Are you all able to delete your own posts?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Are you all able to delete your own posts?

Post by Winston »

Question: When some of you try to delete your own posts, you end up only editing out the text in your post, while leaving the post still there, appearing blank.

Do you all not see a delete button in your own posts? You should be able to. So I don't know why many of you aren't able to.

If not, I will try to alter the forum permissions so that you are able to delete your own posts. Would you all like that?

First, tell me if you all see a delete button in your own posts or not.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

The delete button is there (and works) but only until another post is made after it.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh so if someone makes a post after you, the delete button disappears? I'm not sure if I can change that or not. I will try.

The permissions panel is kind of strange. I'm not sure if the ability to let registered users delete their own posts is on by default or not. And the thing is, I have to apply the permissions to each board one at a time, which is a pain. But I guess I will have to do that to make sure that all the permissions are set the same for each board.

You all prefer to have the ability to delete your own posts right? I assume so, since people prefer more control over their own content rather than less. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I can edit my posts. Problem is I can't edit my bits of posts that other people have quoted.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
traveller
Junior Poster

Re: Are you all able to delete your own posts?

Post by traveller »

Not anymore. On this forum as of 2020, everything posted is written in stone.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Are you all able to delete your own posts?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

If anyone would like a post deleted or whatever just give me a shout and I'll have a look at it for you.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.