One of many reasons why I don't do cruises...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

One of many reasons why I don't do cruises...

Post by Mr S »

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

WTF!? I can't even imagine what this chick was thinking. Was she so totally smashed that she was incoherent? She seemed pretty calm and relaxed about peeing all over herself and the deck and letting her privates get a tan. Not that I mind a good looking naked chick: you see those on the beaches of Europe all the time. At least she had a nicely trimmed crotch. Nothing worse than a white trash chick with a hairy bush hanging out for all the world to see.

To me, a cruise is a curse. You spend your rare hard-earned 1 or 2 weeks of vacation time trapped on a 3-ring circus boat in the middle of the water with loud-mouthed Americans you don't know, who are primarily there to pig out like beached whales and drink themselves silly. Add to that the common outbreaks of the Norwalk virus. NO THANKS!

I'd much rather be on the land, seeing new cultures, eating new foods, meeting people from different countries, planning my own itinerary, and driving my own car.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Young people tend to take their youth and opportunities for granted. Back in school, if there was a girl you liked, you had many chances to talk to her because you get to see her in school M-F. After you graduate, meeting women becomes harder as the opportunities shrink and distance between you and her increases. A cruise ship, on the other hand, is an enclosed environment where you have many opportunities to chat, dine, dance, play, and soak in the jacuzzi with the same girls who aren't going anywhere. Joining a specific social club or organization with common interests is preferable to "singles cruises". Destinations like Alaska, or group vacation to see the Pyramids of Egypt, tend to have older members, versus weekend cruise to Mexico is filled with drunk kids.

Quoting Tadashi Agi, the circumference of the earth is roughly 40,000 km, and you're never more than 20,000 km from another person. But if your goal is to become closer to a person, you need to shrink that 20,000 km to 0. How you meet that person, and being someone that she'd be attracted to instead of being repulsed by, is up to you. There are some common sense approaches to shrinking your distance to a person. A cruise ship means the maximum distance between 2 people is from the bow to the stern. If you take a girl to a museum on a date, and the artwork is the size of a wall, then your distance from her could be from one side of the wall-sized art to the other. If the art is a large statue, you'd still find yourself standing back with some distance to view it. But if the art was a collection of small & finely decorated Fabergé eggs, you'd find her next to your shoulder in front of the display.

When taking your date to dinner, never order whatever she's having. Take a sip from your wine glass, comment on the wine, and offer to her for a taste. If she is repulsed by you or have no attraction to you, she'd probably not accept the glass. But if she accepts it, and offers you a taste from her glass, the indirect kiss may shorten the distance between your lips to hers by the night's end.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

momopi wrote:Young people tend to take their youth and opportunities for granted. Back in school, if there was a girl you liked, you had many chances to talk to her because you get to see her in school M-F. After you graduate, meeting women becomes harder as the opportunities shrink and distance between you and her increases. A cruise ship, on the other hand, is an enclosed environment where you have many opportunities to chat, dine, dance, play, and soak in the jacuzzi with the same girls who aren't going anywhere. Joining a specific social club or organization with common interests is preferable to "singles cruises". Destinations like Alaska, or group vacation to see the Pyramids of Egypt, tend to have older members, versus weekend cruise to Mexico is filled with drunk kids.

Quoting Tadashi Agi, the circumference of the earth is roughly 40,000 km, and you're never more than 20,000 km from another person. But if your goal is to become closer to a person, you need to shrink that 20,000 km to 0. How you meet that person, and being someone that she'd be attracted to instead of being repulsed by, is up to you. There are some common sense approaches to shrinking your distance to a person. A cruise ship means the maximum distance between 2 people is from the bow to the stern. If you take a girl to a museum on a date, and the artwork is the size of a wall, then your distance from her could be from one side of the wall-sized art to the other. If the art is a large statue, you'd still find yourself standing back with some distance to view it. But if the art was a collection of small & finely decorated Fabergé eggs, you'd find her next to your shoulder in front of the display.

When taking your date to dinner, never order whatever she's having. Take a sip from your wine glass, comment on the wine, and offer to her for a taste. If she is repulsed by you or have no attraction to you, she'd probably not accept the glass. But if she accepts it, and offers you a taste from her glass, the indirect kiss may shorten the distance between your lips to hers by the night's end.
No matter how you reword the appeal of cruises, I still think they suck! :P
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.