Not SARS Just Sex! A Novel about life in Taipei during SARS

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
gits
Freshman Poster

Not SARS Just Sex! A Novel about life in Taipei during SARS

Post by gits »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Happier Abroad and interested in discussing my newly printed book.

It's available for sale at all five Alley Cats Pizza locations in Taipei.

I also have it on Amazon.com (but please order it directly from notsarsjustsex.com to reduce costs and delivery time.)

I would also like to do some online advertising, including banners here and throughout Taiwan. I'd welcome any ideas and am willing to reward the good ones with e-copies of the book.

Thanks in advance!

Gits Ferrari

http://www.notsarsjustsex.com

Hey guys, while supplies last, get my free E-book

White Monkey Underground Taipei Guide

I just finished it and want to begin sharing it right away.

The Underground Taipei Guide has my favorite restaurants and bars

over 160 pages of scanned business cards (in 4 parts)

Part 1 - Shopping & Info
Part 2 - Restaurants
Part 3 - After-Hours
Part 4 - Accommodations

You may see some places you didn't know about....

I'm looking for feedback!

Please let me know if you think it's missing anything.

You can get it by scrolling down to the bottom of my webpage:

http://www.notsarsjustsex.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gits
Freshman Poster

Not SARS Just Sex! Life in Taipei during SARS

Post by gits »

I'm beginning to collect reviews people have done for my book. Many times when I give or sell my printed book to white guys in Taiwan, their TW girlfriends will get it and take it and read it first. This is the review of one of those ladies. More to come:

I just read your book Not SARS Just Sex! yesterday and have no reference to who you really are. But your book is interesting with a wicked humor. Here is my review:

The author Gits Ferrari draws the epitome of a typical white foreigner's life and experience in Taiwan in 2002 and during the SARS incident. His humor and personal view toward Taiwan culture is original. Like most typical white foreigners, the protagonist is an adventurous type of person from the West and sees Taiwan as a land full of advantages for easy jobs, girls and Eastern cultural experience.

As for the sarcasm he included in the book, he has turned the protagonist's misadventures into a series of interesting incidents that appear most familiar to foreigners in Taiwan. He might have written and compiled one of best collections that a white adventurer has wanted to put down in words about his/her personal feelings confronted by all possible occasions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Review of Not Sars Just Sex from Taiwanese girl:

"I just read your book Not SARS Just Sex! yesterday and have no reference to who you really are. But your book is interesting with a wicked humor. Here is my review:

The author Gits Ferrari draws the epitome of a typical white foreigner's life and experience in Taiwan in 2002 and during the SARS incident. His humor and personal view toward Taiwan culture is original. Like most typical white foreigners, the protagonist is an adventurous type of person from the West and sees Taiwan as a land full of advantages for easy jobs, girls and Eastern cultural experience.

As for the sarcasm he included in the book, he has turned the protagonist's misadventures into a series of interesting incidents that appear most familiar to foreigners in Taiwan. He might have written and compiled one of best collections that a white adventurer has wanted to put down in words about his/her personal feelings confronted by all possible occasions."

W: Holy shit. What kind of Taiwanese girl writes like that? I've never known any girls in Taiwan to use words like "epitome" and "protagonist". Those are words used in literary circles.

She writes like a foreigner. Hey why don't you show her my "Winston's incompatibilities with Taiwanese/Chinese people" essay in the other thread and get her feedback on it? Just email her the link to the thread or the text itself.

Feel free to post any good reviews of your book from Amazon.com.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gits
Freshman Poster

Sequel to NSJS : The Oil Sands of Alberta

Post by gits »

Hello,

I've recently started selling copies of The Oil Sands of Alberta, which is viewable at http://www.theoilsandsofalberta.com

the sequel begins where the first book left off. If you still haven't read the first book, Not SARS just SEX! A Novel about living in Taipei during SARS,
you can still view a free copy at http://www.notsarsjustsex.com/free45.htm.

If you want a copy of TOSA, I'm currently only printing hardback copies. I also can send out a hardback copy of NSJS to those who want a hard copy,
signed by me of course!