Albuquerque, NM vs. El Paso, TX - singles scene

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Albuquerque, NM vs. El Paso, TX - singles scene

Post by MattHanson1990 »

This post is to compare the singles scene and the dating scene in Albuquerque, New Mexico and El Paso, Texas. I lived in Albuquerque when I was getting my bachelor's degree at UNM, and this past year I visited El Paso over a dozen times; I'm planning on heading down to El Paso near the end of this month this time spending three weeks at someone's house on hospitalityclub.org. Anyways, I'm going to list things I noticed about the singles scene and the dating scene for each city.

Albuquerque - The dating scene is absolutely a nightmare and is almost if not just as bad as California and Las Vegas. The girls are more Americanized, especially the non-Hispanic white ones which make up 60% of the city's population. Hispanic girls and real Christian girls are the only ones who are down to earth. Many girls expect guys to have a job AND a car in order to be dating material. Get real girls, most guys can't be in the top 10 percent. Girls also flake out a lot or come up with a BS excuse. Especially attractive girls in Albuquerque are stuck up will not want to even be friends with guys not their type. UNM has way more Greek life compared to UTEP, which says a lot about how so many girls attending UNM are stuck up, cliquish, and treat most guys like crap. And UNM is even a party school. I went to a house party once, and it was miserable for me. The party was a huge sausage fest, every girl I saw was with a guy or multiple guys, and most girls appeared stuck up and unapproachable. As always one of the guys told me that "I just need confidence". Ever since then, I gave up on going to house parties. In Albuquerque, more often than not, many guys find out every girl they desire is taken. Not only that, but they also find out all her female friends are taken. And sometimes they even find out her guy friends are all single :shock: . This right here is a triple whammy and tells us that single men outnumber single women in Albuquerque. For those of you lonely dateless men in Albuquerque, a good solution is to get on I-25 south and head to El Paso, which is only 3 hours and 45 minutes away.

El Paso - The dating scene and singles scene are reversed from Albuquerque along with most other parts of America. From personal travel experience and based on what fschmidt pointed out, El Paso is the least Americanized city in the US. Many girls are more down to earth, with the majority of them being Mexicans. They are easier to meet, and some of them do approach guys, even if they're strangers. Some girls in El Paso will even ask guys to hang out with them, as was the case with that one girl when I went down there this past November. And even more good news, many of the women are not only down to earth but also single, which is a lot like what guys notice in most foreign countries. In El Paso, either the ratio of single men to single women is exactly 1:1, or there are more single women than single men. El Paso women are also easier to befriend, even if you can't date some of them. Because meeting people in El Paso comes more naturally, you don't need to develop "confidence" in order to do so. For those of you getting started with the HA movement, I recommend El Paso, even though it's still in America. Plus, one can cross the border into Ciudad Juarez to get started with HA.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Albuquerque, NM vs. El Paso, TX - singles scene

Post by fschmidt »

I never dated on El Paso but this report makes sense to me. I still find El Paso tolerable and the rest of America intolerable. The only thing El Paso lacks is a good Orthodox synagogue.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

why is el paso so different than the superficial U.S.A ?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

It's about 80 percent Mexican. You'd be hard pressed to find an anglo in any nightspots there.