American girl in Africa

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
zacb
Experienced Poster

American girl in Africa

Post by zacb »

I forgot about this for awhile, but I just remember it. Anyways, here goes.

There was this one girl (in her 20's) that was doing missions work in Africa. This one African guy is attracted to her. So much that he asks her to marry him. She declines.

The interesting things about the story is that it is not only men that are in demand. But interesting nonetheless.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: American girl in Africa

Post by OutWest »

zacb wrote:I forgot about this for awhile, but I just remember it. Anyways, here goes.

There was this one girl (in her 20's) that was doing missions work in Africa. This one African guy is attracted to her. So much that he asks her to marry him. She declines.

The interesting things about the story is that it is not only men that are in demand. But interesting nonetheless.

Totally, in Tanzania a local black wife may cost only a few cows, maybe 10. Arab-blooded wives cost more, and a white wife? I never heard of anyone having enough cows to buy one, but I did hear of a white mission girl marrying a black as coal pastor in the Congo.
Pretty well gave her family in the US a heart attack...not sure how that turned out.

Outwest
FormerWallStreeter
Freshman Poster

Re: American girl in Africa

Post by FormerWallStreeter »

OutWest wrote:
zacb wrote:I forgot about this for awhile, but I just remember it. Anyways, here goes.

Totally, in Tanzania a local black wife may cost only a few cows, maybe 10. Arab-blooded wives cost more, and a white wife? I never heard of anyone having enough cows to buy one, but I did hear of a white mission girl marrying a black as coal pastor in the Congo.
Pretty well gave her family in the US a heart attack...not sure how that turned out.

Outwest
Cows? This is total bull****. You can't buy a wife in Tanzania, and certainly not with cows.

And if you are talking about "bride price" which is a customary, traditional gift to a woman's family AFTER you propose, again, that is just custom, not requirement, and you negotiate that with the bride-to-be's brother or father. They will hit you up, politely, for about 10 million T-shillings, if they think that you are truly wealthy, and the girl is educated, a city-dweller, and smoking HOT. Relax. You can pay it in payments over YEARS. It's about $6400. You can negotiate down to about 2k if you want. Hell, I spent more than that on cake, drink, and eats for the wedding parties alone for my first marriage. And they will use the money to put her siblings through school, so it's a noble cause.

FWS