Australian girls - friendly?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Australia, New Zealand and the Oceania region.
Winston
Site Admin

Australian girls - friendly?

Post by Winston »

This guy I camped with in Arizona said that back in the 80's, when he went to Australia, girls loved him and had a thing for Americans, inviting him into their homes too. Is that still true today?

I've only met Australian backpackers, and they are always a warm sociable inviting bunch.

If they are so friendly though, then how come there are also many Aussie bride seekers in Russia, like my nemesis Dave Fuller? And there are many Aussies here in the Philippines as well.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Yes, I've heard that too. I talked with one australian chick who told me it was the cowboy movies they saw growing up. Somehow, the connect those movies to Americans.

You might do better there with a cowboy hat.
Erasmus
Freshman Poster

Post by Erasmus »

gmm567 wrote:Yes, I've heard that too. I talked with one australian chick who told me it was the cowboy movies they saw growing up. Somehow, the connect those movies to Americans.

You might do better there with a cowboy hat.
The clothes certainly do make the man, but women who are silly enough to be influenced by movies...
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

The only thing I would look at is the divorce rate in a certain country, and the perceptible degree of feminism.

Check the rates here, and see that females are filing the majority of divorces plus a rapid increase in the amount of divorces and you can safely decide that Australian females are just as worthless as their American counterparts.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... enDocument
WarmnCool
Freshman Poster

Post by WarmnCool »

Grunt wrote:The only thing I would look at is the divorce rate in a certain country, and the perceptible degree of feminism.

Check the rates here, and see that females are filing the majority of divorces plus a rapid increase in the amount of divorces and you can safely decide that Australian females are just as worthless as their American counterparts.

Agree! American women are worthless. Aussie women are not much of an exception either. I met an Australian woman who was overweight and very bitchy. She would get upset at you big time out of nowhere and cud harm you and your job. I saw her doing that to so many people. Fortunately, I wasn't even friends with her. Just a formal acquaintance and colleague from another department. lol
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I talked to an Aussie guy recently here. He concurred with what I heard about the friendly Aussie backpackers not being representative of the mainstream Australians, since after all, travelers have to be friendly and open to enjoy what they do.

But he also concurred when I said, "Well growing up in California, I am using people in LA as a yardstick comparison, and so by that measure, pretty much people everywhere are friendlier." He replied, 'Oh yeah of course!"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Been to both countries. New Zealand is a graveyard for men. Men there prefer sheep. Need I say more? You want to see New Zealand? Go to Vermont or New Hamshire or Maine. Very similar culture and set up. Nevertheless, I was amazed to see mixed couples- Maori men with white Anglo Saxon women quite often. It was strangely encouraging. No woman loked at me, though. Just like in rural Vermont. Although they did not give me scornful looks. They were just indifferent. They would rather have this guy:

http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/65/maori9433.jpg

In Oz I was helped by strange women into train cars with my bags. Women were slimmer, better dressed and less paranoid of strangers. If there were two countries left on Earth, I would think I would choose Oz. And they love American accents there.

But there are other countries, you see.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Kris
Freshman Poster

Aussie girls

Post by Kris »

I think I've said it somewhere else. My best friend met an Australian girl over here in England, working in his home town. They dated and got married about 8 years ago and now have beautiful 2 year old daughter.

She is great, well educated, great mother, very kind, great cook, looks after her family. Her Aussie girlfriends however ....... hmm, what can I say. Even she knows they are mental.

I think Winston had the same experience that we had travelling - when you meet a person such as an Aussie or a Swiss girl etc, you are meeting like minded people who broaden thier horizons and don't make pre-conceived assumptions about other people & countries.

I went out to the wedding in Sydney - beautiful place full of nice slim girls but I understand the fatties live on the outskirts.
After 6 days in Sydney I went to NZ for 11 days to do the bungy jumping etc.

Maoris very friendly people but NZ women in general not great lookers from what I saw. Wonderful place to live, low crime rate, great weather, beautiful scenery but as my friend says - too far from anywhere if you want to go on quick visit. England's perfect for all the European countries.
ladislav. Nevertheless, I was amazed to see mixed couples- Maori men with white Anglo Saxon women quite often.
This is quite normal in most of Europe especially England and you'll see most commercials on TV with a black guy and a white girl as the couple. Over here there was a big support for Barack Obama - never before has there been so much or even any interest in an American election. Think the whole World breathed a sigh of relief that you got rid of that mental idiot Bush.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

WarmnCool wrote:
Grunt wrote:The only thing I would look at is the divorce rate in a certain country, and the perceptible degree of feminism.

Agree! American women are worthless. Aussie women are not much of an exception either. I met an Australian woman who was overweight and very bitchy. She would get upset at you big time out of nowhere and cud harm you and your job. I saw her doing that to so many people. Fortunately, I wasn't even friends with her. Just a formal acquaintance and colleague from another department. lol

I've been to Oz and NZ, too, and was not impressed by the women at all. They were more or less the same bad attitude pasty-white girls you see in the States and the UK. Not sure if the whole bitchy I'm-entitled-to-everything-whenever-I-want attitude is an Anglo thing...? I've always wondered that. They only other women that can top the bad attitude are the German girls (based on my experience). Maybe it's a Germanic-Anglo thing. Who knows. :?
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

I cannot in good conscience, as an Australian, recommend that anyone consort with Australian girls, especially for relationships beyond one-night stands, unless you're a thug, a plutocrat or a big muscular jock. Acting like you're God's gift to men and not bothering to shave or dress properly will also help your chances, especially amongst younger girls. Even then, it's a risky business - Australia's divorce rate is around 50% (probably higher with Anglo-Saxon/Anglo-Celtic women).

FWIW, my Dad's first wife was an Australian. They had all sorts of problems - she was unfaithful, moody and even when I met her recently, she presented herself as something of a bogan, albeit a fairly benign one. My dad's second wife, from Malaysia (my mother) was far more cultured, more intelligent, acted in a dignified, refined fashion and remains faithful to Dad to this day.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Hmmmm, might have something to do with Australians being descended from violent, mentally cracked up British criminals. Not exactly an ideal gene pool they go going there in the land down under. :wink:
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Linc4Love wrote:Hmmmm, might have something to do with Australians being descended from violent, mentally cracked up British criminals. Not exactly an ideal gene pool they go going there in the land down under. :wink:
Not as much as you might think. Only a very small minority of Australians these days would be descended from convicts (although Brisbane was originally a penal colony). The criminals were also jailed for fairly trivial things at times (like stealing bread). This is why they decided to ship some of them off, due to prisons being overcrowded in Britain.

No, Anglo-AUS women are the way they are mainly due to the influence of American culture upon Australia (Anglo feminism) - Australian icons and values (mateship, etc.) have been marginalised over time. Add to that the innate tendency of Anglo cultures to instinctively defend women and it breeds the mentality that they are infallible princesses - which is utter crap, but many women do not have a great grasp of logic. If you feel like a princess, then you are one, apparently.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

I was only half serious about the convict comment. My experience with Australians is limited, but I've met two nice ones, one who was positively marriage material if she hadn't already been married and another who was young and naive but still a nice girl. The rest are sloring whoring foulmouthed slutbags, worse than what you might see on The Jersey Shore.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Linc4Love wrote:I was only half serious about the convict comment. My experience with Australians is limited, but I've met two nice ones, one who was positively marriage material if she hadn't already been married and another who was young and naive but still a nice girl. The rest are sloring whoring foulmouthed slutbags, worse than what you might see on The Jersey Shore.
Dammit, it's always hard to pick sarcasm on the net. :oops:

I'm frankly not surprised that the marriageable girl was already married. I'd say that Australia is much like America in the sense that the better Anglo girls are likely to be taken earlier and the decent ones that aren't (few though they are) are overly focused on their career.

I've more or less given up on Anglo-AUS girls, but I'd still like to make my views public at my university - just to see all of their heads explode. :lol:
Teamsatan
Freshman Poster

Post by Teamsatan »

I am an Australian and i can tell you that most Aussie woman are a sucker for an accent. They are very open to europeans and Americans not so much asians or africans.

Australian women vary wildly from region to region and even suburb to suburb in the big cities.

As said before the good ones are usually gone early.

The cougar phenomenon is hitting hard here, just have a look at any Aussie dating sites and you will see 40+ women seeking ( demanding ) 30 something men.

As a 45 year old divorced male who works in a male dominated industry it is very difficult to meet desirable women here. Most women my age are looking for younger men and i do not want to hook up with 50+ ladies.

I have traveled Asia realising that my best options are there.

What i do find amazing is the attitude i receive when i mention that i have been to Asia looking for a suitable girlfriend. Australian women have called me a pedophile , cradle snatcher, dirty old man, loser all because i desire a female partner that is late 20's to mid 30's.

Considering that i have been nothing but a decent polite person my whole life i do find their criticisms hurting . I do not wish to put all Aussie women in the same category but from my observations if you are a man older than 40 here you are looked at as being finished. Perhaps i could just give up and play golf, pay for all the demands of the females but i just cannot live like that with a clear conscience.