Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post by Yohan »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30404

It's about the time to remove spammer 'DavidSof'
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

This place is being killed to death by spammers. Have you stopped anyone posting links until they've made 10 posts?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
October 8th, 2018, 1:29 am
Will mods please go to the latest100 page and ban all the spammers with COX after their name. They have made it easy for you this time.
I just did that finally. I banned their IP too. But they keep coming back. There seems to be no stopping them. Also they seem to be able to post links even though the system doesn't allow it. They must have some hacking software that can post links even if the forum doesn't allow it. Really weird.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I told you don't ban by ip because it could be an internet café, a hotel, a hostel, an airbnb, coffee shop, restaurant, library, airport, etc. then a legitimate member can not access the forum as happened to me on one occasion.

Look if you ban by ip they can just use a VPN. Real dumb to ban an ip address.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

This forum needs urgently DAILY moderation, spam should be removed within 24 h.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 11:01 am
I told you don't ban by ip because it could be an internet café, a hotel, a hostel, an airbnb, coffee shop, restaurant, library, airport, etc. then a legitimate member can not access the forum as happened to me on one occasion.

Look if you ban by ip they can just use a VPN. Real dumb to ban an ip address.
What other choice do I have? Some spammers are posting hundreds of posts with some program. The only way to stop them is to block their IP. What other choice is there?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Don't you have it set up so that you have to approve any new members first five posts? You could make a rule that any new member has to make a meaningful introduction and that they have to answer other members questions before they are "approved". This would thwart most of your spammers.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 5:30 am
What other choice do I have? Some spammers are posting hundreds of posts with some program. The only way to stop them is to block their IP.

What other choice is there?
If you block their IP they will show up with another IP. If you cannot interrupt them otherwise, OK, block the IP but only for a week or so.
There are so many kind of spammers, you cannot really block them all. Hopeless.

The most important thing you have to do as an admin or mod is to control your forum DAILY at least one time - and to remove any kind of spam quickly. Sometimes I get the feeling HA-moderators are only showing up once a week or so and this is by far too long.
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston wrote:
What other choice do I have?
Winston wrote:
What other choice is there?
Winston! My son!

Why you talk like girl??

You disgrace Daddy! Again!!

Your problem: you lazy! You don't take care own house!

Real man in charge own house!

Be real man!!

Love,
Your Daddy
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 8:23 am
Don't you have it set up so that you have to approve any new members first five posts? You could make a rule that any new member has to make a meaningful introduction and that they have to answer other members questions before they are "approved". This would thwart most of your spammers.
Yes but it's 3 posts that have to be approved. Not 5. Some people don't want to make an introduction. That's not gonna make a difference anyway. The spammers will still submit their posts. You won't see them of course unless you go to the Latest 100 topics page. Remember? I can't control that. Some guys here go to that page and see the spam in the moderation queue and complain. Not much I can do about that.

They can just go to the Active Topics page if they don't like that.

search.php?search_id=active_topics

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
October 12th, 2018, 10:43 pm
OK so there are of course more spammers. Why can't something be done about this?
Something is being done about it. I'm removing them. But not everyday. I don't know how people get everything done everyday. There's too much to keep up with. There's an endless amount of things to do online. I can only get a fraction done everyday. I have no idea how others manage.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 9:14 pm
Cornfed wrote:
OK so there are of course more spammers. Why can't something be done about this?
Something is being done about it. I'm removing them. But not everyday. I don't know how people get everything done everyday.
Moral: If you are an employer, don't employ Winston.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 9:24 pm
Winston wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 9:14 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Something is being done about it. I'm removing them. But not everyday. I don't know how people get everything done everyday.
Moral: If you are an employer, don't employ Winston.
Not so. Office work is finite and easy to manage. When I had an employer, I got everything done everyday usually. Office work is not that hard to get done or keep up with. It's not an infinity like the internet.

Also before the internet I always had plenty of extra time for reading and daydreaming everyday and no one to talk to. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=38375

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston, if you're going to show up here, you could at least ban the goddamn spammers.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Can PaloAltoTroll please be banned again? He should have been already.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30233