Board Upgrade Changes

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Board Upgrade Changes

Post by Mr S »

Was the sudden upgrade board change sent to members and given a timeframe for the change? I wasn't aware of it until just now to try and catch up with PMs. Although I am glad it's been updated I wish there was a notification sent out beforehand or something.

Do members have to reupload their Avatar pictures or is that an ongoing migration as well? Are there any new parameters that we need to be aware of regarding what kind of pics and whatnot it's capable of handling now? My current picture isn't showing up and many other members aren't either.

Anything that is specifically different from the previous board software version that's better/worse we should be aware of?
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Board Upgrade Changes

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:Was the sudden upgrade board change sent to members and given a timeframe for the change? I wasn't aware of it until just now to try and catch up with PMs. Although I am glad it's been updated I wish there was a notification sent out beforehand or something.

Do members have to reupload their Avatar pictures or is that an ongoing migration as well? Are there any new parameters that we need to be aware of regarding what kind of pics and whatnot it's capable of handling now? My current picture isn't showing up and many other members aren't either.

Anything that is specifically different from the previous board software version that's better/worse we should be aware of?
No it wasn't. But it was discussed in forum threads about the board being slow. So I thought you all knew. In the old board, there was no way to send a mass PM to everyone to let them know. In this one there should be though.

I hope you will not have to reupload your avatars. I don't know what happened to them. Eurobrat's avatar seems to be the only one that's working. I am searching for answer and help from phpbb support on that. But it's a complicated topic.

Most of the parameters are the same. If not, they will be adjusted to be similar.

Yeah there are many new features of this board. I listed some of them here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24873

You will discover the rest later on.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne