Funny quote from someone about Minnesota vs. NY

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Funny quote from someone about Minnesota vs. NY

Post by momopi »

"...in Minnesota common courtesy dictates that when you pass someone on the street you make eye contact and smile or otherwise acknowledge their existence. This really creeped out a friend of mine from NJ, who felt it was an invasion of her personal space. one day she was walking down the street in Mpls and didn't acknowledge a homeless woman, who then followed her down the street cursing at her. Having this woman curse at her made my friend feel better."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Frankly006
Freshman Poster

Re: Funny quote from someone about Minnesota vs. NY

Post by Frankly006 »

momopi wrote:"...in Minnesota common courtesy dictates that when you pass someone on the street you make eye contact and smile or otherwise acknowledge their existence. This really creeped out a friend of mine from NJ, who felt it was an invasion of her personal space. one day she was walking down the street in Mpls and didn't acknowledge a homeless woman, who then followed her down the street cursing at her. Having this woman curse at her made my friend feel better."

Having lived in St.Paul/Minneapolis and other areas of Minnesota for 15 years, I can say there is no more than fleeting substantiations if any regarding the above comments about the people within that region of the US.