How to organize info in the forum better?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

How to organize info in the forum better?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just talked to Kai1275 on the phone for a while. He said that the info and topics here should be organized better because there are too many trashy posts mixed with the good useful ones. Thus new members will see too many useless threads at first glance rather than useful one, and may not stay around.

One way he suggested was by letting people vote or like posts to move them up. Kind of like how on Amazon.com or IMDB.com, the most helpful reviews are displayed first at the top, based on the number of votes on them.

Should we do something like that here? Install a voting system on posts to bring them up higher if they are voted more useful? Or they could be placed into a category or board called "Most Useful Topics"?

To do that though, I'd have to look for a hack or mod to install that would do this. It might be complicated. Or we could switch to another forum platform like VBulletin.

Any other suggestions on how to organize the info here better?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Probably better to simply move topics you deem useful to their own separate area.