Any point to a fitness e-book?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Any point to a fitness e-book?

Post by Cornfed »

Since I have gotten reasonably fit this year, I thought I might write a fitness e-book, but it all just seems so obvious. It seems like everyone should already know how to get fit. It is just a matter of doing it. Then again you have an entire industry dedicated to the obvious and/or stupid. How does one state the obvious over and over again?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any point to a fitness e-book?

Post by gsjackson »

Hit the growing senior market. The body changes so much (in many cases with the addition of artificial joints) that you need a new workout program about every year, and it becomes not obvious at all what it should be. You'll find out soon enough. High intensity -- things like your burpees (which were called bends and thrusts aka bends and motherf*ckers in the USMC 50 years ago) boosts the testosterone levels, which old guys want, but not too much of it can be sustained, either from the standpoint of motivation or taxation of the central nervous system. He who finds the happy medium carries the day.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
December 22nd, 2021, 7:48 pm
Hit the growing senior market. The body changes so much (in many cases with the addition of artificial joints) that you need a new workout program about every year, and it becomes not obvious at all what it should be. You'll find out soon enough. High intensity -- things like your burpees (which were called bends and thrusts aka bends and motherf*ckers in the USMC 50 years ago) boosts the testosterone levels, which old guys want, but not too much of it can be sustained, either from the standpoint of motivation or taxation of the central nervous system. He who finds the happy medium carries the day.
Changing your routine once a year doesn't sound like a huge mental effort to have to go through.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

It involves constant experimentation and observation. The older you get the less one-size-fits-all applies.

I tried to do this several years ago. Put together an e-book titled The Pain-Fighting Workout -- a combination of super-slow lifting, a variation of Iyengar yoga, and water jogging with a floatation vest, all of which had been useful to me in dealing with muscle and joint pain. Put it on Amazon for $2.99 and sold fewer than one a month. So if you do it I would try to come up with a strategy to reach your target market. Just set it adrift on the Amazon sea and it's liable to meet the same fate mine did.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If anyone is out of shape and wonders how to get fit, it is of course easy.

1. The Diet: Three principles - Paleo/Carnivore diet, food combining diet and water fasting. Just google them. No processed crap or trans fats obviously.

2. The Exercise: Initially just walking or similar. Then walking and mobility exercises (plenty on YouTube). Then whole body daily workouts involving weights or other resistance training. I would build up to very high reps with the major exercises and get into oxygen debt regularly during the workout. Whole body exercises such as burpees if you are capable would be a good addition.

With an ounce of common sense you will be in good shape within a few months.

edit: I may as well make this its own thread.