Cheers and Maori song as New Zealand OKs gay marriage

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Australia, New Zealand and the Oceania region.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cheers and Maori song as New Zealand OKs gay marriage

Post by zboy1 »

No matter if you believe in gay marriage or not, would you ever see Dems and Repubs in the United States, singing a Native American song in unity after passing a bill to legalize gay marriage? I'm going to say no....Total lack of unity in this country, in my opinion. Kinda of touching if you ask me:

http://news.yahoo.com/cheers-maori-song ... _container

New Zealand Parliament passes gay marriage bill -- and a love song.

New Zealand legalizes gay marriage: ‘Let’s see how soon their society collapses’
http://current.com/shows/the-young-turk ... -collapses
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Cheers and Maori song as NZealand OKs gay marriage

Post by OutWest »

So exactly what is there to unify in NZ? The sheep? With a population smaller than Washington state and more sheep than people, and most of the people with all the fire and heat of say...Canadians...and they managed to forge fudge packing unity? Impressive!
Seems like a silly fringe issue for people with too much time on their hands...
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

OutWest wrote: So exactly what is there to unify in NZ? The sheep? With a population smaller than Washington state and more sheep than people, and most of the people with all the fire and heat of say...Canadians...and they managed to forge fudge packing unity? Impressive!
Seems like a silly fringe issue for people with too much time on their hands...
Ha..HaHa +1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote: So exactly what is there to unify in NZ? The sheep? With a population smaller than Washington state and more sheep than people, and most of the people with all the fire and heat of say...Canadians...and they managed to forge fudge packing unity? Impressive!
Disturbing visuals...
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."