Do you all prefer to view more posts per page?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Do you all prefer to view more posts per page?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Do you all prefer to view more posts per thread page, or keep it to 10 like we have now? I can change this feature so that you can view more posts per page, if you guys want.

What do you think? Would 15 posts per page be better?

Is the current 10 posts per page too small or just enough?
Last edited by Winston on June 30th, 2011, 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Personally, I prefer having more posts per page, and have found myself annoyed that I have to keep hitting the "next page" button. I think that's more of a hassle than just scrolling further down. Plus, having to change pages disrupts the flow of the conversation. I have my account set to jump to the latest posts automatically, and then I find that I have to page backwards to recall (or find out) what the original conversation was about, or what the comments have been, since I last looked at the thread. If I had the choice, I'd put all the posts for a thread on one continuous page, up to a reasonable number (like 50), but that's just me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok how about increasing the posts per page to 15 then? 50 is a lot. If the posts contain images and videos, the loading time will take longer, and we don't want to have too long of a loading time either. So we need a balance. How about 15 or 20 posts per page?

How did you set your account to jump to the latest posts automatically? Where is such a feature located in your account?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Winston wrote:Ok how about increasing the posts per page to 15 then? 50 is a lot. If the posts contain images and videos, the loading time will take longer, and we don't want to have too long of a loading time either. So we need a balance. How about 15 or 20 posts per page?

How did you set your account to jump to the latest posts automatically? Where is such a feature located in your account?
Yeah, you're right: I forgot about load times. I guess I'm spoiled with the high speed internet. Anyhow, I just have a hyperlink on my browser to go to the "view posts since last visit" location (on the main index page), when I log on.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

I think 20 is about right.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

15 is good, maybe 20. The more posts per page the longer the loading time.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Make it 15 Winston
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok done. It's now 15 posts per page. Hope that makes for a better forum experience.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How is the new 15 posts per page working out for you all? Is it making your browsing experience here better?