Is it possible to reverse or stop aging?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to reverse aging?

Post by Winston »

What do you all think of this book by a Chinese doctor named Dr. Joseph Chang called the aging myth?

http://www.agingmyth.com

Also this book looks interesting too.

Aging Backwards

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A recommendation from Mr S:

"Theres a reputable anti aging drug that's supposed to work based on some new genetic science research read it here:

http://www.realityzone.com/recharge.html "
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:A recommendation from Mr S:

"Theres a reputable anti aging drug that's supposed to work based on some new genetic science research read it here:

http://www.realityzone.com/recharge.html "
Mr. Park is selling a $94 elixir. Before you go any further, you should ask yourself:

a. How old is Mr. Park

b. How old does Mr. Park seem (look, act, etc.).

If the gap between a and b is modest, you've got to wonder why it is that Mr. Park himself hasn't benefitted much from his own treatment.

Keep it real!

For anyone touting an anti-aging breakthrough, the proof is in the pudding. Let's see an apparent 40 year old who is actually of elderly age because of treatment or a stunning 45 year old hot thing who could pass for early 20s on intimate inspection, again due to the supposed miracle aging cure being proposed.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Did you even read the webpage? It's not whether Mr Park is reputable or not it's actually whether you believe the research conducted is transferable to a pill form that can then be taken by humans and thus potentially reverse the aging process. Actually, one should be concerned with Edward Griffin and whether you believe he is a reputable individual or not; not so much 'Mr Park' because Griffin is the one actually selling it through his website.

Although it seems that whoever wrote this on Wiki does not seem to like his alternative viewpoint of reality much, ha ha:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._Edward_Griffin

Make one's own decision....

So as another 'debunker' readily emailed Mr. Griffin about his product, here is his response for those who have questions concerning his character, it can be found at this link in the mail section towards the bottom of the newsletter. Thus, now, you known as 'Rock' can have an avenue to directly challenge Mr. Griffin by emailing him personally about his product if you wish like this person did, he seems to generally reply to many people with a valid critique and posts it on his webpage for all to read.

http://www.realityzone.com/20150327.html

I had to copy the html source page cause there was a block copying the text on the main website.

<b>DEBUNKER POO-POOS REVERSE AGING</b><br>
2015 Mar 26 from Michael Cox<br>
Dear Mr Griffin.<br>
Yesterday I received your email COST OF RECHARGE HAS DROPPED 29%. As a
Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, I was disturbed by your email and
the article referenced therein. Since my field of expertise is physical
chemistry, I asked Dr Joe Schwarcz for his considered opinion. Dr Schwarcz
has kindly given me permission to forward his email to you.<br>
<br>
[The email from Dr. Schwarcz was critical of our product,
<a href="http://www.realityzone.com/recharge.html">Recharge</a>, for reasons
mentioned in the following reply.]<br>
<br>
<b>REPLY FROM GEG:</b><br>
Hello Michael.<br>
Please be assured that we are aware of everything Dr Schwarcz mentioned –
and much more. I see that his comments were taken from an article he wrote
on the topic of a connection between telomere length and longevity. That
science is now well established. In summary: There IS a direct relationship,
but it is not yet known whether it is causal or associative. It is likely
that it will take another decade to answer that question. Everyone who has
studied this topic knows that, and we have tried to make it clear in our own
literature. That information is, in no way, an objection to
<a href="http://www.realityzone.com/recharge.html">Recharge</a>. It is
merely something people should know to make an informed decision about using
it. Much of Dr. Schwarcz’ response is devoted to this issue and, although it
may be considered by the reader as a reason to avoid
<a href="http://www.realityzone.com/recharge.html">Recharge</a>, it is
merely a call for the necessity of being informed, and I totally agree with
that.<br>
<br>
On a more serious side, I see that Dr. Schwarcz has made a specialty of
debunking “quackery” which, according to his speeches and publications,
includes just about everything that challenges orthodox medicine. I would be
shocked if he did not consider my book, <i>World without Cancer; The Story
of Vitamin B17</i>, which advocates therapies from nature instead of the
test tube, to be quackery of the first order. <br>
<br>
That bias is revealed even in his email to you, when he ridiculed the idea
that cholesterol may not be a primary cause of heart disease after all –
contrary to long-standing marketing claims by the pharmaceutical industry.
Schwarcz clearly is on the losing side of history on that one, and I predict
that, within a few more years, he will scramble to redact all mention of his
position on cholesterol and statin drugs from the historical record. I
mention this because it is important to know the worldview of Dr. Schwarcz
when we evaluate his objectivity in reviewing a medical theory that
challenges that view.<br>
<br>
His most relevant point, as I see it, is that the desired effect of age
reversal is not yet proved and, therefore, for most people it is not worth
the great expense of giving it a try. I agree totally with that appraisal
and, if Dr. Schwarcz had read my presentation of this subject as it appears
on the Reality Zone product page, he would have seen that I said precisely
that. He also would have seen that I also addressed the cancer question.
Since he appears not to be aware of that, I assume he has not read our
material. <br>
<br>
So what are we to do? Are you suggesting that I not present the facts as
honestly as possible and let people decide for themselves? Is it better to
say to myself: “This has not yet been proved; it is wildly expensive; but
the science looks good and there is no evidence of negative side effects.
Therefore, since the possible benefit is so great, I will take the plunge
and try it – but I will not make it available through the Reality Zone or
even publish information about it, because others are not intelligent enough
to evaluate the pros and cons for themselves.”<br>
<br>
Michael, that is how I see this issue, and I hope that, after careful
consideration, you will agree that it is the correct approach. Censorship is
not our style.<br>
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
You are studying the Bible now right? How do you explain how the characters in the early Old Testament lived to be nearly 1000 years, such as Noah and Abraham? Then after that, the lifespace gradually decreased. What's your take on that? How is that possible?

Mr S,
I love Edward Griffin too. He's a great truth seeker, author and researcher. However, every man is fallible and is right about some things and wrong about other things. Even brilliant and credible men are sometimes wrong, especially about things in other fields they don't specialize in. No one is right about everything. Griffin may know a lot about conspiracies, but he isn't a biologist or microbiologist, so his opinions in those areas aren't as credible as his opinions on the Federal Reserve, which he wrote a best selling book about (The Creature from Jekyll Island). Therefore, his endorsement of this product isn't very strong evidence of its validity.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Check this guy out:

http://www.rexresearch.com/bennett/bennett.htm

His example suggests a positive answer to the question. I've been wanting to write a biography of him, but material is very hard to come by.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

You guys didn't even read what the original link was saying or we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm not for or against this new product I just posted it since it fits into the discussion boards overall theme of anti-aging. Griffin is not proposing he is an expert regarding this research, he is just supporting it's sale with as much neutral info as possible for people to make their own decision whether they wish to try it or not.

The original research looks promising in regards to reversing age related symptoms, at least in mice/rats, however, since they have a shorter life cycle the same benefits might not be able to be seen in humans for many years and thus people need to make an educated decision whether they would want to pay so much money on research that hasn't been proven to work on humans over a long period of time, only in the lab under strict conditions.

If someone has lots of money to blow and cares to experiment to see if there are any noticeable health benefits they can decide on their own. I wouldn't pay for anything that expensive unless I felt I had lots of disposable income. This kind of product is probably only for a limited market right now, not the mainstream anyways.

People get so riled up regarding this kind of thing, all products should be open for sale, regardless if they work or not and buyers should do their due research and make proper purchase decisions themselves. Since most people are too lazy, ignorant or stupid to do this, this is why many scammers exist. Don't blame the scammers, it's the ignorant shopper causing their existence in the first place. I'mc just not one of them and I prefer an open unregulated marketplace as reasonable as possible without red tape interrupting the whole process.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

gsjackson wrote:Check this guy out:

http://www.rexresearch.com/bennett/bennett.htm

His example suggests a positive answer to the question. I've been wanting to write a biography of him, but material is very hard to come by.
There are lots of positive alternative health avenues for people from this time era that have been minimized or suppressed. I believe the modern medical establishment doesn't want this to be known for fear of losing profits. If one has the time they can find these small published books for free on the internet in various places.

I've read ones concerning vision and dental health before, among other topics I can't remember.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yes, I think that's right. These approaches to health were known at that time as "physical culture." My father, who pretty much reversed aging between his early 80s and early 90s, despite having very bad health habits up until he was 65, once said that if he could do life over the one thing he would do differently would be to get more into physical culture. That was the expression he used, not something more up to date like "health and fitness."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:You guys didn't even read what the original link was saying or we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm not for or against this new product I just posted it since it fits into the discussion boards overall theme of anti-aging. Griffin is not proposing he is an expert regarding this research, he is just supporting it's sale with as much neutral info as possible for people to make their own decision whether they wish to try it or not.

The original research looks promising in regards to reversing age related symptoms, at least in mice/rats, however, since they have a shorter life cycle the same benefits might not be able to be seen in humans for many years and thus people need to make an educated decision whether they would want to pay so much money on research that hasn't been proven to work on humans over a long period of time, only in the lab under strict conditions.

If someone has lots of money to blow and cares to experiment to see if there are any noticeable health benefits they can decide on their own. I wouldn't pay for anything that expensive unless I felt I had lots of disposable income. This kind of product is probably only for a limited market right now, not the mainstream anyways.

People get so riled up regarding this kind of thing, all products should be open for sale, regardless if they work or not and buyers should do their due research and make proper purchase decisions themselves. Since most people are too lazy, ignorant or stupid to do this, this is why many scammers exist. Don't blame the scammers, it's the ignorant shopper causing their existence in the first place. I'mc just not one of them and I prefer an open unregulated marketplace as reasonable as possible without red tape interrupting the whole process.
It may not be wise to be a guinea pig.

Hair transplants used to be a joke. The early adopters paid by looking silly and unnatural. Why be a pioneer? Now that they've gotten the bugs out, the ones done by top doctors can do wonders. The guys who waited were the winners. Cus now they can get a good natural looking result. Not so much 20 years ago.

As for anti aging supplements, stem cell therapy, yada yada, there still aren't any real life before and after examples I can find which suggest anything really works.

Now you can do wonders for you body and perhaps mental well being with the right type of exercise and diet. It's even possible to be pretty muscular and fit looking in your senior years.

BUT...if you are 70, you're probably gonna look 60+ at best (50-55+ at the extreme end) and so on. A lot of guys in their 30s have not really started down path of apparent aging and can look early 20s in some cases. And their are plenty of 40 somethings who look like 30 somethings or even in exceptional cases, like late 20s. But most of all that is due to very favorable genetics combined with healthy lifestyle habits.

Oh, so far every doctor I've seen touting some sort of anti aging cure looks pretty close to his real age. Perhaps we will get to a point where we can indeed slow the aging process in humans or even temporarily reverse it. Then if we are really lucky, such treatments will be made available and affordable to masses. If an when that day comes, trust me, we will all hear about it. Cus it would be a goldmine for whatever companies were involved. Until that time, expect plenty of people to make claims otherwise and develop elaborate stories as to why it's so secret but that if you buy their product, it will do wonders for you.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Have you seen this woman before? She is a walking billboard for extreme healthy raw vegan diet I guess. Compared to her husband it's like night and day. You can go on youtube and see other videos she is in. Our bodies can replace themselves to a certain point if you catch health issues early enough and change ones lifestyle for the better. I guess her husband feels he is too far gone to copy her diet and way of life. He's lucky to have her, she seems smart and good looking as well.

I wish a majority of American women were still like her, but she is a dying breed for the most part.
Here's her official youtube page:

Annette Larkins
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQuvoBxa20hb3iHpnFSyp0A
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I can access the youtube video, but not the other one. How old is she?
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

gsjackson wrote:I can access the youtube video, but not the other one. How old is she?
She's over 70. Just type her name in YouTube then and you can find other videos about her and her own ones as well.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I've seen her before. In the vid you posted, she just turned 70.

It's hard to gauge from the vid but I suspect that in real life, if you saw her up close and personal in shadowy light, she would look 50s at best. The thing about apparent aging is that people tend to take whatever looks oldest about you and base their age estimate on that. If you have a good face but veiny neck, they will guess based on your neck (unless they are trying to flatter you). If you have a droopy senior citizens body but a well groomed and tight face and neck, you will still be gauged as a senior citizen. So to truly reduce your apparent age, all visible parts of your face and body pretty much have to be aligned the lower apparent age you are gunning for.

When I last visited Brazil several years ago, I saw quite a few older black American guys. Many were in their late 50s and beyond. And a subset of them really looked young. I remember one guy who had a virtually un-aged face and decent looking neck and arms who told me he was 57. Another guy who managed condos down there was well in his 60s yet still had an excellent body. Some black people just don't tend to age quite as obviously as other races and ethnicities. Very fortunate genetics.

Here's another one of those raw food advocates. This guy calls himself (at the time of the vid) the 44 year old teenager. He is in wonderful shape and all. But again, if you met him in person, I bet you would guess him in high 30s at best. He's youthful and healthy looking. But he doesn't look anything like a teenager on close inspection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVt5sEC7c5Q
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

3 Immediate ways to reverse aging

Crackpot on YouTube claims he has a formula that can expand your lifespan 700 to 1000 years like the people in the Bible lived. lol. Sounds like a nutcase. Typical delusional white guy with a know it all attitude. lol

The best anti-aging diet by Dr. Daniel Pompa. Emphasizes the importance of removing grains and sugars from your diet.