Were California girls ever really as good as this song says?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Winston
Site Admin

Were California girls ever really as good as this song says?

Post by Winston »

I can't imagine anyone being all around the world and concluding that California girls are the best?!

"California girls" by the Beach Boys

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/beach+boys ... 13916.html

Well east coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when Im down there

The mid-west farmers daughters really make you feel alright
And the northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

I wish they all could be california
I wish they all could be california girls

The west coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french bikini on hawaii island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldnt wait to get back in the states
Back to the cutest girls in the world

(girls, girls, girls yeah I dig the)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Californian girls are ultra stuck-up. Also, they're not as attractive as claimed. So why are they stuck-up? My theory is the gender ratio for California.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

You have to keep in mind that song was written 40 years ago. So yeah, it could have been true back then.

Just 10 years ago, there were hot American women everywhere. In fact, 15 years ago I had a Russian friend who claimed that American women were better looking than Russian women! But it seems like over the past 5 years or so, pretty AW have become extinct.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Well, after having spent time in Upstate NY and Vermont and having seen the fat, pale, farmer's daughters there, I must say that within the context of the time and the place- the US, the tanned slim girls of the 1960ies CA were pretty good. The Beach Boys also did not go on romance tours that Winston went on. They were pretty much in the US. So, the "prettiest girls in the world" were only pretty within the limits of those guys' world- the US in the 1960ies.
As far as US women being prettier than Russian women, after they are 40-45, that is the case. I was in Russia just two months ago and the ladies there do not age that well. They get fat, some sprout mustaches, and they develop elephant hips. But in the teens to mid twenties they are heavenly looking.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The Beach Boys are from Hawthorne, in a different time.

If they lived there today with 80% non-white demographics, their music might be quite different.

The world's changed over the last 40 years. I go fishing at Redondo Pier near Hawthorne and it's mostly Mexicans fishing with assorted tourists, and half the restaurants and shops is probably Korean owned. Instead of burgers and hotdogs, I go there for bibimbap and raw uni. If anyone is visiting LA and interested, I can take you there to order live sea urchins. Be warned that the taste is a toss of the dice, what you get in good sushi restaurants are pre-sorted (and tasted) uni before they put it on a nigiri.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

I always thought the song was about him wishing that all of the different types of American girls could be in California for him to enjoy.

I'm thinking though they weren't as traveled as the Beatles, who got it right with their "Back in the USSR" song.

If anything, California girls have gotten better looking because there is just so much ethnic variety there. Actually getting one is a different story though. :?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Were California girls ever really as good as this song s

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote:I can't imagine anyone being all around the world and concluding that California girls are the best?!

"California girls" by the Beach Boys

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/beach+boys ... 13916.html

Well east coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when Im down there

The mid-west farmers daughters really make you feel alright
And the northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

The west coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french bikini on hawaii island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldnt wait to get back in the states
Back to the cutest girls in the world

Yes. And they still are. The thing is, many women come from around the world to try and make it in California so it's not like many of these women are home grown like how it was in the 60's.

I would even go as far as to say many of the good looking white girls are being replaced by mix breeds or hot 20 year old Mexican girls because the white population is not replacing itself in California due to white people moving out the state, or not having any kids.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

momopi wrote:The Beach Boys are from Hawthorne, in a different time.

If they lived there today with 80% non-white demographics, their music might be quite different.

The world's changed over the last 40 years. I go fishing at Redondo Pier near Hawthorne and it's mostly Mexicans fishing with assorted tourists, and half the restaurants and shops is probably Korean owned. Instead of burgers and hotdogs, I go there for bibimbap and raw uni. If anyone is visiting LA and interested, I can take you there to order live sea urchins. Be warned that the taste is a toss of the dice, what you get in good sushi restaurants are pre-sorted (and tasted) uni before they put it on a nigiri.
Yup, it's amazing. All the bad areas like CPT, Watts, Crenshaw use to be white areas back in the 40's or so. And as soon as the blacks started moving in (escaping from the racist south) the whites moved OUT towards areas like West Covina, Brea and Downey. Whites are now moving AGAIN because these areas are now being taken over by Mexicans.

For a while though, back in the 60's, it was a clash with the white males giving the black community a hard time and because of this black men formed groups to protect themselves, and their block, and then it all came together as one unit called the Crips. The Bloods came around later over some infighting over a jacket at a roller skating rink..lol It all went to shit in the 80's though when crack/cocaine hit the streets with the help of the CIA. Young black men started selling dope and picked up guns to defend drug trade. And when the 90s came around; oh man, L.A was no joke.

It was the same with the Mexican and El Salvadorin gangs. Back in the day, when they came to California, the white males gave them a hard time so they had no choice but to get together and fight back. White fence is one of the oldest gangs in California.