My New Anti-Modernism Forum

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

My New Anti-Modernism Forum

Post by fschmidt »

http://www.antimodernism.org/

This is my new forum against modern culture and for free speech.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks for mentioning our HA forum there in your forum.

What is anti-modernism about? Do you have a manifesto of precepts or statement of principles?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:What is anti-modernism about? Do you have a manifesto of precepts or statement of principles?
There isn't a manifesto because the forum isn't for anything (except free speech), it is against modern culture. This is like all the MGTOW/MRA forums that are against feminism but aren't really for anything. But if I had to pick a statement of principles, I would pick this:

http://www.antimodernism.org/For-Indepe ... s-tt2.html
Winston
Site Admin

Re: My New Anti-Modernism Forum

Post by Winston »

@fschmidt what happened to your forum?

Anyway, since you reject modernism too, here's a book that I think you will love. Check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EIMMW2Y/

The Case Against the Modern World: A Crash Course in Traditionalist Thought

"The Case Against the Modern World" is a crash course in Traditionalist thought.

Through its pages, ideas and arguments are presented which call into question all of the unconscious dogmas of contemporary society. One by one--from liberty, equality, and free speech to war, sex, and capitalism--none of the prejudices of the 21st century are spared.

Each section (there are 5) is divided into separate arguments, beginning with a thesis--usually a quote from a well-known and reputable source--followed by an elucidation of the thesis.

Sources include Alexis de Tocqueville, Bertrand de Jouvenel, Walt Whitman, C.S. Lewis, and many others.

The only way to think critically about the pressing issues of the day is to break beyond those preconceptions which limit our problem-solving efforts to the status quo. The Case Against the Modern World is an attempt to enable readers to get past the stale impotence of the conventional wisdom.

[Sections are also available individually on Kindle]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
whitewilly
Freshman Poster

Post by whitewilly »

It died because no one was using it?

https://www.easycounter.com/search.php? ... ernism.org
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

whitewilly wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 12:23 pm
It died because no one was using it?
Yes, all members of your culture are hopeless and should just be slaughtered. I now focus on Muslims.

http://www.mikraite.org/Reject-Modern-C ... p1848.html
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@fschmidt did you move your anti-modernism forum? If so where is it?

Also, did you see the book above I recommended? You should get it. You will love it. The author's email is in it. Maybe I can invite him to your forum or mine.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 1:02 pm
@fschmidt did you move your anti-modernism forum? If so where is it?
No, it's gone. That forum was aimed at the remaining reasonable people in Western culture, but there are none left now, so it is pointless.
Also, did you see the book above I recommended? You should get it. You will love it. The author's email is in it. Maybe I can invite him to your forum or mine.
Have you read the book? Can you summarize it?

I don't support all traditions. For example, I am not very interested in the traditions of a tribe of headhunters in New Guinea. And most Western traditionalists these days are neo-reactionaries who are little better than headhunters.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I am reading the Kindle version of it. I have read a few parts. It is very good and covers a lot of subjects, but is not that comprehensive. You would love it though. It has a lot of good points on many issues. No this isn't about headhunters. It is about traditional values, pro monarchy, anti-liberalism, etc.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 8:55 pm
It is about traditional values, pro monarchy, anti-liberalism, etc.
That sounds neo-reactionary. How does this book differ from the neo-reactionary position? I am anti-monarchy and I hate neo-reactionaries. Islam is much better than the neo-reactionary position.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes but it contains many logical good arguments to support neo-reactionism and monarchy and traditional gender roles, etc.

Go here:

Click on the book cover image under "look inside" to preview the table of contents. There you will see a long list of topics covered in the contents section. I am unable to copy and paste it here since I can't select it.

I'm gonna start a new thread about the benefits of monarchy and why it works better than a democracy, and use some of the arguments in the book. I'm sure you will like it and agree.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@fschmidt here is my post on the benefits of monarchy over American democracy. What do you think?

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37684

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Winston wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 8:55 pm
It is about traditional values, pro monarchy, anti-liberalism, etc.
That sounds neo-reactionary. How does this book differ from the neo-reactionary position? I am anti-monarchy and I hate neo-reactionaries. Islam is much better than the neo-reactionary position.
Can you define what a neo-reactionary is? Do you have any essays or articles about this subject? If not, maybe you can write one sometime.

Why do you defend Islam now? I thought you were an advocate of Judaism or Karaite Judaism rather? Doesn't that preach good solid morals?