated food in their diet on a regular basis. You won't get this in a developed nation like the US or Taiwan, but it's in the soil in SEA, SA, etc. Basically, if you don't thoroughly clean your veggies or if whomever is preparing your food is careless, you can end up with a ton of worms. Treatment is pretty easy, it's a simple round of anti-helminth pills that are highly effective. No amount of bowl cleansing or natural bullshit will fix it.

Once there was a guy from Africa that was admitted for an abdominal GSW to the local ED that got opened up only for them to find so many worms that it was a male he was still alive when he got shoot, he should have had a GI obstruction long before that. Gross stuff, not something you ever want to see.
Ok thanks House, good info, +1

I also found this Wiki article informative.
http://www.wikihow.com/Recognize-an-Ascaris-Infection

Yeah the main points I was after i guess:

-I̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶e̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶c̶y̶c̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶k̶
Edit: Sorry that was wrong
http://animaldiversity.org/accounts/Asc ... bricoides/
Development
Ascaris lumbricoides develops from egg to adult through four larval stages, each followed by a molt in which the cuticle is shed. Noninfective eggs are expelled from the host intestine and into the soil where they embryonate in approximately 3 weeks, given warm, moist conditions. At this stage they are infective, and once ingested, the infective eggs hatch in the duodenum.

-A strong immune system can take care of it on its own.
-Albendazole, Ivermectin to kill adult worms.

The pics on google images are pretty disturbing :shock:

***goes and washes hands..
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I watched some BBC programs on diet and exercise last week. One program said that science has discovered that theres a hormone that tells us when we have eaten enough. In slim people this hormone works and is activated and tells them when they are full. But in obese people this hormone doesnt work. So obese people dont know when they are full and stop eating. Therefore being fat or slim is not a matter of will power or character, as some assume. Science does not know how to turn this hormone on or off.

Another BBC program took a group of slim people who can eat anything and stay slim and doubled their calorie intake of food for two weeks. They found that they gained very little weight even if they ate twice as much. Their bodies simply shook off the excess calories. The conclusion was that your body picks what is your normal weight and stays there. So if your body thinks obese is normal then it will try to maintain that. Its bad news for overweight people. It means that its all in the genes and out of your control. That sucks.

One modern solution is to have surgery on your stomach. Theres a new procedure where they cut your stomach and create a new smaller stomach for your digestion. The smaller stomach holds much less food. Hence u get full a lot faster and eat a lot less. So far its proven to work for many obese people and has reduced their weight significantly.

What you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne