Winston, you're fat because you're vegetarian

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Winston, you're fat because you're vegetarian

Post by AmericanInMexico »

Winston, the ideal human diet is animal-based. The reason you are so fat is precisely because you're a vegetarian. If you switch to a diet high in animal fat and meat while eating little to no carbohydrates, you will no longer be fat anymore.

Here is a brief guide on how people become fat. First of all, the number of calories is totally irrelevant. It is the type of calories that matters. Carbohydrates are the enemy. They cause the body to release insulin, and insulin is the "key" to fat cells. Therefore, when you eat carbs your body releases insulin which sends all those carbs straight to your fat cells, thereby making you fat.

Fat is different. When you eat fat, your body does not have a massive insulin release and therefore unless you eat lots of carbs at the same time, you are not going to get fat. In fact, excess calories from fat are not stored as energy but rather excreted by the body in the feces (which is why fiber is unnecessary if your diet is high enough in fat). The fat must be ANIMAL fat however; vegetable oils should be avoided as they are too high in omega-6 and too low in saturated fat.

You might be thinking "well what about the saturated fat clogging my arteries?" Saturated fat DOES NOT clog arteries and I am willing to give you an in-depth scientific reason if you would like. However, I want to keep this post to the point, which is that you are fat due to being a vegetarian and that eating a diet high in animal fat and meat while limiting carbs will make you skinny.

Vegetables are highly overrated; Vilhjalmur Stefansson and then later Owsley Stanley both survived in optimal health for extended periods of time without consuming a single vegetable, both eating a diet high in animal fat and meat. Grains are also unhealthy since they are high in carbs (therefore stimulating insulin release and fat storage). Fruit especially should be avoided since it is so high in sugar. Fruit can best be described as "nature's candy".

Start eating a diet high in animal fat and meat and get off the carbs and you will get skinny.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is what a vegetarian friend told me about this post.
There's no point in arguing this... just a waste of time. One source will say one thing, another will say another thing. He is probably quoting from the Atkins Diet, while you can quote from vegetarian diet sources all day long, back and forth, until you both turn blue.

You can research and quote him the FACT that vegetarians are on average something like 10% thinner than omnivores. Vegans even thinner.

But you can have fat omnivores, and fat vegetarians, and fat vegans. So his claim means nothing. Look at all the 500-pound guys in McDonalds and Pizza Hut. Vegetarianism is to blame for that? Are they "recovering vegetarians"? LOLLL
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Winston, you are fat because you're a vegetarian.

Post by Jackal »

AmericanInMexico wrote:Winston, the ideal human diet is animal-based. The reason you are so fat is precisely because you're a vegetarian. If you switch to a diet high in animal fat and meat while eating little to no carbohydrates, you will no longer be fat anymore.
There's no need to go to extremes. Yes, Winston seems to be carb-sensitive and he probably would lose a lot of weight if he switched to a diet which was higher in protein and lower in carbs, but going on a high-fat diet isn't necessary. He might do well just keeping the amount of fat he consumes the same.
AmericanInMexico wrote: First of all, the number of calories is totally irrelevant.
No way, that's just a simplification that's used in diet books to appeal to the masses. If you eat 10,000 calories worth of chicken breasts everyday, you're guaranteed to get fat! The total number of calories you consume is very important. Losing weight is at its heart a matter of calories eaten vs. calories burned.
AmericanInMexico wrote: Fat is different. When you eat fat, your body does not have a massive insulin release and therefore unless you eat lots of carbs at the same time, you are not going to get fat. In fact, excess calories from fat are not stored as energy but rather excreted by the body in the feces (which is why fiber is unnecessary if your diet is high enough in fat). The fat must be ANIMAL fat however; vegetable oils should be avoided as they are too high in omega-6 and too low in saturated fat.
Yes, fat suppresses the insulin release, but if you consume more fat than your body presently needs, it's stored as fat. That's the standard model, although trendy diet books may say otherwise.
AmericanInMexico wrote: You might be thinking "well what about the saturated fat clogging my arteries?" Saturated fat DOES NOT clog arteries and I am willing to give you an in-depth scientific reason if you would like.
I'm open to this possibility, but even if it's true, it's no reason to eat tons of fat because the main concern should be to keep your total calories low enough.
AmericanInMexico wrote: However, I want to keep this post to the point, which is that you are fat due to being a vegetarian and that eating a diet high in animal fat and meat while limiting carbs will make you skinny.
I already replied to this above, but yeah, the standard thing that bodybuilders do when they diet before a show is to reduce the amount of carbs they eat while keeping their protein intake high.
AmericanInMexico wrote: Vegetables are highly overrated; Vilhjalmur Stefansson and then later Owsley Stanley both survived in optimal health for extended periods of time without consuming a single vegetable, both eating a diet high in animal fat and meat.
Now this I disagree with. The fact that two men were healthy after not eating vegetables for a long time doesn't prove much conclusively. Maybe their ability to do this was genetic. Maybe they would have also been just as healthy eating only lentils and cabbage.
AmericanInMexico wrote:Grains are also unhealthy since they are high in carbs (therefore stimulating insulin release and fat storage).
You should distinguish between whole grains and refined grains. Whole grains are much better for the body.
AmericanInMexico wrote:Fruit especially should be avoided since it is so high in sugar. Fruit can best be described as "nature's candy".
Yeah, if you're trying to get down to a really low bodyfat percentage maybe this matters. If you're just a regular guy who exercises, then having an apple half an hour before or after you go running isn't a big deal. If we're just talking about Winston decide between eating a mango and eating some icecream, obviously, he's better off eating the mango.

I used to be a vegetarian and recently switched back to eating meat because I figured out that I was one of the carb-sensitive people out there and also because I realized that dairy cows and egg hens are slaughtered as well, so it wasn't really that much more ethical. The most ethical diet is a vegan diet, but I'm not ready to commit to that yet.

Since switching back to eating meat in combination with keeping my calories low and exercising (like I did before) has resulted in me losing 2 kg already and I'm continuing to lose weight.

Winston, if you want a more mainstream view of nutrition, read "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto. It includes all his knowledge from his years as a bodybuilder and personal trainer.

But if you're not quite willing to go back to eating meat yet, then you at least limit your consumption of dairy products and refined grains. Try to eat nuts, seeds, and beans for protein instead of dairy when you can and try to eat whole grains instead of refined grains (i.e. no white bread or pastries). And also do a lot of cardio to burn some of those extra carbs you're eating as a vegetarian.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

To the OP:
Not necessarily true. High meat consumption is linked to higher risks of heart disease and colorectal cancer. Our GI tract is not built, nor equipped with the digestive enzymes like the true meat eaters in the animal kingdom, to process a fleshy carcass. They kill their prey and tear directly into the stomach where the blood filled organs are. They need the nutrients from the stomach, liver, and intestines. When we cook raw meat, we are cooking out a lot of the necessary nutrients that true meat eaters need to survive, so if we were meant to eat meat, we would eat it raw and bloody.

So, the result from how humans eat meat -- toxic and unhealthy BMs, and undigested meat in the form of impacted fecal matter on the colon walls. It is a cumulative effect, and that's a breeding ground for disease, especially if one does not take proper measures to cleanse the colon throughout their lifetime.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

So in summary, I would say that Winston is not necessarily fat because he's a vegetarian, but is fat because he eats too many total calories as well as too many carbs (which is very difficult not to do as a vegetarian). The fact that he doesn't exercise (as far as I know) doesn't help either.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

Jackal wrote:So in summary, I would say that Winston is not necessarily fat because he's a vegetarian, but is fat because he eats too many total calories as well as too many carbs (which is very difficult not to do as a vegetarian). The fact that he doesn't exercise (as far as I know) doesn't help either.
+1
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Alright, rather then getting overly complex, lets get overly simple.

A person is fat due to one of 3 things.

Medical.

Nutritional.

Lack of self control and discipline.

Or all the above.

In every instance, one can not only not be fat, but get ripped and maintain it!

All it takes is self control, I should know, I used to be 300 lbs, one day I'll post a before and after picture and show you guys just how priceless will power is.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

AIM is such an idiot honestly. There's no magic diet that can replace the practice of exercising your body.

When you complain about your own sweat, eat cake and cookies as a snack.... you're going to end up like Winston. He's not fat because he's vegetarian, you just wanna sound like a health expert at the expense of his weight.

Just shut up and leave this forum already
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

well-informed wrote:AIM is such an idiot honestly. There's no magic diet that can replace the practice of exercising your body
Not true. I have lost weight without doing any exercise. While I have gained (fat) weight while being on the soccer team running ~10 miles a day.
20-30 minutes of exercise (aerobic mixed with strength training) will speed up weight loss and tone your body, but it's not the most important factor.

Get on the one meal a day diet Winston you fat bastard and you'll start burning fat instead of living off carbs. Then it won't matter as much what you eat, although you will gravitate towards protein.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Good point, i always thought cardio alone was overrated for the human male body since we have testerone (except Winston) . Strength training combined with aerobics i think is the best way to shred fat and tone your body. Kind of like the workouts from P90x

Jesus 10 miles a day , did you play midfield? I've always (still have) the technique to play, but never could i play a whole game without being winded haha

Winston if you don't lose weight i'm personally coming to phils myself, find you and then make you my personal bitch in the gym. Make you do push-ups in public too. By the end of it, you'll come out in the best shape of your life :D
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Caloric defect can be created without exercise, by eating 500 calories less then your body needs to sustain its weight a day, you force your body to lose exactly one pound of fat a week ideally.

calories in a pound of fat equal 3500 calories, thus 5 days at a 500 calorie defect equals? you guessed it 3500 calories.

Now, you wont be gaining any muscle mass without proper exercise, so when you do lose weight you'll just look thin and not athletic or if your lucky you might see a flat belly and maybe even the start of abs.

Get off your ass, eat correctly, and you can get proper protein on any kind of diet, it just isn't going to be as easy as if you eat meat!

exercise and nutrition go hand in hand, but if you were limited to any ONE thing, the truth be told it would be better to do exercise and eat like crap, then just eat healthy and not exercise!

your body is what your soul dwells, much like you dwell in a car when you drive it, if you don't put the proper gas in your car and change the oil, it breaks down, if you park it for 3 years and never turn it on, it wont start or it runs feeble even if it still can get from point A to point B.

Trust me, exercise makes you feel better about your self, even if you don't have six pack abs, you'll come to respect the ability to climb steps...get out of bed quicker...and if you are feeling REALLY MANLY! run a mile!

Oh and needless to say, women Looooove a man who takes care of himself, you don't have to be photo copy of the guys on mens health to get the women drooling, truth be told most find that body type unattractive.
universal fact, other then some tribes in africa and sumos in japan, fat is looked down on, it's unattractive and was obtained through lack of discipline 99% of the time.

I have a zero tolerance for fat, on both men and women, and I openly admit i assume things about people when they are fat, I used to be fat, I understand the struggles and mental pain it generates and I understand the lack of will power to change, and the choice to have the strength to change it.

Find the strength to change and stop making excuses or accept the fact that your willingly making the choice to be weak and continue to stay fat, because it's the path of least resistance.

Yes even people with medical problems I'm talking to you, YES even people in a wheel chair, I'm talking to you! with enough discipline a man in a wheel chair can get six packs and get fit just to stress my point.

http://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/e ... ilders.php

See the link and shut up about how you can't find the time to exercise, I hope to one day achieve half the discipline some of these people have, though I hardly think women would find them attractive.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:Here is what a vegetarian friend told me about this post.
There's no point in arguing this... just a waste of time. One source will say one thing, another will say another thing. He is probably quoting from the Atkins Diet, while you can quote from vegetarian diet sources all day long, back and forth, until you both turn blue.

You can research and quote him the FACT that vegetarians are on average something like 10% thinner than omnivores. Vegans even thinner.

But you can have fat omnivores, and fat vegetarians, and fat vegans. So his claim means nothing. Look at all the 500-pound guys in McDonalds and Pizza Hut. Vegetarianism is to blame for that? Are they "recovering vegetarians"? LOLLL

That's right, Winston: quote an opposing response from one of your experts. That way, nothing is definitively settled one way or another. And most important: you can justify doing nothing, and go back to being a lazy, pussified, fat-ass.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

swincor__ wrote:
Winston wrote:Here is what a vegetarian friend told me about this post.

That's right, Winston: quote an opposing response from one of your experts. That way, nothing is definitively settled one way or another. And most important: you can justify doing nothing, and go back to being a lazy, pussified, fat-ass.
In Winston's defense, becoming vegetarian is an easy way to lose weight and gain energy. Even if you did nothing new, (ate at the same time, the same amount of calories, etc) if you just swapped meat for fruits & vegetables, especially raw ones, YOU'D LOSE WEIGHT. You'd start cleansing your body. The idea that vegetables makes you fat, IS f***ing RETARDED.

Certain vegetables are high in carbs, and they could be avoided if you're really desperate to lose weight fast. But having to resort to all meat diet to lose weight is frankly insane. If a person eats REAL FOOD, (i.e. a carrot, a banana, a potato), instead of fake food (i.e. carrot juice, banana-cream pie, potato salad) he will shed pounds and find his equilibrium so to speak fairly rapidly. And ya carrots, bananas, and potatoes are all high in carbs, but unlike processed foods your body can easily digest them and you won't find them adding to your fat ass and love handles. I'm not saying meat is bad, but for most adults its totally unnecessary and is more about gluttony than about health. Also, the meat in the USA is tainted. It is full of hormones, chemicals, and it's unethical to eat because it is factory farmed.

However Winston doesn't understand the vege part of vegetarian, and eats nothing but sweets and soy-based filler. He seems to drink at bars a lot as well. Well beer is very fattening. It's heavy on estrogen, which his the reason for much of the homoerotic behavior present at american football get togethers and frat parties...

Winston makes vegetarianism look bad. But then he makes pretty much everything he touches look bad :P
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Americans are fat because they eat too much and drive instead of walking. Some vegetarians are fat because they eat imitation meat (junk food) and fried foods.

When I'm in Taiwan and order a bowl of hot soy milk for breakfast, it's a small bowl. Why is it that when I order the same thing in the US, it's like twice the size in a large bowl?

This is the serving size in Taiwan, note that the little white disposable plastic spoons are smaller than the regular soup spoons:

This is a bowl from Yi Mei in Roland Heights, California:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yi-mei-deli-co-rowland-heights

If Americans are serious about losing weight, the first step is to demand restaurants to serve smaller portions instead of increasing the price.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

And to add to the portion post above, not all people need the same portion!

if your a 6'0 male who's 170 lbs you'll need a bigger portion then a woman who's 5'0 and under 100 lbs.

eat for your needs not for your desires, food is a fuel not pleasure.

Eat for pleasure and live with pain in the forum of fat and less attractive body and a shorter life.