A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitewilly
Freshman Poster

Re: A Happier Abroad Support Network

Post by whitewilly »

Ghost wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
whitewilly wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 10:09 pm
*bullshit*
Quiet, boy. Idiots are talking.
It's hilarious you think opening yet another subforum would be a great idea :lol: Does anyone actually use the "Expat Living and Dating VIP Forum" ?... Should just change the name to whatever stupid shit you're talking about :oops:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 8:33 pm
So @Winston when do you think you'll make the forum for this?
Hang on. I'm getting to it right now. I have to set up the forum and the group first and then all the permissions and stuff. It's a bit complicated. I'll get back to you when I'm done.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

whitewilly wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 10:09 pm
Lol, you don't have the creativity, intelligence or tech background to pull off anything of substance. Give me a break. PAG's site already addresses your idea. He is using blockchain technology and tokens to allow users to profit whenever someone utilizes it. It's actually quite genius: A decentralized market of coordinated travel services. Anyone can add a service for use by the network, and receive network payment tokens in exchange e.g. buyers can pay writers for reviews, articles, etc. Blockchain technology is a means of transferring money over the internet without an intermediary such as a bank or payment processor. It uses a distributed ledger that is updated by consensus among the community, rather than held privately. Tokens/coins let anyone buy and sell services from around the world. Whenever someone wants an Agent to perform services, a smart contract is signed for that specific job. By default, the contract will involve the exchange of tokens for services. Incentive and Reward tokens are distributed as rewards for contributing utility to the network (by building a great reputation or by curating Agents).
LOL. You just outed yourself as PAG. Now I know for sure you are PAG. Because only PAG would talk like that and defend PAG and his websites, which no one likes except PAG. Thus by logical induction you must be PAG. lol. You're also not very bright either. If you were smart and wanted to avoid detection, you would lay low and not say anything that would give yourself away as PAG. That's what an intelligent spy would do. But you just can't help giving yourself away, which means you have no self-control. lol.

You are banned and so are your top IP's. Please don't come back ok. Go bother other forums. Like Roosh's forum. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok done. I created the Happier Abroad Support Network forum. It's in a new category I created called "NETWORKING, MEETUPS, CHAT". Do you see it on the index page @Ghost?

index.php

I also created a new group for it with the same name. All the members of the group will be able to see the new forum and post in it. Only members can see the new forum. Non-members will not see it.

I added you as the group leader Ghost. As group leader, you should be able to add members and see the queue for users requesting membership too. I think the queue is in your control panel. Do you see a link that says "moderator control panel" or "group control panel" anywhere?

I'm not sure how to make this work yet. I'm still experimenting. The process is a bit complicated.

For now, play around with it and let me know if you see what I describe above and if you are able to access the new forum and panel.

Also try posting something in it to test it out.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I'm not able to see the new forum either. I can see it in the Admin Panel, but not on the forum index. I can't figure out why. I'm gonna go to the phpbb support board and get help. I'll keep you all updated.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's the support thread I started about it if you wanna see it. lol

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2483261

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Ghost
I think I know what's going on. We are both members of the Expat VIP group too, and that group is set to not be allowed to view the new HA Support Network Forum. So there's a conflict there and causes us not to see the new forum. I just removed myself from the Expat VIP group and now I can see the new Support Network forum. Here is the link to it:

viewforum.php?f=59

What happens when you click on it?

I'm not sure if we can be members of both groups. I'll ask the phpbb support forum if there's a way. This is kind of complicated. lol

Also, when you go to your User Control Panel, there is a tab for "Usergroups". I think that's where you can see the group panel. Here is the direct link to it.

ucp.php?i=573

What do you see at that link above?

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I think I figured out the problem now. There are multiple groups on here, not just the Expat VIP group and the HA Support Network group. We also all belong to the Registered Users group too. That also counts as a group. So I had to set the permissions for that from "Never" to "No" on forum functions. The phpbb support team told me that I had to do that for each group. I didn't know that that included the Registered Users group that we all belong to by default too.

So it should work fine now. You can see the board right?

Did you check your Usergroups panel? Are you able to add people to the group? If so, then go ahead and add the people you want. And if you have any questions let me know or post them below.

Btw, I re-added you and myself to the Expat VIP group again. Because I figured out how to set the permissions on that so that it wouldn't create a conflict with other groups.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.