NYC BAN ON LARGE SUGARED DRINKS!

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

NYC BAN ON LARGE SUGARED DRINKS!

Post by zboy1 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYjFq2Q ... ture=g-u-u[/youtube]

Do you think this is a good or bad idea? Personally, I think this is more of the nanny state/police state mentality infecting the country, smh. NYC keeps getting worse and worse and I live here, LOL. I shudder to think what this city will be like in twenty or thirty years....

And so what, if people want to stuff their mouths with unehalthy foods; it's none of the damn government's business! And if the U.S. government was serious about healthy foods, they would stop subsidizing giant agribusiness like Cargill and Monsanto, and ban the use of High Fructose Corn Syrup if they truly cared.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

f**k the nanny state and its morality policing in peoples personal lives....

shit the govt is NOT your mommy and daddy...but thats who they think they are....

govt is in bed with evil corporation cocksuckers monsanto & agribusiness...so dont let them fool you that they have YOUR best interest in mind.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Well, if the gutless western fodder want the governments to be their mum and pop, let them! People aren't objecting to the pesticide spraying of inner cities( to kill off the project tenants), the spraying of radioactive chemicals overhead or even the extreme brainwashing of their own children!

AFAIC, this is a step in the right direction... :p As is observed by natural law, the elite in some cases have to do the "right" thing, so that when they do the wrong things, the sheeple can't complain, because by natural law they let the elite do what they want. They practically ASK to suffer! :D
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Interesting! I'm normally against big government and being told what I can or cannot consume. In this case I don't think it's a bad idea because something needs to be done to fight obesity. This disease is costing the US billions of dollars. Drastic times call for drastic measures. But instead of flat out banning it, I think it's a better idea to tax the hell out of sugared drinks/junk food as they do in certain European countries (see link) http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/20 ... ch-europe/

The $8 Big Gulp. If it saves me money on my monthly medical insurance costs in the long run, I'm all for it.