Japanese People Hate Filipino Food

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Japanese People Hate Filipino Food

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Before I get to the titles subject matter...

I split my year with 6 months in Canada and 6 in the Philippines for various reasons. Since dating sites and apps in Canada are essentially useless, when I'm there I volunteer my time at an ESL school in the hopes of meeting foreign lasses to satisfy my cravings. I had written about this previously in my popular "my experiences dating foreign girls in Vancouver, BC" thread that was sadly deleted, and no one admits to doing it.

Even though it's a pretty slow process, it does get results, so that's why I keep doing it, and have again this year. Most of the students I chat are usually Japanese girls, but their are other nationalities too and yes some are guys. So it can be pretty frustrating when you go to meet girls but end up talking to guys. Even when I talk to girls, it's pretty rare to find one I find attractive. Most are decent, but nothing special, and I'm spoiled by previous scores, so my standards are pretty high. So going there in the hopes of scoring a cute asian girl usually takes weeks or months. Sometimes it only takes a week or so like the Taiwanese midget bombshell I got in 2012. When you get a girl, it's embarrassing to tell the school you can't go there anymore because you have a girlfriend now lol.

But getting back to the title of this thread, a common theme I get by talking to the Japanese and sometimes other nationalities there is that they hate Filipino food, and I agree with them. I'm not exaggerating when I say about 3/4 of the students I talk with there say they arrived in Canada and were living with a Filipino host family and left soon after due to the greasy and oily food they were served. They pay a fixed room and board rate, probably close to $1000 a month, and the local Filipino families make a nice profit on them, but serve them all the typical poor quality Pinoy food full of carbs, salt, sugar, oil and fat that makes Filipinos age so poorly and look so unhealthy. I have started predicting it now, and once the students tell me they used to live with a host family, but since moved out, I then say let me guess...the family was Filipino and you hated the food? Then they almost always say, how did you know? And then I say, almost all students tell me the same thing.

Anyways, I enjoy talking with them and it gets me out of my place , I just wish there were more attractive girls there, and I didn't have to talk with guys too. I don't like Filipino food either. Doesn't matter where I am, I prefer to cook my own healthy food.

I have met a few other local guys there and after chatting briefly we discovered pretty fast we are all there for the same reason...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Japanese People Hate Filipino Food

Post by zboy1 »

Well, I can see why Asians hate Filipino food because it's so greasy compared with other Asian cuisines. Plus, a lot of the restaurants in the Philippines cater to American tastes, such as pizzas, hamburgers, etc.

I absolutely loved Shakey's fried chicken in the Philippines. Tried the delicious pizzas there too (with my Fil-ex). Mmm. Yum! Lumpia is good (Filipino egg rolls), but sisig (sizzling pork heads and liver on a sizzling plate) wasn't my kind of thing and I found other Filipino food too unappetizing for my tastes. You'll notice that everywhere you go in the country, there's a Jollibee (fast food McDonald's clone) in every corner, sort of like McDonald's in the States.

But Asians tend not to like those kind of American delicacies. In China, whenever I introduce American food to Chinese friends or customers, they absolutely hate it. Hahaha...
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

To be fair, a lot of people hate Filipino food.

Personally I find certain dishes quite nice but it's not a patch on Indian cuisine for example.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Filipino Food sucks...but don't ever tell that to a Filipina if you wanna get laid... :lol: :lol:

They think they have the best food in the world...At Least, Americans don't pretend to have great food culture but Filipinos think they do :D
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Here's my solution to that question, and it always gets a smile and/or laugh:

Them: What's your favorite Filipino food sir?
Me: Filipina!
Them: Lol...buang jud ka!
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

It's like a broken record, and happened yet again this week. The story is essentially the same one, just from a different Japanese girls mouth each time.

The visa agency in Japan assigns this years crop of ESL students going to the Vancouver area with local Filipino families eager for room and board income. The Japanese students are told they will be living with a Canadian "homestay" , but find out as soon as they arrive that a Canadian homestay is anyone from anywhere in the entire world that is living in Canada. It seems 9/10 times they are Filipino and serve non stop oily and greasy food that the Japanese students hate and I would too. After a month or two the Japanese will find another place to live that is serving better food and move out of the Pinoy house. They will always give some other excuse for leaving, so the Filipino families keep serving the spam and rice etc. to the next round of ESL students, and the whole process starts again.

It's not as if the Filipino families would change the food if people complained about it to them directly anyways. They will always have a revolving door of ESL students that will tolerate the stuff for a while.

On the same subject, I'm sorry to say that this years ESL school adventures have been an epic disaster. I haven't chatted with a single foreign female there that did anything for me. It's just one episode after another of some average Japanese girl that I forget about soon after talking with her, and usually forget her name while talking with her. I have only seen 2 girls there that looked good but I wasn't matched up to talk with them, so bad luck for me.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

My source of ESL girls appears to have dried up completely. Every year I'm here for a few months, and always go to the ESL school to give them my new phone # and that I'm available to do volunteer conversations. Previously I would book appointments every week and they always had space for me and I met girls every week, although I didn't like most.

Then in 2017 they changed things and now call you if they need you. I only went a few times in 2017 and got no ESL girls from it, but only remember meeting 1 that I liked. I gave the school my number 2 months ago, and have heard nothing from them. I think the school might be in business trouble because they no longer call me and each time I have been there the place was almost empty.

Perhaps they have competition or ESL students are tired of paying to speak English when they can do it for free with language exchange websites that hook them up with local people. I also assume I am low on the list of the school since I only want to speak English and am not interested in learning Japanese. I tried in 2010 and it was awful and I lasted a month.

I'm sure they are after local English speakers that can also speak some Japanese and are not only there to meet ESL girls like me lol. It's a pity because I have been going off and on since 2009 and got 3 ESL GF's from the place. It takes time but almost always get results.