How can Winston improve facial skin and blemishes?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

How can Winston improve facial skin and blemishes?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I recently bought some skin care products at the mall from a pushy saleslady, who even flirted with me to make the sale lol. It did do what she claimed, it made my skin smoother and revitalized it and cleaned out the oil, as you can see in the recent photos of me. However, I still have blemishes on my face. But I don't know where they come from or what kind they are. Could they be scars from pimples I popped in the past? Some of the blemishes look like freckles or spots, while others look like slight concaves which might be scars from pimples. I don't know.

But is there any way of fixing blemishes, scars, marks or freckles on your face? Is there any kind of skin care cream that will erase them? Or would it require some kind of surgery? Anyone know?

What do celebrities usually do about skin blemishes and freckles? Is there any way of removing them? Or do they cover them up with makeup?

How come so many East Asians have pure white skin with no blemishes? How do they get them that way?

I remember when I was a kid, the other kids said that you can get rid of freckles with lemon juice. Is that true or just a myth?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Winston on September 8th, 2012, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Have you seen a dermatologist?

Once my body calmed down from puberty, I haven't had any major skin issues.

I would suggest cutting down on greesy foods or cooking with Olive Oil or even cooking spray.

You can use a skin wash to keep your pores clean, shave regularly with a gel type shaving cream. Wash and use after shave if that's a problem area.

Also get out side! Vitamin D is for skin health but you need to be exposed to sun light to activate it.

I was fortunate to have very mild acne so my face isn't pitted as I have seen other men.

If you want more suggestions let me know.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No I haven't. A dermatologist is likely to recommend expensive surgery right? They have a self-interest in it I imagine.

I went to several in the Philippines but for some reason Filipino dermatologists are never in their office. Strange.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:No I haven't. A dermatologist is likely to recommend expensive surgery right? They have a self-interest in it I imagine.

I went to several in the Philippines but for some reason Filipino dermatologists are never in their office. Strange.
They are out playing golf...

For blemishes? no. Freckles can be eliminated with a laser but do you really want to do that? You have America's health care system confused with others, where money comes before care. As long as you're not seeing a doctor here, all is good.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Facial cleaning & care products do not work overnight. See if there's a Kiehl's counter at department store in TW and speak to the sales lady there. You probabaly need to start with facial scrub/wash & toner, then apply facial lotion/cream.

Do not attempt to apply products such as chemical/acid peels yourself. There are women who are already familiar with these products and their own skins from prior use, and that's not YOU. See a dermatologist instead.

If you're serious about improving your facial apperance, you need to lose weight and put in daily effort. AFTER losing the weight, you may also want to consult with professionals for suggestions on minor comestic surgery.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on July 23rd, 2013, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Try a dermabrasion treatment and afterwards drink plenty of water and wash with mild facial soap 2 a day (especially before bed).
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston try a Chemical Peel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_peel
Go to a health spa & get it done. It's very intense, they use fruit acids to do it plus laser technology. They'll rub the stuff all over your face then zap inch by inch of your skin with the lazer. Your skin will be red & you'll look like u have bad sun burn. But once you start to peel your skin will look great after. takes 4-8 days for your old skin to peel off. This clears spots & freckles.

After you could start maintaining your skin at home.
I use brown cane sugar mixed with lemon juice as a body scrub, that's really great for exfoliating. Yes lemon juice does lighten your skin, but it can't take away freckles. it works well to get rid of tan lines. I do this once or twice a week.

Any leftover fruit I have I mix with cucumber & honey to apply as a mask. I do it twice a month.

I even wax my legs etc with sugar & lemon cooked into a waxy glue, I do it all at home. It's an old egyptian method of hair removal.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Renata wrote:Winston try a Chemical Peel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_peel
Go to a health spa & get it done. It's very intense, they use fruit acids to do it plus laser technology. They'll rub the stuff all over your face then zap inch by inch of your skin with the lazer. Your skin will be red & you'll look like u have bad sun burn. But once you start to peel your skin will look great after. takes 4-8 days for your old skin to peel off. This clears spots & freckles.

After you could start maintaining your skin at home.
I use brown cane sugar mixed with lemon juice as a body scrub, that's really great for exfoliating. Yes lemon juice does lighten your skin, but it can't take away freckles. it works well to get rid of tan lines. I do this once or twice a week.

Any leftover fruit I have I mix with cucumber & honey to apply as a mask. I do it twice a month.

I even wax my legs etc with sugar & lemon cooked into a waxy glue, I do it all at home. It's an old egyptian method of hair removal.
Hey did you read your Wikipedia link above? It said that chemical peels are dangerous and risky and something you get at a medical clinic, not spa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_peel
Complications of Chemical Peels

The deeper the peels the more complications that can arise.[1] Chemical peels are risky and need to be administered by certified dermatologists. The possible complications include prolonged erythema, pigmentary changes, milia (white heads), skin atrophy and textural changes.[1]
I asked a wise woman I know about this topic, and here's what she said:
I read the topic and it seems that you have received pretty good advice. The bottom line is that unless you took great care of your skin when you were younger, AND have good genes for great skin, the only thing that will correct damage is finding a good skin doctor who won't charge you an arm and a leg for assorted bullshit treatments.

You'll never go wrong with getting into a good skin care regime. I have always used Mary Kay skin products with what I think have been excellent results. I've done this since I'm 17 so I've got a bit of a leg up on people who just used soap and water.

New blemishes are common when trying a new skin item. It causes one of two things and those would be:

1. Getting rid of the built up stuff in your pores and getting good results
2. An allergic reaction giving a bad result

Drink PLENTY of water
Use a good balanced sunscreen if outside
Avoid consuming fats and oils
Eat fresh veggies and fruits
Use a good basic moisturizer at night and in the morning (it slows down developing wrinkles)

The old damage (deep lines/wrinkles/pock marks) can't be reversed. Consider it 'character' and ignore it.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 30th, 2013, 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

oh sorry winston I'm from the Caribbean & we say 'health spa' for these places back home; they tend to have doctors for hair implants, dentists & dermatologists etc in them that do light cosmetic work like Chemical peels etc... there's a lot of medical tourism in the caibbean ... that might be a ice option for u too find a country near by that is popular for medical tourism in light cosmetic work, mainly for skin.

or Where ever u live do your research & find a good place to do it.

also use moisturizers regularly & drink lots of water & fruit smoothies 8)
Last edited by Renata on July 11th, 2012, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Let me repeat, if you've a guy and have NEVER used chemical peel products on your skin previously, please consult a professional before DIY.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The facial washes and scrubs that I use definitely make my skin smoother.

However, how can you look younger? What about products like Oil of Olay? Do they really make you look younger? Do they work for men too? How come only women seem to use them?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 30th, 2013, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:The facial washes and scrubs that I use definitely make my skin smoother.

However, how can you look younger? What about products like Oil of Olay? Do they really make you look younger? Do they work for men too? How come only women seem to use them?
Here are some avenues you can explore to improve you skin and look younger:

1. Make an appointment with 2 or 3 different dermatologists at the best hospital and/or skin clinic in Chiayi area. Better yet, do it in Kaoshuing or Taichung. Discuss accutane treatment to reduce your oil secretion. It is a very powerful drug which has helped many who suffer from acne achieve dramatic improvements. But it is also dangerous so it needs to be monitored by a pro. In the USA, its very controlled whereas in Taiwan, any doc can just prescribe it as they like. I would recommend trying out micro-doses - say 10 mg 3X per week - as nasty side effects are less likely to surface. Again, consult with skin pro MD about this

2. If you lost 10-15 kg in a healthy manner (gradually with exercise and good eating), your face would deflate, eyes would appear larger and brighter, and you would resemble yourself as you looked in those Russian vids - much more youthful. Try it an see.