Dating Au Pairs / Immigrants?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
drealm
Junior Poster

Dating Au Pairs / Immigrants?

Post by drealm »

Some of us are stuck in the US due to time or money constrains. In my case I can afford to travel but have no time.

The next best thing is dating a new immigrant. However this is difficult as there are no dating sites built around this need. I think if a business attempted to connect immigrants with Americans rather than having guys fly out to meet girls it would actually be much more successful.

But since there are no businesses like this you need to leverage the existing ones.

I visited http://www.cupidmedia.com/services.cfm and registered on all the asian sites, some of the latin ones and all of the european ones. Some immigrants use these sites to connect with people. I did a search for 50 mile radius within my home. The results ranged from 11~82 hits. I then read each profile to see if they say "I'm from...", this is the only way I see to discern quickly if they are immigrants. The best site had about 3% foreign women. When you factor in average activity status (last response over 12 months) this leaves a small pool.

I then started doing some research on "Au Pairs". Au Pairs are usually young girls that just got out of high school or are around college age. They act as nannies for rich families. They're usually bored (around children all day), have no friends and don't speak the language fluently. So they seem like an ideal candidate. If you do a google search on "dating au pairs" you'll see this is not an original idea. Most people however just get lucky running into an Au Pair or are a friend of the hosting family.

Does anyone have experience with meeting or dating Au Pairs or immigrant women? If so what's the best way to meet them?