Low Testosterone - What to do? Take pills, shots, creams, supplements to boost it?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should you take testosterone pills (like Progene)?

Post by Winston »

MrMan,
I agree. I think Dr. Wallach is partially right and his claims contain some partial truth. But his message is a bit suspect and naive when he tries to say that all disease is from nutrition deficiency. Reality isn't like that. It isn't that simple. In life we all know that things have multiple causes and factors, not all due to one thing. This is common sense. People who try to attribute everything to "one thing" or a simple fix usually have something to sell and are oversimplifying reality.

But it's probably true that nutrition is very important and can keep you from getting sick, and that doctors don't know much about it because the medical industry doesn't want people to be healthy, otherwise it would cut into their drug profits. That part is definitely true. But Wallach makes outrageous claims in taking advantage of corruption in the healthcare industry.

Also, his products are being sold by an MLM company called Youngevity, so his products will be more expensive than they should be. Because MLM products have to be overpriced in order to pay all the commissions to the uplines and downlines in the pyramid. Amway and Market America work that way too, that's why their products cost so much. This isn't good, because it means poor people can't afford them.

So it's a bit unethical to make it expensive and put a price on health just to keep an MLM operation going. It's also sort of a self-contradiction too, because Wallach's message is that eliminating diseases should be cheap if it's all due to mineral deficiencies. But if being disease-free should be natural and low cost like he claims, then why is he inflating his "mighty 90" products just to fund an MLM operation? So he has two businesses - the MLM operation and the sale of his mineral packages. This makes him too commercial and shady, even though he is a great public speaker.

Also he shoots himself in the foot when he claims that baldness can be cured by minerals too, because he himself is bald and is unable to cure himself of baldness. So that discredits him and is his achilles heel.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I've been taking those herbal supplements to boost testosterone, the kind you can get in health stores or at Costco, and they do seem to help. They reduce the number of times I have to get up at night to urinate, and they make me feel more horny too, and a bit younger. So if you guys are interested, try them out.

There are some on iherb.com. Here is a popular testosterone booster there.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Six-Star-Six-S ... lets/54772

Also there are supplements for prostrate health that help with frequent urination at night too. See here:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=prostate%20health

If any of you want to try them out, please use my iherb code so I can get some credit for your purchase.

https://www.iherb.com/?rcode=WIN0969

Mr S recommends this one called HGH, called Human Growth Hormone. He said it not only boosts testosterone, but has other manly benefits as well. What do you guys think? Any of you ever try HGH before? What does it do? Is it safe?

Anyway, I found HGH on iherb.com too. See here:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Source-Natural ... blets/4615
Source Naturals HGH Surge is a multifaceted, Bio-Aligned approach to the promotion of healthy levels of natural human growth hormone. HGH Surge contains nutritional and neurotransmitter support shown to stimulate the body's production and release of human growth hormone.
Again, if you decide to try any of these, please use my iherb code so I can get some credit.

https://www.iherb.com/?rcode=WIN0969

Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

tre wrote:
January 7th, 2014, 11:34 pm
Winston wrote:If testosterone pills can cause liver damage, then why are they selling it in stores like Costco and GNC? Aren't there laws against dangerous supplements?

Those are not "testosterone pills" Winston. Those are a blend of herbs that are touted to "boost" your natural levels of testosterone. If they really worked well for anyone, they'd be talked about on MANY forums on the internet. Don't waste your money.

I agree with Rock. You can either find a good physician (I recommend a Life Extension type doctor) to order bloodwork for you or you can purchase it yourself. There is Directlabs.com and many others. I recommend you get a full male hormone blood panel. It's likely the most expensive one, but will test your Total and Free Testosterone, Estrogen as well as everything to determine your general health. I will be doing bloodwork every 3 months until I get back on top of my health. I'd be glad to share with you anything that helps me in the process. I have a good doctor in Las Vegas (VERY expensive), but I'd rather pay for a good one than to waste time/money on a quack....

If you have low testosterone, high estrogen, low SHBG, high TSH, etc, it could be a sign that something else that is wrong. Finding a good doctor and doing your own research is going to be critical to improving health. There is a HUGE percentage of people walking around the USA that have Metabolic Syndrome that have no clue that they have it. They can either take the steps to fix it or remain obese and look forward to Diabetes, Stroke, Heart Attack, Cancer, etc in their future. No one is immune from death or disease of course, but you CAN give yourself a better chance while feeling/looking better at the same time...

If you have very low testosterone levels without any other issues on blood work then I would definitely recommend that you supplement (legal script) with Testosterone INJECTIONS. Creams often don't work as not everyone absorbs them very well. Also, if you sleep with a woman, it WILL end up on her skin (causing all sorts of issues for her). Go with injections...hands down better and more effective.
Beautifully put! I don't get why people are seeking short cuts that are not only ineffective, they are HARMFUL.

Medically prescribed Injections are the only way to go. That is counter intuitive for most people but it is true.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In case anyone's interested, this black mineral powder found in high mountain ranges called Shilajit, is proven to increase testosterone in men and provide many other health benefits as well. It contains 84 minerals and is also called "fulvic acid". Google it for more info. See these links below about the many health benefits of Shilajit, aka "fulvic acid", including increased testosterone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilajit

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320318.php

https://www.healthline.com/health/shilajit
2. Low testosterone level

Testosterone is a primary male sex hormone, but some men have a lower level than others. Signs of low testosterone include:

a low sex drive
hair loss
loss of muscle mass
fatigue
increased body fat

In one clinical study of male volunteers between the ages of 45 and 55, half of the participants were given a placebo and half were given a 250 milligram (mg) dose of purified shilajit twice a day. After 90 consecutive days, the study found that participants receiving purified shilajit had a significantly higher testosterone level compared to the placebo group.
* source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26395129

Even a government study supported this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26395129
Clinical evaluation of purified Shilajit on testosterone levels in healthy volunteers.

Abstract

Purified Shilajit, an Ayurvedic rasayana, was evaluated in healthy volunteers of age between 45 and 55 years for its effect on male androgenic hormone viz. testosterone in a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study at a dose of 250 mg twice a day. Treatment with Shilajit for consecutive 90 days revealed that it has significantly (P < 0.05) increased total testosterone, free testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEAS) compared with placebo. Gonadotropic hormones (LH and FSH) levels were well maintained.
The cheapest one I found online is here:

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=shilajit

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Jarrow-Formula ... Caps/42730

* Note: Please use my rewards code "WIN0969" in the checkout page so I can receive some credit for referring you.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: What to do if you have low testosterone? Take pills, shots, creams, supplements to boost it?

Post by Winston »

Update:

Just did a testosterone test here in Taiwan at a hospital. Just got the results and as expected they show my levels to be low. I sent them to Rock and heres his reply:

Rock:

"Winston I looked at your blood work results. It appears they only measured total testosterone and free/total PSA ratio. I wish I could have also seen your total PSA level.

Based on the results, you definitely are well below the suggested reference range and way below a healthy level for total testosterone. I suggest you try out a course of Sustanon 250 at 1 ampule injection every 2 weeks for 1-2 months to see how you feel.

However, your free/total PSA level is somewhat elevated which indicates a significantly higher than normal risk for prostate cancer by or before age 60.

As such, you need to get the doctor to sign off on T therapy plan I suggested and also get blood retested after a month of the therapy to see whether or not the ratio has increased significantly.

If it has, you should inquire about your prostate, get it measured via ultrasound, and perhaps even have a biopsy taken.

Doctors in Taiwan tend to be passive so you need to do a lot of self research and direct them to do whet you feel you need. If they feel you are veering off course, they will tell you in which case if you still have doubts, you can get a second opinion, even at same hospital. Most will understand and not be offended."

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Low Testosterone - What to do? Take pills, shots, creams, supplements to boost it?

Post by Winston »

A few questions about testosterone if anyone can answer them.

1. If male testosterone in men is important, why don't doctors usually ever mention it? Why is it never checked in a routine physical or annual medical check up? Why do doctors never tell patients about it or ask about it or recommend checking it? Isn't that odd? It seems that testosterone level is only talked about by athletes and on sports websites usually, but not medical websites. Why is that @HouseMD? Any idea?

2. Are all men supposed to have the same testosterone level? Aren't some men naturally lower in testosterone, for example if they are more feminine or soft spoken or gentle? Like Gandhi, Buddha, or Jesus for example? Wouldn't spiritual men or softer gentler men naturally have lower testosterone? If so, would that be bad for their health? Isn't stuff like weight, blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol level, liver enzymes, white blood cell count, etc the main indicators of a man's health, rather than testosterone? How big a factor is testosterone? Is it a major factor or minor?

3. I heard testosterone causes hair loss in white men. If an asian guy gets testosterone shots, would he be at risk for hair loss too?

4. So only testosterone shots work? Not those health supplements at Costco or online health shops that boost testosterone? Aren't there lots of good testimonials about Progene?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Low Testosterone - What to do? Take pills, shots, creams, supplements to boost it?

Post by Winston »

Some interesting links about low testosterone.

NY Times says it's better not to take prescription testosterone or ask your doctor about them, but instead just to lose weight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/opin ... low-t.html

A DANGEROUS MISDIAGNOSIS OF MEN WITH LOW TESTOSTERONE BY THEIR PRIMARY CARE DOCTORS

https://www.bostontestosterone.com/blog ... e-doctors/

Why testing testosterone is tricky

https://www.health.harvard.edu/prostate ... its-tricky

What Do You Want to Know About Low Testosterone?

https://www.healthline.com/health/low-testosterone

Low Testosterone: Understanding Your Diagnosis

https://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/low-t ... diagnosis/

The link above say that low sex drive is a symptom of low testosterone. But I don't have that. I'm horny a lot and jack off a lot. So why did the lab test show that I have low testosterone? Strange.

The above link also said that obesity and sleep apnea can also cause low testosterone. Maybe that's the reason why?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Something that @Contrarian Expatriate and @Shemp will like to hear. According to this video, playboys have higher testosterone than married monogamous men. lol. See the part near the end about it.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:10 pm
Something that @Contrarian Expatriate and @Shemp will like to hear. According to this video, playboys have higher testosterone than married monogamous men. lol. See the part near the end about it.

This has been a life changer. My Doctor has lowered my dose on 4 occasions already with the T levels staying the same. Apparently, my body composition has changed to the point where it is producing more and more of its own testosterone.

The best thing is that my body's Human Growth Hormone level has dramatically increased without any supplementation. I am very glad for that because it is like $15,000 a year just to supplement that which I would never want to pay.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why fat men have lower testosterone?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Winston wrote:

This has been a life changer. My Doctor has lowered my dose on 4 occasions already with the T levels staying the same. Apparently, my body composition has changed to the point where it is producing more and more of its own testosterone.

The best thing is that my body's Human Growth Hormone level has dramatically increased without any supplementation. I am very glad for that because it is like $15,000 a year just to supplement that which I would never want to pay.
Isn't that chump change to you? Like a quarter to the rest of us?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 5:42 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Winston wrote:

Isn't that chump change to you? Like a quarter to the rest of us?
Perhaps so, but I'd rather invest the 15k and forever earn dividends from it than pay for HGH each year.
JessicaDesmarais
Freshman Poster

Post by JessicaDesmarais »

When I had low testoterone it was caused by low vitamin D levels. So be sure to get your half-hour of sunlight hitting your skin every day.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

More info on shilajit and its benefits. It seems to boost testosterone and male sexual prowess. It's a type of fulvic acid with many beneficial minerals in pure form. Look for it at your health store or online health stores or ebay. Some descriptions of shilajit from ebay below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Patanjali-Shil ... 3571183071

Description:

Divya Shilajeet capsule consist of extract of shilajeet that forms one of the best natural anti aging product and helps to increase immunity. It is an excellent herbal remedy for general debility in men and women. Shilajeet helps in increasing the physical as well as mental strength and delays signs of ageing. Shilajeet is also an ancient herb that is traditionally used for enhancing sexual strength and to increase stamina for performing sexual activities. Shilajeet acts a natural rejuvenation for the body cells and maintains youth for longer period of time. You may find different natural anti aging products in the market but Divya Shilajeet capsule is an excellent natural remedy for preventing signs of ageing.

Benefits of Divya Shilajeet Capsules

Divya shilajeet capsule is useful for preventing damaging of body cells from anti-oxidants. It helps in removing these harmful substances from the body and maintains youthfulness.
Divya shilajeet capsule is beneficial for increasing general body strength and increase stamina for doing physical and mental work.
Divya shilajeet capsule is useful for sexual dysfunctions in men. It helps in boosting sexual stamina in men.
Divya shilajeet capsule is a natural aphrodisiac and helps to enhance the quality and quantity of sperms.
Divya shilajeet capsule is a general tonic for whole body system as it increases energy and body stamina.
Divya shilajeet capsule is a useful product for old people for increasing strength and stamina.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Patanjali-Divy ... 4101421266

How does Divya Shilajeet Rasayan Vati help males?

Improvement in sexual drive in males- Divya Shilajeet Rasayan Vati is such a product which helps in increasing sexual drive in males in a natural way without having any adverse effects on the vital organs or general health of a person. As a result, the males are able to get complete sexual pleasure. At the same time, they are also able to satisfy their sex partners completely well and hence enjoy good marital relations.

Treatment of erectile dysfunction- Divya Shilajeet Rasayan Vati is apt in treating one of the most common sex problems found in the male population i.e. erectile dysfunction. Due to this problem, the males are not able to achieve hard and strong erections and thus not able to perform better during sexual activity. By regular use of Divya Shilajeet Rasayan Vati, the males are able to have strong and hard erections and hence have a better time in the bed.

Increases the sperm count in males- Some males are not able to help their partners in bearing children. It is due to low sperm count or low quality of sperms in their semen. This problem is sorted out efficiently with the help of Divya Shilajeet Rasayan Vati. It helps in increasing the sperm count and also makes the quality of sperms better. As a result, the males aid in the reproduction process efficiently.

Cures infections in male sex organs- Divya Shilajeet Rasayan Vati helps in curing any type of infections found in the male sex organs. This in turn promotes health of the sex organs and the sexual system in the males.

Prevention of various physical disorders- In addition to treatment of sexual disorders, Divya Shilajeet Rasayan Vati is helpful in the prevention of other physical disorders as well. These may include Blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes, diabetes etc.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

You're middle aged like I am - so you need to exercise and eat better. Weights, running, cycling - increase your muscle mass and get good foods down you - avocados, whey protein shakes, quinoa, buckwheat for kasha, wholemeal bread, brown/red/black rice, sweet potatoes, lentils/mung beans/adzuki beans as well as solid proteins such as eggs, chicken and canned fish is amazing - tons of protein and good stuff in those big tins of mackerel or sardines that you find in Chinese supermarkets, tuna - all kinds of stuff you can eat and it tastes nice and it will do you plenty of good.

But I know you're going to ignore all the above so my advice and it's good advice and that is buy a quality maca supplement - maca (or Peruvian ginseng) helps you with your hard ons and it had been clinically proven - 100% natural - not cheap but an energizer and helps you in the bedroom.

I always get the Peruvian brands but the American brands are fine also! Before you hit 50, you are best off getting to your right weight for your height and knock the junk food on the head - we're not 14 years old anymore homes! Time to develop an adult (and healthier) palette.