Private Dancer (free ebook)

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Private Dancer (free ebook)

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Got another book that you guys might like to read for all you guys who plan on going to SE Asia and have fun with the bar girls.

This book is called Private Dancer.

Introduction:

"Pete wanders into a Bangkok go-go bar and meets the love of his life. Joy is young, stunning, and a pole dancer. In a roller-coaster ride of sex, drugs, and deception, Pete discovers that his own very private dancer is not all she claims to be. Far from being the love of his life, Joy is his own personal nightmare! "

Or get it free here and from what I understand the author said it was ok: http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/image ... dancer.pdf

I have read though the book on the "look inside" feature, and you will all see as you read along what I told you guys on this forum from my first day posting here, in that, these girls will sleep with customers and not even remember you (or care to), all while they meet a local guy who they REALLY like who is attractive or something and could be poor, but they will pay for things he wants and sleep with them for free!!

Book excerpt (Pete is the Farang, Park is the local guy and the person telling the story is the bar girl):

"Park waited outside until Pete and Nigel went. I saw him sitting on his motorcycle when I
went out to get a taxi for the farangs and he started pulling faces, trying to make me laugh. I met
Park the first week I worked in Zombie. He's one of the DJs, he's twenty-five and he comes from
Udon Thani. His sister works in Spicy-a-go-go and she's become quite a good friend of mine.
Park's really good-looking and he's got a great body. He and his friends work out at a gym during
the day and they're always comparing muscles. It's really funny when they get competitive about
their looks, they're as bad as girls sometimes. His stomach is really hard, like a turtle's shell, and
his skin is really smooth. He was going out with another dancer when he met me but he chucked
her and said he wanted to go out with me instead. At first I said no but he kept after me,
pestering me until I said okay. The reason I said no was because he had a bit of a reputation.
Mon warned me about him, she said that Park made a bee-line for any new girl if she was pretty
and young, but he told me that I was different, that he really liked me. He didn't try anything on
the first time we went out, either. We went for a meal after work. He didn't have any money so I
had to pay, but I didn't mind that. The DJs earn even less than the waitresses, and besides, I'd
been short time with an old Swiss guy and he'd been really generous so I had two thousand baht.
Park made me laugh a lot, he told me lots of stories about the crazy things that happened in
the bars, and he told me about his family.
I didn't sleep with him until the second date, and it was amazing. He was so gentle with me,
not rough like the farangs, he'd kiss me all over and whisper stuff to me until I'd go all tingly.
Anyway, Park went up to the VIP room with me and we sang duets together and everyone
applauded. He saw the piece of cake with Pete's name on it and made a big thing about eating it.
I fed it to him and then kissed him in front of everyone. I showed him the gold bracelet that Pete
had given me and he wanted me to give it to him to sell. Every month he had to pay five
thousand baht for his motorcycle and he was behind in his payments. I told him that I couldn't
sell the gold because Pete would get angry, but I promised that I'd give him the money the
following day and he said that was okay. He'd bought some yar bar tablets with him and I
swallowed a couple because I was starting to get tired. They perked me up a treat.
After we left the karaoke bar, Park and I went back to his room and passed out. It was a great
night, my best birthday party ever."

This books just confirms my belief that no matter where I go on the globe I just need to put the MACK down and get into a woman's mind so she will like me.

Random comments:

"Stephen Leather's novel is fiction, but it certainly feels like a documentary of a doomed Thai girl - Western guy relationship that happens all the time in Thailand. The story has a lot of the tired stereotypes, but Leather uses a great dose of humor to keep the pages turning. It is ultimately a book about unrealistic expectations of Thai women and Western men as they pursue a better life, and the inevitable collapse. It would have been more fun if it wasn't so depressing, but a great read for anyone curious about cross-cultural relationships."

"If you have ever visited Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai or any other tourist places in Thailand, the most common sight you'd see is an old white man with a very young Thai girl. You'd wonder what's up with that before you realize that they are actually bar girls or prostitutes and the white men are mostly sex tourists. When I searched for books based in Thailand on the internet, Private Dancer came up many times. I was thrilled when I found out that this book was available as free download on the authors site. A printed version of the book is now available but the author has not taken down the link for this one.

Anyway, I started this book when we went on a vacation to Pattaya, Thailand for the new year. What a great insight it was into the world of this so-called couples I saw around. The entire tourist area in Pattaya is filled with bars and sleaze that is usually associated with it. There are similar areas in Bangkok that are famous, viz. Nana Plaza, Patpong and a couple of others. Private Dancer is set in and around these areas.

Pete moves to Thailand from London for work. He gets involved with a bar girl and prostitute Joy and is naive enough to think it's love. He does everything for her and she in turn is using him, as bar girls do, to get money out of him. She also has a Thai boyfriend who Pete doesn't know about. This book provides a lot of insight into these white men/bar girl relationships. In a way, it's the kind of book a man should read before coming to Thailand and getting involved with these bar girls.

The writer has a very interesting way of telling a story. We get to know about story and the various characters from the characters themselves. So there are a lot of viewpoints in this-Joy, her sister, Pete's friends but most of all Pete. It's refreshing and although there isn't much difference in the tone of the voices, there is a difference in their situations. Since this book is written mostly from the prospective of guys, most of whom are in Thailand for the sleaze, you get a different perspective of bar girls than you would from other people, or woman for that matter.

Obviously, the bars and the night life is not what Thailand is all about but it can't be denied that it is a very small yet prominent part of it. Read it for getting to know a world you'll probably never get to know up-close or simply for entertainment.
"

"I have not read such an eye-opening book in some time, and it is an absolute steal at the amazingly-low price of around $2.00!! This is a very well-written narrative and like the above-mentioned Laclos novel, told in epistolary style. It is painstaking in it's depiction of the various relationships that develop between some of the western-bred men who visit and live in Thailand, and the young women who dance in the clubs. I could not turn my Kindle off once I started reading the fascinating and tragic story of Pete and Joy. Many of the entries are so personal they seem torn from a diary.

The men who visit Thailand are often sex tourists. For the most part, the bar-girls are from small villages where extreme poverty is not unusual. Thus, when these young women are promised thousands of baht for an evening of dancing in a club, they jump at the opportunity. They are often un-educated by western standards), BUT are not lacking in smarts, as this book makes abundantly clear. Exploitation, at least in this gripping story, is a two-way street. The author is masterful at highlighting the various ways the two cultures clash. If you read nothing else in this book, then at least take a look at the "9 rules" provided by the detective who investigates Joy and Sunan.....five stars, highly recommend!"

"About 3 months ago I made the trek to crazy Bangkok. I just now read the ebook from a friend who resides in Chiang Mai Thailand, an American married to a Thai woman.

This was a great read, but darkened my view of Thailand. It is very easy to fall in love with a Thai bargirl and I find myself still having an emotional attachment to one of them. They seemed to have cracked the Westerner Psychological code and know how to push the right buttons. My only savior was that I was only there for 7 days and already had my heart completely crushed by an American gal many years ago, this would not allow me to completely lose myself in passion and love.

I fear going back to Thailand as the temptations are so great and it's so easy to completely lose yourself to several smiling vices. The book illustrates the horrible cycle of loving a bargirl. How a farang gets hooked in and then continues to rehook himself in order to not give up his fantasy of love, from this point the pain and stakes only increase until the final payoff."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@NAGuy,

Thank you.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

¡No problemo amigo, de nada!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Private Dancer (free ebook)

Post by Rock »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Got another book that you guys might like to read for all you guys who plan on going to SE Asia and have fun with the bar girls.

This book is called Private Dancer.

Introduction:

"Pete wanders into a Bangkok go-go bar and meets the love of his life. Joy is young, stunning, and a pole dancer. In a roller-coaster ride of sex, drugs, and deception, Pete discovers that his own very private dancer is not all she claims to be. Far from being the love of his life, Joy is his own personal nightmare! "

Or get it free here and from what I understand the author said it was ok: http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/image ... dancer.pdf

I have read though the book on the "look inside" feature, and you will all see as you read along what I told you guys on this forum from my first day posting here, in that, these girls will sleep with customers and not even remember you (or care to), all while they meet a local guy who they REALLY like who is attractive or something and could be poor, but they will pay for things he wants and sleep with them for free!!

Book excerpt (Pete is the Farang, Park is the local guy and the person telling the story is the bar girl):

"Park waited outside until Pete and Nigel went. I saw him sitting on his motorcycle when I
went out to get a taxi for the farangs and he started pulling faces, trying to make me laugh. I met
Park the first week I worked in Zombie. He's one of the DJs, he's twenty-five and he comes from
Udon Thani. His sister works in Spicy-a-go-go and she's become quite a good friend of mine.
Park's really good-looking and he's got a great body. He and his friends work out at a gym during
the day and they're always comparing muscles. It's really funny when they get competitive about
their looks, they're as bad as girls sometimes. His stomach is really hard, like a turtle's shell, and
his skin is really smooth. He was going out with another dancer when he met me but he chucked
her and said he wanted to go out with me instead. At first I said no but he kept after me,
pestering me until I said okay. The reason I said no was because he had a bit of a reputation.
Mon warned me about him, she said that Park made a bee-line for any new girl if she was pretty
and young, but he told me that I was different, that he really liked me. He didn't try anything on
the first time we went out, either. We went for a meal after work. He didn't have any money so I
had to pay, but I didn't mind that. The DJs earn even less than the waitresses, and besides, I'd
been short time with an old Swiss guy and he'd been really generous so I had two thousand baht.
Park made me laugh a lot, he told me lots of stories about the crazy things that happened in
the bars, and he told me about his family.
I didn't sleep with him until the second date, and it was amazing. He was so gentle with me,
not rough like the farangs, he'd kiss me all over and whisper stuff to me until I'd go all tingly.
Anyway, Park went up to the VIP room with me and we sang duets together and everyone
applauded. He saw the piece of cake with Pete's name on it and made a big thing about eating it.
I fed it to him and then kissed him in front of everyone. I showed him the gold bracelet that Pete
had given me and he wanted me to give it to him to sell. Every month he had to pay five
thousand baht for his motorcycle and he was behind in his payments. I told him that I couldn't
sell the gold because Pete would get angry, but I promised that I'd give him the money the
following day and he said that was okay. He'd bought some yar bar tablets with him and I
swallowed a couple because I was starting to get tired. They perked me up a treat.
After we left the karaoke bar, Park and I went back to his room and passed out. It was a great
night, my best birthday party ever."

This books just confirms my belief that no matter where I go on the globe I just need to put the MACK down and get into a woman's mind so she will like me.

Random comments:

"Stephen Leather's novel is fiction, but it certainly feels like a documentary of a doomed Thai girl - Western guy relationship that happens all the time in Thailand. The story has a lot of the tired stereotypes, but Leather uses a great dose of humor to keep the pages turning. It is ultimately a book about unrealistic expectations of Thai women and Western men as they pursue a better life, and the inevitable collapse. It would have been more fun if it wasn't so depressing, but a great read for anyone curious about cross-cultural relationships."

"If you have ever visited Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai or any other tourist places in Thailand, the most common sight you'd see is an old white man with a very young Thai girl. You'd wonder what's up with that before you realize that they are actually bar girls or prostitutes and the white men are mostly sex tourists. When I searched for books based in Thailand on the internet, Private Dancer came up many times. I was thrilled when I found out that this book was available as free download on the authors site. A printed version of the book is now available but the author has not taken down the link for this one.

Anyway, I started this book when we went on a vacation to Pattaya, Thailand for the new year. What a great insight it was into the world of this so-called couples I saw around. The entire tourist area in Pattaya is filled with bars and sleaze that is usually associated with it. There are similar areas in Bangkok that are famous, viz. Nana Plaza, Patpong and a couple of others. Private Dancer is set in and around these areas.

Pete moves to Thailand from London for work. He gets involved with a bar girl and prostitute Joy and is naive enough to think it's love. He does everything for her and she in turn is using him, as bar girls do, to get money out of him. She also has a Thai boyfriend who Pete doesn't know about. This book provides a lot of insight into these white men/bar girl relationships. In a way, it's the kind of book a man should read before coming to Thailand and getting involved with these bar girls.

The writer has a very interesting way of telling a story. We get to know about story and the various characters from the characters themselves. So there are a lot of viewpoints in this-Joy, her sister, Pete's friends but most of all Pete. It's refreshing and although there isn't much difference in the tone of the voices, there is a difference in their situations. Since this book is written mostly from the prospective of guys, most of whom are in Thailand for the sleaze, you get a different perspective of bar girls than you would from other people, or woman for that matter.

Obviously, the bars and the night life is not what Thailand is all about but it can't be denied that it is a very small yet prominent part of it. Read it for getting to know a world you'll probably never get to know up-close or simply for entertainment.
"

"I have not read such an eye-opening book in some time, and it is an absolute steal at the amazingly-low price of around $2.00!! This is a very well-written narrative and like the above-mentioned Laclos novel, told in epistolary style. It is painstaking in it's depiction of the various relationships that develop between some of the western-bred men who visit and live in Thailand, and the young women who dance in the clubs. I could not turn my Kindle off once I started reading the fascinating and tragic story of Pete and Joy. Many of the entries are so personal they seem torn from a diary.

The men who visit Thailand are often sex tourists. For the most part, the bar-girls are from small villages where extreme poverty is not unusual. Thus, when these young women are promised thousands of baht for an evening of dancing in a club, they jump at the opportunity. They are often un-educated by western standards), BUT are not lacking in smarts, as this book makes abundantly clear. Exploitation, at least in this gripping story, is a two-way street. The author is masterful at highlighting the various ways the two cultures clash. If you read nothing else in this book, then at least take a look at the "9 rules" provided by the detective who investigates Joy and Sunan.....five stars, highly recommend!"

"About 3 months ago I made the trek to crazy Bangkok. I just now read the ebook from a friend who resides in Chiang Mai Thailand, an American married to a Thai woman.

This was a great read, but darkened my view of Thailand. It is very easy to fall in love with a Thai bargirl and I find myself still having an emotional attachment to one of them. They seemed to have cracked the Westerner Psychological code and know how to push the right buttons. My only savior was that I was only there for 7 days and already had my heart completely crushed by an American gal many years ago, this would not allow me to completely lose myself in passion and love.

I fear going back to Thailand as the temptations are so great and it's so easy to completely lose yourself to several smiling vices. The book illustrates the horrible cycle of loving a bargirl. How a farang gets hooked in and then continues to rehook himself in order to not give up his fantasy of love, from this point the pain and stakes only increase until the final payoff."
Stephen Leather is a very compelling writer and a well known author among many of the expat circles in Thailand. This book, "Private Dancer" should be mandatory reading for anyone planning to visit Thailand for an extended trip and plans to possibly get involved with the local lasses.

But probably my favorite Stephen Leather book (of the ones I've read so far) is "Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye". This is a totally true account of a westerner who opened a firm and worked several years as a private eye in Thailand, mostly Bangkok. Basically, Steve took his work and spiced it up into one of those books you just can't put down. Just to see what value Stephen Leather adds, you can buy and read the sequel, "Thai Private Eye", written directly by the private eye in the first book, Warren Olsen, a fluent Thai speaker. At the beginning of the book, he will even warn you that he's not a pro writer like Leather so the second book might be a lot dryer.

Another way to get a great perspective on Thailand is to read some of the true life accounts of western men (and women) who've done hard time in a Thai prison. There are several of these books available. Some Thai centric books are only available in Thailand, at such book chain shops as Bookazine and Asia Books. Others can be found on Amazon and a select few are available in Kindle format.