Hostels in the USA

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Hostels in the USA

Post by WorldTraveler »

Has anyone stayed in any hostels in the USA? Did you have a good experience? Did you meet people from different countries? Did you make any new friends or more? :D

I had thought about doing a cross country road trip and stay in some hostels. I thought it would add to the experience.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Hostels in the USA

Post by Wolfeye »

Didn't know there were hostels in the USA. I would be EXTREMELY cautious about using them, since people are not all that "social" (or whatever the word is for being isolated & not into meeting people or really hearing what they have to say). There's also a little bit of a tendancy to act like a complete asshole to be ironic & to go on a killing spree to be famous. That last one isn't ALL the time, but it happens. Another thing is people f***ing up & crying victim- that's actually a pretty common one.

Not sure what you'd get, but I figure cross country trips tend to revolve around "keeping your head down & getting where you're going." It doesn't seem like that in other places, but that's something that people that aren't from here tend to say. You don't tend to feel included, everything is about work, and it's a pain in the ass to do anything because so much is illegal/inaccessible. I've lived here my whole life & can say that it was mostly like trying to carve things without any wood & getting blamed for not doing it.

Anyway, not sure what kind of social environment you're going to run into at these places (if they exist), is what I'm saying. Maybe it's a "you're welcome here, but also a bum that I hate & will start shit with."
Alepeno
Freshman Poster

Post by Alepeno »

WorldTraveler! I have never tried anything like this before, but surely will love to try these things in my future also. I have been to USA many of the times during my travel journey, but never lived in a hostel there. I'm sure that will be an amazing sort of experience for me, and will have fun there.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yes, I have done this two times when I went to Los Angeles. It is a wonderful way to meet people. I am serious. Plus it is cheap. A problem you may encounter is that some hostels will not accept people who live in that same state or who can not prove ongoing travel. They don't want it to be used as a hotel. They intend for it to be for people who are traveling around. Also if you meet a woman from outside, you still can't bring her inside.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Adama: What the f**k? If I meet a woman that doesn't stay there I can't bring her in? Is that the way it is with regular hostels? Also, are there curfews? It wouldn't suprise me in America, but I've never heard of that with hostels. Just figure I should ask to make sure.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Wolfeye wrote:Adama: What the f**k? If I meet a woman that doesn't stay there I can't bring her in? Is that the way it is with regular hostels? Also, are there curfews? It wouldn't suprise me in America, but I've never heard of that with hostels. Just figure I should ask to make sure.
Some places may have curfews. You may have to ask before you book the place. It's standard not to allow guests to bring in anyone from outside. Most hotels will allow you to do that, but hostels will not. And the people who work in hostels monitor who is coming in more closely than the people who work at hotels. You can walk into a hotel without even being a guest and go all throughout the place. In a hostel this is much harder to do without already being a paid guest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

For those of you who have never been, hostels usually have rooms where you will be bunking with random strangers. Those rooms can be super cheap. You can pay a bit more for a single room or double room if you buy both beds. That way you'll have privacy. No locks on any doors. So they'll give you a locker or rent you one for a small fee to put your valuables in. No one will be coming to clean your room usually. And people usually gather in a common area, such as by a restaurant or by the pool, where all the strangers can get to meet each other.

Keep in mind, you can always meet a girl from within the hostel, and that isnt outside the realm of possibility.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Ghost wrote:The U.S. has hostels?

I've never seen one before.
I stayed at a hostel in Albuquerque this past summer; the guests were all Americans (except for this one girl who was from Ontario, Canada) and were in their own bubble.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yes, the major cities have hostels. Go to hostelworld.com or hostelling international. I've stayed in hostels in Los Angeles three times since 2009.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

They can be good if you are going to the city by yourself and want some company so you are not completely bored. For those of you guys who paid for double rooms, can't you just bring your date with you to the hostel and have her signed in as a guest for the night? So that way she is a guest just like you. If you paid for 2 beds you should be able to bring one other person. It shouldn't be any different than getting a double room with your wife or girlfriend I wouldn't imagine.

It may be best to not expect to get lucky also. You can have a good time in a new city, maybe go on a date and try to set something up for the future.. You can have fun without p***y guys.
Alepeno
Freshman Poster

Post by Alepeno »

USA offers a plenty of hostels which i think a very good option for everyone. It will be great for me to explore that place. I have been visit so many of like these and just so sure that it will be a god expericne for me to experience anything like this. That just always admired me to explore new and new a lot like these around USA. I'm sure that will be fun for me to be there.