Complimented

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
drealm
Junior Poster

Complimented

Post by drealm »

This evening I went to my usual Chinese restaurant. I sat down at the table and ordered. This Chinese guy has taken my order before, but this time he asked me where I'm from. I told him I'm from here. He thought I was lying until I showed him documentation. Then he told me he thought I was from Europe. I was told this same thing a couple years ago when I started seeing Korean prostitutes. I still don't know what makes me look off.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Complimented

Post by gsjackson »

You're quite thin, aren't you? Nuff said, especially if you dress at all with an eye toward appealing to women. By the time they're pushing 30 American men are paunchy, bearded slobs in baseball caps, with BMI numbers in the 30s.

It's really remarkable how much smaller clothes sizes run in Europe. I'm neither obese nor super jacked, but kind of husky from low intensity lifting for many years. In the U.S. I usually wear size large for shirts, in some brands even medium. There was one brand of shirt I tried on in Warsaw where the largest size -- XXL -- was too tight.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I am not thin and I get the same comments about not looking American. It's simple, if you don't look like a degenerate asshole, then you don't look American.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Was that a compliment or a question for his own curiosity? Is it better to be European? I'm asking. Anyhow, maybe your face has an exotic look, or you carry yourself in a more classy way.

When I was in Ecuador, one of the women at the reception desk thought I was from Italy until she saw my passport. I don't know what that means. Compliment?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
nutjob
Freshman Poster

Post by nutjob »

do you still see pro's? I want to but im afraid of getting caught.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

nutjob wrote:do you still see pro's? I want to but im afraid of getting caught.
Yes.

I was afraid of breaking the law at first but I realized the probability is very low. Unless you're seeing street walkers or going to an a very public AMP it doesn't happen. AAMP's are never raided and I've never heard of police doing an outcall sting.
NicholasCatrow
Freshman Poster

Post by NicholasCatrow »

I am not thin and I get the same comments about not looking American.